main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Omaha Fan Film

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK750, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Okay everybody, this post is for those who have expressed interest in a Star Wars fan film. The ones known to us have been sent two drafts today. The second is the most complete. Please post revisions and ideas here. This will help keep everything in one place as well as open up the floor to other parties who may be interested in joining in. Thank you all for your input. Let's make this one OUR story. =)

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    I like it! There is no such thing as too dark! HEHE. My only question is this...Why does the Master do himself in at the end? Since he's already been seriously injured in the crash, perhaps killing the Sith Lord could be his final act and he dies from his wounds after his line. Just an idea, either way, I like it.

3. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, what sells it is his look, but I've been thinking of having a series of voice overs that kind of stress the importance of the Padawans, and showing that this, mixed with his failure to protect them leads him to kill himself. I was also thinking of leaving it open to speculation, but I liken it to the one man who could have survived Custer's blunder, but shot himself instead. Today, nobody knows why he did it, but it spurs endless debates. Another title I thought of is: Star Wars: The Price of War

4. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    That would work....I agree if you actually show him do it, you would have to get across the depth of his sense of failure...But I like it either way. We would make it work, hehe.

5. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003

I believe that I expressed interest in helping with this too. I'd like to take a look at the two scripts, so send 'em my way. You have my E-mail address and TFN handle for PMs already available. I'll be glad to read them and post any ideas and/or critiques I have for them to this thread, k?

From the previous posts, it sounds like a very bloody, yet intricate and somewhat mystical plot. I'd be more than happy to contribute some ideas and content toward refining the script and such. I like the title (STAR WARS: The Price of War) without even having seen the content yet.

If it matters, I am ordering my Sith robes and should have them shortly, if we need someone to play a Sith role in the film.

And Mark, if I want to know what's "going on," I'll watch CNN! Bwahahaha! ;)

6. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Just an update for what I left out of the script. When the first Padawan hits the ground the impact breaks the choke and blood just sprays from his/her mouth. Like the oxygen that was trapped is finally released and forces a bloody mess out with it. I told you that this is a very dark gruesome film idea. Also, when the second Padawan gets run through I wanted to put in that a glove appears around the Padawans throat pulling him/her back onto the blade and then disappears once the blade is extinguished and the Padawan falls to the ground.

7. wundermutt

wundermutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2003
    hay chris, don't have your emial, and i need you to send me the copy of the film. thanks

8. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ill get you one sent 'mutt

9. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

No problem. Haven't been on the boards for several days, and just logged on now. I will send you both copies, but if you already have them from Mark, feel free to delete them.

I've read the script, and this sounds like an EXCELLENT film and concept. It's dark, bloody, and most importantly, MYSTERIOUS. I got mind****ed twice just reading the script, and I thought I was ready for anything!

I love it--it reminds me of the movie The Usual Suspects . . . something that just grabs you and you have to watch it over and over and over before you really get it, and when you do, it's still so good you want to watch it again!

Personally, I don't see the film being longer than 10 minutes--really, about 5-7 is what springs to mind. There's a lot of content that can be jammed into those 5-7 minutes, though.

10. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Okay, it just came to me how to make Mark happy. =P When the Sith Lord dies we do the blue energy discharge. Not as big as Palpatine's, mind you, but big enough to fill the surrounding area. This sudden release of dark power helps build on the Masters depressed mindset and pushes him over the edge. What do you think?

11. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Or how about this little twist....use your blue energy burst, but do a quick dialogue spin. Have the Jedi say 3 for 1 as he kills the Sith. Then have the Sith say the no 4 line as he dies...the engergy bursts forth and the discharge kills the Master as well.

What ya think?

And just as an update to the others. Some preliminary casting has been done. We still need to approach a few. A basic costuming department has been established. We have someone working on some designs for the only set we will require. We are forging ahead here.

12. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Also, if anyone knows of someone who can do pretty good computer animation and/or graphics we could use their expertise as well. To reply to your post, PaperClip, I think it takes something away if he is able to retaliate. The whole theme is that no one gets an opportunity to defend themselves. Also, I haven't heard of the blue energy discharge actually killing anyone before. My understanding is that it's just a release of the dark side energy contained in the individual which leaves an aura that can enhance the darkside feelings and powers of those within its sphere of influence. I don't know. We'll have to discuss it. I'm assuming we're meeting at your place tonight. Let me know.

13. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

I think that the blue energy discharge resulting from the death of the Sith Lord should just amplify Rhi-Lan's depression and push him toward killing himself. The basic theme (that no one can defend themselves) is a good idea, in and of itself, and it should be retained.

