main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Rogue Squadron Help - (Not Rogue Leader)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by GreatAroo, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatAroo

GreatAroo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I just saw the old Rogue Squadron 3D game for the PC for 10 bucks and picked it up. I am having a blast but am stuck trying to destroy the factories on the moon. I destroyed them all and picked up some special bombs or something, but the level wont end. On my radar, the bombs looked like a neutral blue dot. I see 2 more of the blue dots on the radar right where the other 2 factories were. But they are of a different setup with the elevated platform and I cant seem to find anything to pick up or blow up. The goals say to still destroy the AT-AT factory. The AT-ST one it says is destroyed. Anybody know how I get past this level. I want to continue the game.

2. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    eh, what is the name of the mission?

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    You're saying you can't find all the factories? Just look around dude, they're there.

And it's a heckuva hard mission. :p

4. GreatAroo

Jun 10, 2002
    I dont remember the name off hand. Its like the 4th or 5th mission in. Wasn't too hard to me except for it wont end. Its on a grey looking moon. You have to take out the 3 factories and starts by taking out sensor dishes. Hope someone can help me out here. I just have these 2 remaining blue dots on my radar and keep flying around. Any ideas?

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, it's the mission with the factories, where you fly an airspeeder and that starts in a canyon... Very hard, indeed. Just because of those missile turrets. Well, as said before, the factory is somewhere nearby, search well... Oh, and IIRC, the AT-AT one's the toughest...

6. GreatAroo

Jun 10, 2002
    Actually, once I got passed the sensors without being detected, the level wasnt too bad. The point I'm at now is just flying around with nothing shooting me and these 2 blue neutral dots on my radar. There was 3, but I picked one up as it was a set of special bombs or something. I've flown around the whole level a bunch of times and can find nothing else. Is there a way to pick up those dots. I dont see anything in my view but the dots are right under the elevated platforms of the 2 factories.

Any help will be appreciated.

GreatAroo

7. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Fly along with the canyon wall on one side of you and keep it like that. You'll go all round the level, but you will definitely find it.

Good luck.
    If you find this hard, just wait till rescue on Kessel... *shudders*

8. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    There's definitely a side canyon that's kinda tough to find at first. At the end is an AT-AT with a pair of turbolasers and a pair of missile launchers behind it, a trio of TIE fighters patrolling, and a BIG AT-AT factory with a lot of targets. I'm thinking maybe this might be the bit you missed.

9. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    "If you find this hard, just wait till rescue on Kessel... *shudders*"

Bah, one of the easiest. Just go for the train, don't care about the rest. It's quite easy to shut down, and once you've done that you're over. (Well, of course unless you want some medal... ;) )

The two bombing missions with the Y-Wing are the hardest IMO, on Kyle II and Sullust.

As for the specific mission that is problemtic to you, as Patrick said (and others) there is another canyon to get there...

10. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Well of course if you only want to pass it it's easy! :p

Yeah, Sullust is hard as hell, but I never minded Kyle II. Damn funny level if you play as the interceptor! [face_laugh]

11. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    I always lost myself on Kile II... And after about 10 minutes searching for the hell where I had to go, I often ended up crashing somewhere because I got really, really nervous. :p

For mission 7, Imperial Contruction Yards, here's a plan that could help you :

[image=http://www.pxart.com/starwars/img/mission7.jpg]

12. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I always love taking the Falcon on the Kile II run. Lots of TIEs to shoot down, lots of havoc to wreak! ;^)

Too bad the Falcon in Rogue Leader is nowhere near as useful and fun to fly as the Falcon in the original Rogue Squadron...

(Great map, by the way!)

13. GreatAroo

Jun 10, 2002
    Mission Completed! Thanx for all the help guys. The mapped helped as well, so it was not a waste of your time. I appreciate it all.

Now learning how to drop those bombs from the Y-Wing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.