Old Rogues go Rogue: Latest Update: Wes' Sister Comes to Visit

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    This will be a collection of stories about what the old rogues are doing during the NJO.

Please add comments and suggestions.
  2. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Time: before Star by Star
    Summary: the story of how Wes got his own squadron, what Hobbie decided to do to hurt the Vong, and how Inryi was forced to join the Wraiths. More stories coming later...

Part 1

?I am ancient.? Hobbie mourned. ?I am too old to fly according to some baby politician and I do not have enough rank to tell others what to do like Wedge. I am no use in this war.?

?You are not useless.? Wes replied, looking around the café.

?Tell me one thing I can do to help defeat the Vong.?

?Kill off some of our politicians.? Wes suggested.

?How about something besides murder, tempting though it may be.? Hobbie said.

Wes took another swallow of his drink. ?Well, the New Republic will not let us fly but I bet any of the worlds under siege would give you a brand new X-wing if you flew with them.?

?All right. But how do we know what worlds are going to be hit next?? Hobbie asked.

?If you know the right people, you can get the right information.? Wes said, holding up a datacard.

?What is that??

?Intelligence?s best guess for the next targets.? Wes replied.

?How did you get that?? Hobbie asked incredulously.

?Drayson owed me a favor since I saved Wedge during the Adumar mess.? Wes answered.

?Try again.?

?Umm... Drayson begged me to help the war effort and gave this to me as an incentive.?

?One more try and then I tell Wedge that it wasn?t his daughters who left toy ewok figurines all over his office.? Hobbie said smiling.

?Okay, okay. I found out that Drayson had a daughter.? Wes said.

?And?? Hobbie prodded.

?And I told him I would convince her to date me if he did not give me that information.?

?That worked?? Hobbie asked with doubt.

?Well at first he said that she would never even glance at me so I asked him how many times she has done something just to annoy him. Then I mentioned that I always wanted a father-in-law I could spend a lot of time with.? Wes explained.

?You have probably given that man nightmares for the next month.?

?Do you want to see the data?? Wes asked.

?Sure.? Hobbie replied. Wes put the datacard into his reader. After scrolling through three pages of warning about keeping this information confidential or risk the rest of your life in prison, they saw a list of five planets. There was also detailed information on each of the planets and the reasons they were considered at high risk.

?What looks good to you?? Hobbie asked.

?Does your beautiful unmarried cousin still live on Tanaab??

?Yeah.?

?Does she still ask about me??

?Every time.?

?I am going to Tanaab.? Wes said with a final swallow of his drink.

?Hmm? Nubia has beautiful beaches.? Hobbie said thoughtfully.

?And they adore pilots.? Wes added.

?I am sold.? Hobbie decided.

?When are you going to leave??

?Just as soon as I can pack my belongings and find a transport headed to Nubia.? Hobbie replied. ?Seeing how the Vong are taking over everything, I do not want to leave any of my stuff here because the next thing you know, they will take over Coruscant.?

?No way.? Wes shook his head. ?There is no way the New Republic would let the Vong have Coruscant.?

The two ?old men? left some credits on the table and headed for their apartments.

3. InyriForge Force Ghost

star 5
    "There is no way the New Republic will allow the Vong to have Corellia." LOL!

Actually, LOL'd a lot through this.

I luv Wes. *grins* I'm glad to see him in ur story. I especially liked his "reasons" for obtaining the datacard, and Hobbie's blackmail to get the true story.

~Inyri
  4. pengwin_jibberish Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hehe, funny stuff.
    I like seeing the two "old men" together and I've often wondered what they're doing through the NJO.
  5. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    InyriForge and pengwin_jibberish

Thanks. I am glad you both liked the humor. And, glad you are reading this story also. I already know what I am going to do with Wes, although I am not sure what I am going to do with Hobbie. If you have any ideas let me know.
  6. InyriForge Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't kill Wes! *scared face* Don't kill Hobbie, either!

jk, I know you won't. :)

~Inyri
  7. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Do not worry. I like to stay with the books so no killing Wes. Besides, without him the amount of humor in the NR/GFFA/WIWBCN would decrease by at least a third.

Note: WIWBCN stands for Whatever It Will Be Called Next.
  8. CptCorranHorn Force Ghost

star 5
    Another good one on your hands Kettch. I cant wait to see what happens next
  9. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks CptCorranHorn. This story is going to tie in with Tahiri's Place and explain some of the things here. So, glad to see you reading both. :)
  10. forceaddict Jedi Master

star 4
    that was an interesting start, i like this story, and i like how it is going to tie in with tahiri's place
  11. Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, cool I've been hoping someone would do something with those 2 during the NJO era!
  12. JediJainaSoloDurron Jedi Master

star 2
    great start! i miss wes and hobbie in NJO! can't wait for more!
  13. General_Calrissian Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good job, I like it. Right now I am bored with NJO and Vong, this is a relief.
  14. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi_Knight_Hunter
    Thanks. If you have any ideas for what I could do with Hobbie, let me know. I now have a vague idea for his story, but could use more ideas.

JediJainaSoloDurron
    Thanks. The NJO needs more Wes/Hobbie.

General_Calrissian
    Thanks. I hope it continues to be a relief and amusing.
  15. SECRETSISTER Force Ghost

star 8
    Oh, Kettch! Continue! Please continue! I need a good dose of Wes and Hobbie in my life!
  16. InyriForge Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't we all....

~Inyri
  17. Sahiri Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is awesome!!

