main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Republic Knights and Starships WoTC books: any hints on availibility?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Ardashir, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardashir

Ardashir Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2009
    Hi all,

I hope this goes here. I've been checking around for copies of the 'Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide' and the 'Starships of the Galaxy' book from WoTC for their Saga system -- and apparently they've gone out of print? Can anyone verify this, and if so, where would be a good place to look for copies that aren't of astronmical prices?

For that matter, why would Wotsy let them go out of print anyway? The Starships book especially sounds basically essential for the entire game line.

Thanks all.

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    It might be simply because of their appeal, KOTOR is a very good book and I consider Starships to be essential along with Threats and Core.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Check some place like Amazon. You'll probably pay a little less than retail (which is about $35-40).

4. Ardashir

Ardashir Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2009
    I did check Amazon. Those two books are going for something like $80 minimum. I think Wotsy needs to do a second print run of them. There's obviously a market for them, so why not?

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Most probably because the books don't sell fast enough to justify a 2nd printing. Its always been the red-headed stepchild of WOTC, who concentrates on D&D.

6. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    check eBay. Usually much more reasonable than amazon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.