old V tv series on last nite

Discussion in 'Long Island, NY' started by RnRJedi007, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    it was cool to watch old V tv series on last nite on Sci- Fi channel. Till The World Series. The Yanks are 1 win from winning it all. :D The new V series I believe starts on Tuesday on ABC. I'll give a shot, but was a remake necessary ?[face_thinking]
  2. Inno-Vader Jedi Knight

star 1
    V is great.
    You'll all be talking about it in 9 months!

You heard it here first!
  3. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    i really didnt care for the remake. i liked the classic series better. the remake is off til March last I heard.
  4. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I like the new V. But I anever saw the old V so I might be a good test subject to judge if it's good standing on it's own without the old series casting a shadow on it.

My only concern is that if the series becomes successful, they will run it into the ground and never bring it to a proper conclusion like the X-Files did. Which becomes a big waste of time. --Billy
  5. ark3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    If the show entertains you for nine years (The X-Files ran for nine seasons according to Wikipedia), but never ends properly, it still entertained you for those nine years. Yeah, it's disappointing not to get an ending, but that shouldn't reduce the value of the nine years you watched. As such, I'm happy to watch New V even if it ultimately dies. It's a good show for now.
  6. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree. I would never not watch because of what I said but that concern of how they end it is not a big deal to me - but it could make good shows even better
    X-files was well worth the great years.
    I shouldnt have said it "Wasted my time" that's not true.
    But a series about an alien invasion has to get on towards a conclusion because we pretty much know how its gonna go. --Billy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.