main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oldest noob account ever

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by son_of_skywalker03, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    As the topic line states, this (my) account has got to be the oldest "noob" account in the history of internet message boards. I created this account some time in December 03. Then pretty much immediately forgot about it before ever really using it. Then, the other night, I decided I wanted to create an account here (still not having remembered about this one), but since I still have the same primary e-mail as I did back then, the site wouldn't let me create one, as I already was registered here. Funny how things work out, isn't it? lol

PS. Has anyone else had trouble keeping their time-zone setting kept where you want it? Mine keeps going to some default setting, which is about 3 hours behind what it should be.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Welcome to the boards! And you're not the only one to have registered an account and forgotten about it, and I'm sure you're not the only one to eventually come back :p

Standard board time is Pacific (PST), though I'm not sure why you're having trouble keeping your settings - might be something to do with your computer. Unless you're switching computers (like at a library or something), because its a setting that is computer-specific.

I see you've already found the Literature board :) Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

3. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Now that you mention it, the browsing history on the computer I use (my home one) has been deleted a couple times over the last couple days. That could be the reason why. And yeah, it was the Lit board that got me to try and create an account the other day. You can imagine how surprised I was when it told me I can't, before I realized why. lol

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome (back) Son_of_skywalker03! :)

You're not the only one with that problem. When we got that feature I tried it a couple times, but whenever I restarted my computer everything was set back to standard. Not sure why this happens, because I don't have my computer set to delete cookies after shutting down.

I just got used to the standard board time and now it's hard to even thing the other way. It's weird. ;)

Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask any questions, ok? :)

5. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Will do. Looks like a good board to be a part of (again:p). But it looks like I missed out on all of the Traviss talk. lol

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Don't worry, you can re-read everything about it. ;)

7. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Oh trust me, I read most of the discussions as they happened.[face_laugh]

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Read but never replied? Wow! I bet I would have never been able to resist that.

9. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    I hadn't found out I still had an account, and really didn't want to be "some noob only here to bash Traviss". lol

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That would have depend on your posting style and how much respect you show to the work of others (no matter if you like it or not).

But it's cool that you decided to join (or better re-join) finally. :)

If you like, you're welcome to join our talks in the Welcome Newbie Party. :)

11. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    I'm sure I probably could've/would've been viewed as a little less...sympathetic towards Traviss. So it was probably for the best that I only spectated the discussions. lol

I figured I might as well join up (again) because there were some discussions that I had an opinion on, and really wanted to voice it. So, here I am.

Now, do you mean, the other threads on this particular board? As in, actually welcome other new users? Or am I missing your meaning entirely?

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome back! :)

The Welcome Newbie Party is the social thread in this forum, BTW.

13. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    I see it now. Thanks.

14. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    Hey! Welcome back! :)

Hope to see you 'round. :p

Y'know, I never figured out the whole thing about people not liking Karen Traviss (Mostly because I avoid profic quite a bit). What's up with that? Does someone care to please enlighten me? :confused: *clueless*

Thanks in advance if you do, some way or another. :p

Again, welcome back! Hope you enjoy yourself on the boards. [:D]

-M

15. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    My biggest problem with her was her poor characterizations of established characters. Making everyone in the galaxy (literaly) seem to love the Mandalorians, and view them as the absolute best at pretty much everything. Nobody could win an argument with a Mandalorian in her books. Even the really silly things, no one (especially Jedi) had any kind of retort. Jaina was called a "spoiled Jedi princess, that had never gotten her hands dirty" (or something to that effect) TO HER FACE. Her response? Nothing, as far as I remember. This after having served in the trenches of the Vong War pretty much from the start and being the "Sword of the Jedi". Yeah, that kinda perturbed me a bit.

*forces himself to stop before he really gets going*

There are some threads around that discuss all of it at length.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome, I'm sure we'll run into each other somewhere at some point. :-B

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Her work can be discussed in length for sure, but there are better places than this one (although I enjoyed to read your opinion). :)

Have you found the Welcome Newbie Party? :)

17. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    It's why I stopped myself when I did. lol

That I have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.