I don't like the concept of the Sith Lord's comment pushing the Jedi Master into doing something that he was already going to do. It makes it seem somewhat manipulated, rather than a free-flowing, voluntary choice.

The ambience of the Dark Side energy flowing throughout the area (the result of the Sith Lord's death) will simply tilt the scales toward the Jedi Master's suicide by unbalancing the Force, which forces the Master into a brief dark depression, and almost immediately into a complete and utter disregard for his own life. Result: a completely unexpected plot device--a Jedi Master committing suicide!

The sheer novelty of this idea can best be reinforced by the utter volition of the Master's act, and it shouldn't appear that the Sith Lord had anything to do with it (aside from the cold-blooded killing of the three Padawans earlier in the film).

This decision thus leaves the core content of the movie intact, and will leave the audience wondering about the characters' motivations, which will elevate the movie to cult status and have our admirers wanting more. It's better to remain mysterious and devious with the audience wondering about your intentions than imposing something that could be construed as cliche and/or obvious. That's just my take on it.

I'll be glad to help out in any way, as assistant props master, set builder, caterer, or whatever. Just let me know, k?

14. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    I feel the need to clarify some things. I'm beginning to think I'm going to need a book to go along with this to explain a few things. Chris pretty much nailed it. My understanding of the release of dark energy is that it amplifies the dark side. Reading the dark side sourcebook it says that it hinders lightside users, nullifies non-force users ability to use the force, and enhances the dark side for everyone. I don't think that the release of dark energy could kill, otherwise why would anyone try to kill a dark lord? It would be more dangerous to win. If you were a Jedi Master and just had three of your charges slaughtered, wouldn't you feel a little depressed and sorrowful? Now have that feeling amplified by dark energy. I think that's a good enough explanation to have him do it. Also, during this stagnant period before filming I am working on another film. This one is a spoof based on Craig's idea of "Force Static". I am only going to release the name for now to make you all salivate. Star Wars: Dark Kids of the Sith. Sorry for the Chris length post. Enjoy. Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

15. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Can someone send me a copy of the script por favor?

16. TK750

Oct 22, 2001
    Why does the caterer need a copy of the script?

17. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Har. Funny. Cut the wise guy crap for one milisecond and send me a copy of the script, please.

18. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

I want a copy of the script because I'm going to eat it. I need the fiber. Then another one, to wipe with. ;) Man am I funny.

Hey, as long as I'm involved with the filmmaking in some way, I'll be happy. Remember, it's the caterers, props masters, set builders, and key grips that REALLY deserve a lot of the credit for the film, and I'll just be happy to help out.

After all, when we finish this one, I'll be writing some scripts to turn into films, and I will be the one determining who gets to play what. So enjoy the power trip for now, George. ;)

P.S. Hope you feel better, Mark. Has that strange rash gone away yet? ;)

19. wundermutt

wundermutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2003
    why am i thinking that it's probably best not to say you're going to wipe with the script that you're volunteering to help make...

20. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ok two things....First, Im sure George is in NO way worried about your competition. Second, obviously the rash hasn't gone away yet, you're still posting. ;)

21. HuskerJedi3409

HuskerJedi3409 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    If you are still looking for help on this project, I'd like to help out. I just joined the O.F.F. and have been interested in fan films. I'm in Grand Island, but get to Omaha pretty regularly. Just let me know what help you need. Thanks

22. Darth_Tharon

Aug 5, 2003

HuskerJedi, glad to have you aboard with the group. Maybe we will be able to see you at one of the upcoming meetings if you're able to make it into town. That would be cool.

And for now, it doesn't seem as if this fan film is going anywhere--at least, not to me. For the time being only, I hope. There have been lots of volunteers, but very little work that I've seen so far. I hope that's because everyone is busy with work, or it's getting colder and darker outside, or maybe it's just getting close to the holidays and people are getting depressed. I don't have any real idea what's going on, but I've decided to not be real worried about it. I'm sure that when we are needed, we will be asked, and things will start going forward again.

"Never take a solemn oath. People think you mean it." -- Norman Douglas

"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." -- Madonna

"One person with belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests." -- John Stuart Mill

23. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Thats right, to a point. There are things being done, on the level's that need be. As the volunteers are needed, they will be approached.

24. HuskerJedi3409

HuskerJedi3409 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    I'm looking forward to it. Just let me know. I'm also looking forward to meeting the group. There just isn't much interest in Grand Island (yet) to get our own group going, but we are trying. Thanks

25. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Not a problem. Feel free to drop by any of our shindigs. We usually meet the first Sunday of every month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.