Oldest finds still on the peg??

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Aaronaman, Nov 11, 2013.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I just went to my local toy shop today and found a mint VC Cloud Car Pilot figure hanging on the wall...after bringing it up on the system the Owner said it'd been there for three years. I honestly couldn't believe my luck because it was in perfect shape and was only $10 to boot.

Has anyone else had a similar find with old figures???
    jedi_barry_jones likes this.
  2. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice find :D. My local Meijer actually still had one of him until a few months ago.

Back in '04 when the OTC/VOTC lines came out I was hitting every store that carried Star Wars figures trying to find them and I stopped by a drug store (Can't remember if it was CVS or Rite-Aid) and they had a couple of POTF 2 figures that would've been at least 6-7 years old at the time. And being a drug store they were naturally a bit higher than normal retail ($9.99ish, while the basic OTC figures were typically $5.99/6.99 at that time). Needless to say I passed.
    Last edited by Juke Skywalker, Nov 11, 2013
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Local Entertainer still has AOTC figures from the time the film came out. I think they were anticipating the 3D version as these hit the pegs right after TPM 3D. Still there. Mostly minor characters - none of the majors.
  4. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It's funny what some collectors class as must haves and others not....I cudn't wait to get the Bail and Breha figures from the Legacy Collection but they're still in the pegs here in most toyshops I go to now....even priced at $5, quarter of the price they came out as
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I wonder how many people regret buying Pregnant Padme from RoTS? :p
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  6. Barbecue17 Jedi Master

star 2
    My Wal-Mart still has the Phantom Menace 3D Mawhonic on the peg. For months, that was the only StarWars figure they had.
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Looks like the old AOTC ones are off the peg at the local Entertainer. I guess they're gearing up for Christmas.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Eh I missed both of those - I'd snatch those up in a heartbeat if I saw them for that price :(
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT