main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Rogues go Rogue: Latest Update: Wes' Sister Comes to Visit

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr
    Thanks. I am glad you thought it was that funny. :) BTW, I like the last line in your signature.

2. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]*Blushing* Thank you - I do too. [face_blush]

Wedge :>o<:
    Cross into the Blue[/color]

3. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Daughter_of_Yubyub
    Thanks. :) So far, who do you feel more sorry for: Wes or Hobby?

4. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    The question wasn't directed at me, but I feel more sorry for Hobbie. Wes is just getting what he deserves. ;)

~Inyri

5. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    This is very cool! :cool:

6. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    pengwin_jibberish
    Thanks. I too like can easily picture them ?flying? with their arms. :)

Jedi_Knight_Hunter
    Thanks. I am glad you thought it was that funny. :)

Admiral_Lelila
    Thanks.

CptCorranHorn
    Thanks. I thought of doing some excerpts with Wedge (like getting the ewok vase and getting the memo about Tahiri being Kettch?in Tahiri?s Place?)but I am not sure I could write Wedge well.

7. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    I know I am taking a long time between posts but so much is going on in DRW. Plus, I think I have too many stories going on. :)

If anyone needs a real humor shot, try my story Tahiri's Place, which has the Wraiths, Inyri, and Bhindi. :)
    (Just ignore Part 1-- I am going to change it)

8. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Kettch, if you would like some help writing Wedge, I would be happy to help you - I have been told that I write a wickedly wonderful Wedge. PM if you would like some help.

Wedge :>o<:
    Cross into the Blue[/color]

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I probably feel more sorry for Hobbie, since nothing ever seems to go right in his life. But I feel sorry for Wessykins too... especially since I've stuck him with that nickname! :p

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    It's okay, Kettch. Kudos to you for having so many fics. I'm writing one and it's rather time consuming. I can't imagine writing more than one at a time.

~Inyri

11. WindmereWellen

WindmereWellen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    I just started reading this and my goodness, is it ever funny! Wes and Hobbie are my two favorite Rogues (behind Wedge) and this story is true to the characters! I loved Hobbie's scene on Nubia! I had tears in my eyes, I was laughing so hard!

A new and happy reader!

WindmereWellen

12. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    *Attaches thread to X-wing*

~Inyri

13. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *uses magic to lift thread to top!*

14. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    InyriForge
    Yeah, I kind of feel more sorry for Hobbie too. But soon he is going to get to spend some time with an attractive female. :)

The_Hooded_One
    Thanks. Glad you like it. :)

Daughter_of_Yubyub
    I feel more sorry for Hobbie too, but soon I do give him a girl--kind of. :) Wessykins :) lol. I like it.

15. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    InyriForge
    Thanks. I have three main fics going now and two more in my head that keep trying to find a way out. I keep telling myself no more new ones until I finish at least one of my old ones, but I really like these two new ideas. :)

I think I finally found a new beginning for Tahiri's Place that I really like. I will put it up tomorrow or Friday. A foretaste: think Toga Face and Kell. :)

WindmereWellen
    Welcome, welcome. I am glad you joined us. :) I hope you keep reading, enjoying, and stay happy. :)

BTW, If you want some more humor, try Tahiri's Place (link on my sig). Just ignore the first part; I have to redo it. :)

Jedi_Knight_Hunter
    I should have another part up Friday. :)

16. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Everyone
    I am hoping to post up the next part by Friday. I have most of it done; it will include Wes and a politician, Hobbie and bacta, and... Hobbie and an attractive woman. :)

BTW, I started a planning thread in the Writers' Resource section. If you have any suggestions, drop by. :)

17. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    One last uppy before I go sleep.

18. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
  19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hobbie and bacta, I never would have put those two together. :p Ooo, is that romance in Hobbie's future? Hobbie needs a good girl to take care of him.

Thanks. I have three main fics going now and two more in my head that keep trying to find a way out. I keep telling myself no more new ones until I finish at least one of my old ones, but I really like these two new ideas.

I know what you're talking about. I actually started writing my next fic! Bad Inyri! It's been all I can do not to post it.

~Inyri

20. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Here it the next part. It is not as funny, but I needed to set up some background. I will try and have the next post up next week. :)

Part 4

?I have a theory,? Hobbie heard Fil say over the comm. as the squadron returned to the hangers. ?I think Darth Vader was just misunderstood.?

?What??

?You have got to be kidding.?

?No way.?

?What are you drinking in there, Fil??

?Just listen,? Fil continued, ?I bet you Vader was actually a good guy. He was just misunderstood on one little thing?probably having to do with some scantily clad female?and it led to all the problems with him.?

?Even the destruction of Alderaan?? Dirke questioned.

?He could have been trying to blow up an extra moon so that it could be mined and he accidentally missed.? Fil answered.

?He missed?? Hobbie asked doubtfully.

?You are so wrong, Fil,? another member of the squadron added.

?I always knew you were a Sith follower,? Groou declared. ?Be careful. This planet has a Slu Sith Squad that deals roughly with anyone who sympathizes with the Sith. The SSS is not a group to mess with.?

?You guys have all got the wrong idea of me. I just think that Vader was probably okay at one point in time. Come on, do you really think he was born with that helmet and uniform? Or that he killed off an entire group of beings as a teenager? I think he had to be a normal kid liking some little girl and playing with friends.?

?Hey, Fil,? Dirke asked, ?what about all the Jedi he personally killed??

?Maybe he was just trying to talk with them, ask them how their day was going when they misunderstood him and started attacking. It was pure self defense.?

?You are disturbed. Very disturbed.? Groou stated.

?So are the Vong misunderstood also?? Hobbie asked.

?My theory is that they sent a group to talk with us peacefully but we misunderstood them too.? Fil responded.

?Destroying planets is a sign of peace??

?Maybe in their galaxy they have so many planets that it is a sign of honor to blow up someone else?s extra ones.? Fil theorized.

?So what should we do?? Dirke asked laughing, ?Bring them flowers??

?Poisonous flowers might work,? someone murmured.

?I think we should at least try it,? Fil said, ignoring the last comment, ?but maybe take them some chocolate and other delicacies too.?

?I nominate Fil for the mission,? Dirke quickly said.

?I agree. I will even buy the flowers he can take.? Groou added.

?Enough nonsense,? Captain Brun said, entering the conversation. ?Land your ships and be back here early for tomorrow?s live practice exercises.?

Hobbie shook his head and waited for his turn to set down. As the newest team member he was the second-to-last to land. When it was finally his turn he switched from engine power to repulsorlift power and slowly guided his ship into the hanger. Turning off his engines he sighed. ?No bacta.?

?What?? Dirk asked over the commlink.

?I did not need any bacta so it was a good flight.? Hobbie replied, almost smiling. He released his crash webbing and pulled himself out of the cockpit. A member of the ground crew attached a ladder to the ship and quickly rushed off to the next ship. Hobbie was on the third ladder rung when something gave way and the whole ladder fell to the ground.

?You all right??

?I told you he was too old to fly. Takes a small fall and he passes out.?

?Should we call the medics??

Captain Brun stepped over Hobbie?s body. Slowly he regained consciousness. He opened his eyes and immediately tried to jump away, causing his head to hit the duracrete floor so hard he blacked out again.

When Hobbie came back to consciousness again his captain quickly grabbed his head and told him not to move. Sure that he was not going to pound his head against the floor for the third time, Captain Brun commanded him to slowly get up and go with her to the medics.

?No,? he groaned. ?I am fine.?

?Your head is still bleeding profusely.?

?But medics always try to fill me up with bacta like I am some sort

21. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    ?No?that wasn?t a group of kids. That was Wraith Squadron.?

And the depressed line by Hobbie! So great!

*falls on floor in fit of laughter*

~Inyri

22. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    I don't care what you say Kettch, that was still really funny!

23. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    No weapons? On a starfighter? What is that woman thinking?

I enjoyed the mandatory bacta swim for Hobbie, and really really wish that Wedge could see what was going on with Wes!

Loved it

~jkh

24. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    i agree that was great, and really funny, can't wait for more

25. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    ?I was going to say I could buy my own holovid studio and make a very much needed vid on The Life of Wes Janson. Maybe even a series. I could have one vid for each year of my life. The Life of Wes Janson, the series. I like it.?

Why would he do that? I'm already writing it as a fic! :p

?The last time I was in a roomful of kids trying to plan a mission a food fight erupted and it took me three days to get all the gruel out of my uniform.? Wes paused. ?No?that wasn?t a group of kids. That was Wraith Squadron.? Wes shrugged. ?Almost the same thing.?

It's funny because it's true! And Wes is the worst of the lot.

Poor Hobbie. He needs a girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.