main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Rogues go Rogue: Latest Update: Wes' Sister Comes to Visit

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *reads Kettch's story*

*dies laughing*

I love it!! This is a great story! Bravo! We need more pilot stories like this one!

~Rogue

2. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    InyriForge
    Thanks. I personally liked the depressed Hobbie line also. :)

pengwin_jibberish
    Thank you. Now I have to think up some more humor... :)

Phoenix_Reborn
    I think that I am going to have fun with Hobbie's woman character. There really are intelligent-yet-common-sense-deficient people out in the real world (I know a few). :)
    Thanks, and I will try and add Wedge in soon. :)

3. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    forceaddict
    Thanks. The next part is Wes meets bureaucracy. :)

Daughter_of_Yubyub
    Wes is definitely the worst. Do not worry... Hobbie will get a girl-- of course there is that saying: be careful what you wish for. :)

rogue11lovesjag
    Thank you, thank you. <Kettch takes a bow and then quickly runs off to write more.>

4. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Here is a small portion. The next one will include Wedge. BTW, any other Rogues you want in this story? Inyri will be jumping in later.

Part 5

Wes entered Director Pl?ra?s office and was amazed at his size. The Director was the largest human Wes had ever seen. Give him a hunched back and he could pass for a baby rancor, Wes thought to himself.

?Wedge Janson!? the director greeted. ?I am so glad to meet you.?

?Uh, that is Wes Janson, sir.?

?Yes, yes, yes. Wes Janson.? The director replied vigorously shaking hands with Wes. ?Come in and sit down. Would you like some caf??

??No, sir.?

?Well, what can I do to help Taanab?s newest ace pilot, the Creator of Rogue Squadron and Savior of ewoks?? Pl?ra asked.

?I met with Prey Squadron today?? Wes started.

?--Ah, yes, our best squadron,? the director interrupted.

?The best?? Wes asked incredulously.

?Of course. Taanab has only three squadrons. Prey Squadron is the best. Submission Squadron has been temporarily decommissioned. And Cafbeans Squadron is still in training.?

?Why was Submission Squadron decommissioned?? Wes asked, noticing that Director Pl?ra probably brushed his teeth as often as a rancor.

?During the diplomatic procession they flew over the speeches platform too fast and caused a director to get sick.?

After a moment of vainly waiting for Pl?ra to laugh at his own joke, Wes cleared his throat. ?Well, as I was saying, I met with Prey Squadron today and found some items that we need to better prepare the squadron.?

?Oh, they are quite prepared for the diplomatic procession.? Pl?ra said with a large smile.

?I meant prepared for defending the planet.? Wes clarified.

?Oh, the squadrons are not for the purpose of defending the planet. We are quite safe here.?

?Uh, sir, have you heard of the Vong??

?Yes, yes, yes. The Vong are disrupting some other planets but I am sure those places did something to warrant it. We are just a simple farming planet here. The Vong have already promised not to bother us.?

?I bet Tarkin also promised to not bother anyone.?

?Tarkin? The Director of Decoration?s dentist??

?Never mind.? Wes said, wondering how to get through to the director. No wonder the Vong have been able to conquer so many planets. They do not even have to push over more moons; they just promise peace.

?Well, now that that is done I must be getting back to my work.? Pl?ra said standing up.

?Sir, since I have not flown with the squadron before I would like permission to fly with them more than twice a month.? Wes said.

?Oh, that will not be necessary. I have heard you are quite the flyer, especially since you learned how to fly from Darth Vader himself. You will be fine without the extra practice. Yes, yes, yes. You will be fine.?

?I never flew with Vader, sir.?

?Was it the emperor then that taught you to fly??

?No.?

?Oh, well. My wife tells me that I always mix up my facts. I think she just doesn?t hear me right.? Pl?ra said with a wave of his large hand.

?So, may the squadron practice flying?? Wes persisted.

?Sure, your pilots can use the governments? speeders any time you want. Just make sure to sign all the proper paperwork.?

?Not speeders, sir. The ships.? Wes corrected.

?The letter-wings??

?The X-wings and Y-wings,? Wes inserted.

?Yes, yes, yes. I suppose so. As long as your pilots do not fly too close to the capitol building or cause any other problems, you can fly. Just make sure to see the Director of Paperwork for the forms to fill out.? Pl?ra acceded.

I feel like I have been in a fight. I am sure Wedge never had to deal with such exasperating politicians. Should I go for the next round?

?One more thing, sir,? Wes said, checking to see if a Hapan gun of command had somehow appeared in his pockets. ?The squadron needs a few simulators.?

?To simulate what?? Pl?ra asked.

?Fighting... I mean flying, sir.? Wes corrected himself. ?Trust me. It will make the pilots even more impressi

5. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Poor Wes, and it's only just the beginning-

It was funny! I rather liked the post, Wes doesn't seem OOC and I can't wait for the next part.

Requests?

Tycho, Gavin, Wedge *waves her anti-NJO flag*

anyone but Corran...

6. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *snorts*

And Wes finally has a proper appreciation for everything Wedge went through when they were both Rogues.

Great post!

~Rogue

7. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Sometimes, cruelty is deserved. It's so nice to see Wes have to walk a mile in Wedge's shoes. :)

~Inyri

Oh, and I would have requested Inyri, but since you have said you're putting her in, I really don't have a request anymore.

8. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, wes is funny, can't wait for more

9. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    Great as always Kettch.
    Hmmm...taking requests on Rogues eh? I'd have to disagree with Phoenix and say I would love to see some of Corran in this.

10. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Phoenix_Reborn
    Thanks. Sorry to have to ask, but what does OOC stand for? And, Wedge will be in the next part. :)

11. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    rogue11lovesjag

Thanks. :) More Wes appreciation coming up. His day two really causes him to appreciate Wedge more . :)

12. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    it means out-of-character :)

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Pheonix_Reborn, can I borrow that flag the next time they kill yet another character I love off in the NJO? Or could I base a banner off of it?

~Inyri

14. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
  15. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    ~ Kettch

LOL

This story is hilarious.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

~Lelila~

16. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Kettch, write more. now!

17. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    I just found your story...and it's great! I love your sense of humour!

Wes is such a wonderful character to write, and to read about. Of course, most of the Rogues are the same!

If you're still taking requests for old Rogues - what about Nrin? We haven't seen him since Isaard's Revenge.

18. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    InyriForge
    It is so much fun writing Wes, I may just have him walk a couple miles before the story ends. :)

forceaddict
    Thanks. Wedge and Wes will be next.

pengwin_jibberish
    Thanks. Okay, I will try and think of a way to satisfy both you and Phoenix...

Admiral_Lelila
    Thanks. I am glad you find it so funny.

19. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    [Force]You could always kill Corran.[/Force]

[face_whistling_innocently]

20. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Poor Wes, his misery is so funny. Savior of Ewoks, classic

Director of Paperwork

Honesty isn't always such a good thing. :p

And he does need that secretary...

21. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    mrslush
    Okay, I will have more tomorrow. Glad you like the story. :)

hawkbatcanuck
    Welcome! I am glad you like the story. I will see what I can do about Nrin... I have an idea but it will be quite a few posts untill I can add in.

22. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Phoenix Reborn
    :) LOL :)

Daughter_of_Yubyub
    He might just get one... :) What do you think she should be like?

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh dear, Wes and a secretary? That poor girl.

~Inyri

24. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    A special thanks to Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr who betad the portion with Wedge (he is really good at it). :)

Part 6

Wedge Antilles, General in the New Republic, sighed as he saw how many messages were on his computer. Two days of vacation and I come back to a library on my desk, he thought, well, it was worth it.

A smile began to play across his lips, remembering the two peaceful, relaxing days spent with his family. Iella had laughed when Wedge told her where he wanted to go for vacation, but she did not protest ? she was just glad he was finally willing to take a momentary break.

Wedge could still picture the Dorriea Town Resort they had stayed. Everywhere were Dorriea Town characters promising all sorts of adventures - it was a child?s paradise; for Wedge and Iella it was a wonderful vacation of watching their daughters laugh and outsmart the adults around them. Myri and Syal can out con a smuggler, Wedge thought with pride.

Bringing his attention back to his duties, Wedge looked at his pile of flimsy mail - that pile was smaller so Wedge decided to peruse it first. Halfway through the pile he came across an unmarked envelope. Inside were a datapad disk and a smaller envelope with a collection of grainy holos.

Inserting the disk, Wedge found a short message.

General Antilles,
    Do you know where your former Rogue pilots are?
    Drayson

Confused, Wedge glanced at the holos. The first showed Hobbie, half his face covered with a bacta patch, talking to a pretty woman. The second shot was of Hobbie as well, and it depicted him getting out of the ugliest ship Wedge had ever seen. The next two holos were of Wes, the first with his arms in front of him, his mouth wide open and six others in a line behind him imitating his pose. The second had Wes reaching out to strangle a Sullustan male who was faced in the other direction.

?Why me,? Wedge asked aloud, his voice taking on its old exasperated tone that always accompanied it when he discovered that Wes had been up to his usual assortment of tricks and pranks.

?Sir,? Wedge?s aide asked as she poked her head around the door and into his office.

?What did I do to deserve this?? He sounded older than his years and more tired than he had in a long time as spoke to himself again, half aloud.

?You beat the Empire and have saved the Republic numerous times, Sir. That is why the Admiral gave you this job,? the aid replied.

?Alli, what are the responsibilities of commanders toward retired pilots that are no longer under their command,? Wedge asked his aide.

She replied in a crisp military voice, ?When a pilot retires, whatever squadron he last flew with is considered his base squadron. The leader of that base squadron is required to insure that the retired pilot does not behave in a way or do anything that would dishonor the pride and integrity of his base squadron. Sir.?

Wedge rubbed his eyes wearily with both hands, ?Please tell me that Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian did not fly with the Rogues as their last squadron.?

Alli gave her boss a confused look. ?Sir, you know they last served with Rogue Squadron. You gave the speech at their retirement party and pinned the medals on them.?

Wedge vividly remembered wanting to pin Wes? medal somewhere else beside his uniform after he had left a last parting gesture by having an artist paint sixteen different portraits of "Fantastic Wes" all over Wedge?s X-wing.

?Maybe you should have a checkup done with the medics, Sir,? Alli continued. ?I have heard that as humans grow older they sometimes lose parts of their memory.?

?Trust me, Alli, I am fine. I remember--quite clearly--every incident that somehow, in any way, shape or form, involved Wes Janson.?

?Maybe I should make an appointment - - just in case,? Alli replied scampering out the door without waiting for a response.

The comm buzzed and Wedge answered the call dismissing Allie with a wave of his hand.

?What are you doing, Flyboy,? Iella asked.

?Wondering why I ha

25. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Is it possible that these pilots are more immature than the Wraiths? :p

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.