main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Rogues go Rogue: Latest Update: Wes' Sister Comes to Visit

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    LOL!!!

You did Wedge wonderfully!

*offers Wes some of her migraine med.*

I think he needs it more than I do.

2. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    Once again you've provided me with many amusing mental images.

3. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I remember--quite clearly--every incident that somehow, in any way, shape or form, involved Wes Janson

As do we! :p

?Because the greatest threat this galaxy has ever seen is here and they need you to help stop it,? Iella answered.

?You already heard about Wes and Hobbie, then,? Wedge murmured.

?What,? Iella asked. ?I was talking about the Vong.?

?Oh, the Vong don?t worry me,? Wedge said. ?They?re not half as unpredictable as Hobbie and Wes.?

?Wes is up to something,? Iella asked.

?I don?t know,? Wedge answered. ?I thought he was going to spend his retirement relaxing near a beach. He said it would take him a couple years to go through all the mail he?s accumulated over the past few years from adoring fans. ?

?I told him it would take an afternoon,? Iella stated.

?But now that Wes and Hobbie have gone missing, I just received a message from Drayson asking if I knew what they were up to,? Wedge said, again looking at the holos and wondering which planet they were on, ?And some holos.?

?Please tell me Wes was fully clothed in the pictures and that he was not on a bar stool,? Iella implored.

[face_laugh] Classic!

?Your first assignment today is to get Swroe down. Secondly you will find me some caf.?

That's Wes for ya. Poor guy, all his pilots play dress-up. They may actually be worse than the Wraiths. They might even be worse than Wes! [face_shocked] :p

4. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
  5. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
  6. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    stop uping it phoenix! when i see there's been a post i get excited thinking its an update, then i show up and it's just you saying "up". cut it out!

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    UP!

If no one ups, there aren't new readers! Read the subject line to see if we're just teasing you! :p

8. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Sorry, But UP's are a good way to let an author know there are still people interested in his/her works...

9. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Dang it! cant you just pm him. or atleast say something. "Great story Kettch, keep it coming" instead of just "up". Then atleast the rest of us have something to read.

10. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    There are a few other Wedge stories out here ya know (a pilots story, being one of them)

and then there is WAAS or anything by Wedge...

at least say something, eh?

alright- something...

¢Ü ¢¾ ¢Ü ¢¾ ¢Ü ¢¾ ¢Ü ☻ ☺ ☻¢Ü ¢¾ ¢Ü ¢¾ ¢Ü ¢¾ ¢Ü

Where did my pretty pictures go?

(not an up as the thread is on the first page)

-phoenix

11. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    InyriForge
    :) They are quite immature. Can you imagine all of them with all of the Wraiths?

Phoenix_Reborn
    Thanks. :) Pretty soon Wes gets to go back to being the one causing the migraines-- at least for a post or two.

pengwin_jibberish
    Glad I could amuse you. ;)

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    LMAO!!!! This is genius.

13. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Spike
    Thanks. Glad you like it. :)

14. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Daughter_of_Yubyub
    Thanks, I liked those parts also. Do not worry, Wes will get to show that he is more immature than his pilots. :)

Phoenix_Reborn
    Thanks for the Ups. I have lost a few people's attentions so I am hoping for new readers and the Ups help to push the story to the top. And, I am glad you like it so much.

mrslush
    To help you, I will always change the subject line so that you know when it is a new post. :)

Jedi_Knight_Hunter
    What picture?

Everyone,
    I will have a new post up either today or tomorrow morning!

15. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    All the random symbols where really cute music notes and hearts and clubs and spades...

~jkh/phoenix

16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Oh, my, the thread seems to have found it's way to the top of the page.

17. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Heehee! This is hilarious; I can't wait for more!

18. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Phoenix_Reborn
    :)

Daughter_of_yubyub
    I like it at the top. :) Of course, who doesn't?

neila_nuruodo
    Welcome, welcome, welcome. Glad you joined us. Especially glad you like the story. ;)

19. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    I hope you like this next part. It is not my best work but I am anxious to put up the next post with Wedge. :)

BTW, Hobbie's Squadron is called Black Sands Squadron.

