main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Old Republic MMO Discussion

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Old Republic MMO Discussion here.
    Are you looking forward to another Star Wars MMO?

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Now that I have a computer with a decent hard drive (so I can have games on there), I'll probably look into getting this game when it comes out.

3. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I would still like to hope that there is still a place for SWG, but I won't be holding my breath anytime soon. I do think that this new MMORG will be what Galaxies should have been. I don't think it will suffer some of the same pitfalls as Galaxies did. I think that is largely due to the different era of play.

With this one, it doesn't matter if there are 100,000 Jedi on the game. It is set in a time where it makes sense and is actually conducive to the overall storyline. I think it was the playable Jedi feature that killed Galaxies, because the game developers had to revamp everything to work around the mother of all clusters that was the Jedi - in an era where Jedi didn't exist. Having to change everything to keep everything on an even keel, and caving in to the endless demands of the player community is what killed it.

Who knows, maybe they can keep Galaxies, and take back to how it was when it was first launched - no Jedi and set parameters for upgrading your character.

I am looking forward to seeing how well this game does...

- Bill

4. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Word was they were going to keep running SWG. I agree that Jedi killed SWG, along with a ton of other factors. Being a 5 yr SWG vet, I saw everything that killed a once beginning great game. List of complaints too long for me to list without getting too worked over stating them, but:
    1) Jedi Killed SWG. There should have been a Galaxy cap on the number of Jedi. They should have been limited in their powers, hunted to extinction, etc.
    2) Too many problems, bugs, etc for the devs to handle. Plus it made the game feel like it was a beta, not ready for release.

I could go on, but I won't. And trying to go back to day 1 in a emulated SWG just won't fly anymore.

ON to Old Republic I say. Hopefully with more planets to explore (10+ starting out, better missions (not group missions to serve the elite few with rewards, 20-40 man groups for elitist weapons, etc).

Better classes with proper skills, class missions, etc.

SWG just burnt me out with too many people crying out with problems. ugh!

Hopefully Bioware has learned from SONY/LA mistakes and gets this one right.

-Eric

5. Darth_McCain

Darth_McCain Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2008
    With the new videos of TOR i cannot wait for this game. I have never gotten into WoW but KOTOR was fantastic and Bioware is quite possibly the best developer in gaming right now. Quite frankly I don't see myself playing as a Jedi or a Sith I really want to play as a bounty hunter. Hopefully this game will draw enough of a following to keep up with WoW, which honestly i believe won't be that hard seeing as how many Star Wars fans are constantly on the computer talking about Star Wars.

~Kevin

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Any idea on when it comes out?

7. Darth_McCain

Darth_McCain Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2008
    Comes out next year so it gives me enough time to get a decent desk top to play. If you swing by youtube there is a ton of footage up including a cutscene, gameplay, and introduction to the time and classes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.