:D

I love Hobbie and Wes, and you write them great! Keep it coming!
  18. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    I love this! You captured Wes and Hobbie brilliantly!

Tell me one thing I can do to help defeat the Vong.?

?Kill off some of our politicians.? Wes suggested

[face_laugh] It's funny because it's true!

And the bit about Drayson's daughter was priceless!
  19. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    forceaddict
    Thanks. It will also explain why Inyri is with the Wraiths in Tahiri?s Place.

SECRETSISTER
    I hope to have more up by this weekend.

Sahiri
    Thanks. More soon hopefully.

Daughter_of_Yubyub
    Thanks. I read little portions of the last X-wing book (my personal favorite) before I write?it is a hard job but someone has to do it--to make sure I keep Hobbie and Wes true to their characters. And there is more (a lot later) about Drayson?s daughter.

20. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone

Sorry it is taking so long to get the next part up. I have been sick. Too much cold weather. Anyways, I will try to have the next part up by this weekend.

Also, do you think I should start with Hobbie's story or Wes'? I think I am further along on Hobbie's story (poor Hobbie with what is in store for him).

21. forceaddict Jedi Master

star 4
    they are both funny so it doesn't matter much to me, i hope u are feeling better Kettch
  22. InyriForge Force Ghost

star 5
    Feel better soon, Kettch!

I vote start with Hobbie. We know less about him, and I'm curious as to what you're going to do to the poor boy. :)

~Inyri
  23. Admiral_Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Kettch, This is very interesting story. Oh the possibilities. [face_laugh]

It?s your story??you can write it anyway that you want.

Write about the character that you feel more comfortable presenting.

You can write about one character completely or you can alternate posts.

Again, you are the author. ;)

~Lelila

24. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, here is the next portion, although it did not come out as well as I thought it would-- I am finding it hard to write Hobbie without Wes and Wes without Hobbie. I hope you still like it...

Part 2

NUBIA

Wes is in so much trouble when I see him next. Go to Nubia, he said. They adore pilots he said. Hobbie fingered his new insignia. Sure they love pilots? Nubian pilots. I have yet to find someone on this planet who thinks a retired New Republic pilot is worth the air he breaths. And I have not been a flight officer since I was twenty years old.

?Excuse me,? Hobbie said to a female captain in front of a beat up X-Wing, ?Are you Captain Bren??

The woman turned to Hobbie and threw up her hands. ?Oh no. Not another one. What do they think this is? A retirement home for washed out old folks??

?Umm?? Hobbie murmured.

?Let me guess.? The captain said sarcastically. ?You are some hot shot New Republic pilot who blew up the death star and now you are here to help Nubia?s poor pilots who could never fly as well as Republic pilots.?

?Actually, I just came for the beaches.? Hobbie replied.

?Oh, you will see the beaches all right. Every first and fifth day of the week we run ten miles on Black Rocks beaches. Where are your orders??

Hobbie handed her his papers and looked around the deck. All of the ships were beat up, not a single new ship in the squadron.

?Do I get a new X-wing?? Hobbie asked innocently.

?What?? Captain Bren exclaimed, looking up from the papers. ?You think that you deserve a brand new X-wing just because you flew with Rogue Squadron? Let me tell you something flight officer Klivan. We do not adore the Republic. We do not consider Republic pilots as heroes; especially not beat up ancient ones. If you want to stay in this squadron you are going to have to keep up with us. Understand??

?So, no new A-wing either?? Hobbie asked mournfully.

Captain Bren smiled, which was a scarier expression than when she was scolding. ?You get something extraordinary: an LL-wing.?

?What is an LL-wing?? Hobbie asked cautiously.

?It is faster than an A-wing.? The captain said.

?Oooh. Good so far.? Hobbie replied with a flicker of hope in his eyes.

?It is as maneuverable as a Tie fighter.? Bren continued.

?Very nice.?

?And has absolutely no shields. One hit and boom! No more hero Klivan.

?Oh no.? Hobbie mourned.

?One of our brilliant engineers thought that if he designed a ship that flew fast enough it would not need shields. LL stands for Lots of Luck, what you will need to fly it.? Captain Bren explained cheerfully.

Hobbie gazed at the ship the captain pointed to. It was the ugliest, most beat up ship he had ever seen. I am so doomed.

I?m old. Breathe in. I?m old. Breathe in. I?m old. Breathe in. ?How much longer?? Hobbie asked the man running beside him.

?We have probably done half a mile. Nine and a half more to do.? Dirke replied happily. ?Getting tired already??

?No. I?m fine.? Hobbie said between gasps for air. ?As soon as I am able to breath again I will be able to catch up to everyone else and run the rest of the way backwards? on one leg.?

?You are out of shape.? Nineteen year old Dirke said.

?I am a pilot, not a pirate.? Hobbie said dolefully. ?The only time I run is to beat Wes to the food line.?

?What if you get shot down on a hostile planet and the bad guys come after you?? Dirke asked.

?I?d probably be dead on impact in that death trap you call an LL-wing.?

?What if you survived??

?I would be amazed.? Hobbie replied.

?And what if the bad guys came after you?? Dirke seemed to be getting exasperated.

?Well, they would have speeders, so no matter how fast I could run, they would still catch me.?

?But?? Dirke replied, a slight tint of anger coloring his voice, ?what if... a city was close enough that if you could run fas
  25. pengwin_jibberish Jedi Knight

star 2
    That was so funny! I kept on thinking it couldn't get funnier but I was wrong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.