main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Old Republic MMO Trailer (must see, even if you hate video games)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Nebelwerfer, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/deceived-cinematic-trailer?sourceid=ea3719

Just watch it, no chit-chat, just watch it.

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Congrats Tom... You have just succeeded in wowing me... HOLY FIRFIEK that was AWESOME! Who's the hottie Fett?!

3. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    too bad the clone wars cartoon wasn't half as cool as this video game trailer is

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah seriously! I think that's Darth Malak! Totally bad@ss! Very 300/Matrix-esque action done right! Why can't all the prequels be like this?!

5. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Half is generous.

That clip totally looked great. Yet another reason I gotta save up for new hardware now.

6. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    So... when does this take place? Because that trooper's armor looks like heavy duty versions of commando clones.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Appoximately 300 years after the events of KOTOR... more than 3500 before Vader's rise.

hehe... 300... AOOOHHHHH!!!!

Dude! Lou! Hottie Fett! ;)

From the game:
    The Galactic Republic stood for generations as a bastion of peace in a galaxy of warring star systems. Protected by its stalwart Jedi guardians, the Republic held the greatest hope for the progress of civilization and galactic unity.

Deep in unknown space, however, a mighty Sith Empire was forged, led by dark Sith Lords who dreamt of galactic domination and vengeance against their ancient Jedi enemies. After centuries of preparation, the time came for the Sith to make their return.

With a massive fleet and an awe-inspiring army of fearless troops, the Sith Emperor launched a surprise assault, quickly capturing dozens of worlds in the Outer Rim, and sparking a war unlike any other in the galaxy?s history.

From the frozen wastes of Ilum to the desert plains of Dathomir, violent battles killed untold millions. Despite its avowed neutrality, surface structures on the water-covered world of Manaan were completely destroyed, forcing the Selkath to retreat to their ocean underworld. Other star systems fared worse?some destroyed, others left uninhabitable. The carnage concluded with the Sith Empire sacking the Republic's capital planet of Coruscant and forcing the Republic Senate into the controversial Treaty of Coruscant.

In the years since the treaty, fear and uncertainty have gripped the galaxy, enabling the Sith Emperor to pursue his own mysterious purposes while the Republic has made efforts to rebuild its infrastructure and adjust military priorities to the new galactic landscape.

Now, tensions between the Republic and the Empire are running high, and a series of border skirmishes and proxy wars have broken out, even on planets as historically peaceful as Alderaan. The uneasy truce established by the Treaty of Coruscant is quickly tearing apart at the seams, and a return to all-out war has begun in all but official terms.

A new generation of heroes, both light and dark, emerges to face the difficulties of these chaotic times, and fight for the fate of the galaxy in this most desperate age.

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    For those with RL access, check this out:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17718

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Don't think you need RL access to read it... Cos I just did. lol

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay... is it my imagination or are the Jedi and Sith getting MORE bad@ss the further you go back in time? lol I mean at this level it looks like the Force powers are TFU level... Also, who notice the reverse behind the back saber sweep to block for extra credit? :D

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Old Republic History...

Interesting... yet... if this is true... the ramifications for continuity will be nuts... The Sith Empire's symbol is the Republics cog which then warps into the Empire's cog... The rule of two gets throw out the window... Hmmmm.... interesting...

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Pics from the event (as well as the process of making the costumes for it) in SoCal:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/briekalan/sets/72157619174423128/

13. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008

The rule of 2 wasn't made until about 1000 years before ANH, by Darth Bane. I know that Old republic stuff is your weekness, but you're really missing out on some awsome books/games. If you haven't played any of the Kotor games, go play them now, they're so WIZARD!

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    First of all... never say Wizard again... lol

Secondly my only weakness is most prequel novels published after 2002.

Third... I just found my copy of KOTOR! WOOHOO!!!!!!!:D

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Awesome!!! I love it!! Why is the best Jedi/Sith stuff on the darn video games?!!! Argh!!

16. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23347

this is a few months old, but the star wars battlefront iii leaked trailer is fricken epic

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
  18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
  19. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    I signed up to be part of the exclusive beta for this game, and I usually get accepted for these. I got to beta test star wars galaxies and Lord of the rings online for a few months before it was released, so I have a good feeling that i'll get accepted for this one too.

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That'd be cool Tom. May the Force be with you!

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Although I was able to snag both the Sith and Jedi armor freebie t-shirts at Comic-Con, apparently swshop.com has an exclusive "Babe Fett" t-shirt for the ladies:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1314146

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hottie Fett =P~

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    A comic book series based on this will be coming out this year!

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The "Hope" trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcpdEB_KOQ

I call chain gun. ^^

25. irishjedimaster

irishjedimaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2010
    What kind of a monster hates video games? Also, the comic based on the game is out. I picked up the first issue last month. I haven't gotten a chance to get my weekly comics in a couple of weeks, but the second either came out or is on its way. There is also a book out as well. Borders has it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.