Part 7

The next day Hobbie walked into the hanger with an expression that was exceptionally mournful, even for him. Either way I am doomed. Two days ago I was on time and was reprimanded for not putting forth much effort and enthusiasm. Yesterday I was early and Captain Bad-Mood had me scrape oil stains off of the floor. It reminds me of the saying that spread after the second death star?s destruction: Sticks and stones may break stormtrooper bones but Ewok parties will knock out the victorious Rebels.

?Hobbie!? Dirke called across the hanger, ?Look, we got a new ship.?

The doleful pilot glanced in the direction that Dirke was pointing but all he could see was a large lump of metal, nothing even vaguely resembling a ship. ?Where?? He asked.

?There,? Dirke once again pointed to the slightly conical structure. ?The Vong have ships like rocks so our engineers built a ship like a mountain to prove we are bigger and stronger.?

I cannot believe he can say those words ?our engineers? without shuddering, Hobbie thought. Out loud he asked, ?How does it compare with the other fighters??

?And they are really bozo because you enter the ship from the top of the cone,? Dirke said enthusiastically.

?Are they faster or more maneuverable than the X-wings?? Hobbie persisted.

?Well, no,? Dirke replied hesitantly.

?Better shields??

?Than an LL-wing,? Dirke responded.

?An umbrella is more protection than what the LL-wing has. What is their advantage over an X-wing or A-wing??

?They do take off faster.?

?Newer does not necessarily mean better,? Captain Bren entered the hanger. ?Our engineers are very creative but not very practical. However, we are required to try everything they create until the ship is destroyed or we decide we want them to produce more.?

She can say ?our engineers? without shuddering also. Maybe they do not know that they are supposed to be shuddering. Maybe I will do it for them. ?Ever think about shooting some of your engineers?? Hobbie asked, shuddering as he said the word ?engineers.?

?I will pretend I did not hear that,? Captain Bren replied. ?On another note, I am glad you showed some initiative in getting here early, however, it would be preferable if you did something worthwhile with your time instead of standing around talking.?

?I could not find any more oil stains,? Hobbie quickly responded.

Captain Bren looked around the hanger. ?I see plenty.?

?Oh,? Hobbie added. ?Well, I meant to say I could not find any stains that weren?t under a ship. Why clean those up when they will just reappear the next time we land??

?I pity all your prior commanding officers,? Bren sighed.

The rest of the squadron entered the hanger so Bren continued, ?Coora, you get the Mountain-ship. Everyone else, go to your regular ships. Today we are practicing a search and destroy mission. White Sands Squadron is hiding somewhere in nearby space and our job is to find and engage them.?

Coora--who was always the last person in the squadron to take off and land due to an incident that no one would tell Hobbie about--climbed into his new ship and began to familiarize himself with the controls.

The entire squadron, minus Coora, started their ships and took off to fly around the hanger.

?How does that thing take off?? someone asked over the comm..

?Just clear the area,? the captain commanded.

All of a sudden Coora?s ship shot out of the hanger.

?Whoa! That was quick.?

?The ship cannot take off by itself; it must be catapulted into the sky.?

Hobbie groaned. ?What is the life expectancy of a pilot in this squadron??

?Dirke, you take the lead. The rest of the squadron, follow him and keep your eyes and sensors alert,? The captain ignored Hobbie.

After two minutes of flying away from the planet, Fil spoke, ?I have a theory. I think tha

20. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    LOL!!!

LOL!!!

LOL!!!

LOL!!!

Some one forgot to tell Hobb's to knock on wood, and about Murphy's law...

Really good Ktj!!!

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Sticks and stones may break stormtrooper bones but Ewok parties will knock out the victorious Rebels

[face_laugh] I love it!

Poor Hobbie. He and moons really don't get along.

And knowing the names of half the med droids in the galaxy! Droidy! [face_laugh]

22. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    ROTFLOL!!!
    That was funny :D and the engineers.... [face_laugh]
    Poor Hobbie...

23. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    that was too funny, poor hobbie

24. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Phoenix_Reborn
    Thanks. :) I kind of feel bad for Hobbie, but he will get to see "his girl" soon, so maybe that makes up for all I am putting him through.

25. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Daughter_of_Yubyub
    Glad you liked it. I liked the droid names too. They were fun to make up.

neila_nuruodo
    Poor Hobbie Just wait until you see what I have in store for Wedge. Verrrrrry Poor Wedge. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.