main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Omaha Fan Film

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK750, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers about the progress of the fan film. Just trying to point out that maybe there were other reasons behind the "apparent lack of progress" (quoting Vader there--hee hee!), or the fact that maybe progress was being made that we aren't seeing. I'm certain everything's going cool; it's just that not being a part of it when you've already volunteered kinda sucks. That's all. HuskerJedi and I probably just wish we could have a more active role. I mean, there's lots of people that have a lot of skills that could help; we just need to be permitted to jump in and do so. Looking forward to helping anyway we can. Thanks.

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    No, no. No feathers ruffled. Just stating. The status is this: John is polishing up the script....the actors have been offered their parts and know who they are....the costume godesses have been put on notice...some initial sound FX work has been done....a camera has been acquired.

Soon we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi...

3. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003

Cool to know that John's "polishing up the script". I assume any major changes will be posted on this thread...? I know it's his script, but if there are any more than cosmetic changes, I personally would like to see what's been done. Just IMHO, of course.

BTW, who's playing which parts? I know Rog has accepted the role of Jedi Master Rhi-Lan (unless that's been changed since our last club meeting?), but I never caught who would be playing the Padawans (maybe Darla and a couple of others?) and who was going to be the Sith Master (absolutely no clue on this one). And who are the "costume goddesses," anyone I know, or are we contracting outside the OFF? (Or both?)

If the initial sound FX work that has been done was the opening clip Mark played for me, where the Sith ship shoots down the Jedi shuttle, yeah, I've heard it--and it was COOL. Props to whoever did it (I'm assuming Mark for lack of other guesses?)!

>> "....a camera has been acquired."

Scrumdiddlyumptious! What kind of camera? Did we score that one for like $5,000 that you showed me at the last meeting, or what are we using? Is it a good-quality cam, or are we settling? I think that the higher-quality we can do this, the better; it will bump everyone's confidence for doing a second film if lots of people are impressed by our effort and equipment used on this one.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything or any help. I'll be glad to come over (in between applying for jobs). =)

I'm working on my own script, and as we work toward completion of "The Price of War" (?), I will work on that. I'm thinking Mark and John would play great nobles, while Darla could make a great queen or something. However, I want to stay away from following Lucas-like paradigms and try to be somewhat original...

4. aaragorn

aaragorn Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Hey guys. I'm also from the Omaha area and interested in fan films. My friend and I have been doing some practice fight choreography and both have made prop light sabers. Is there any possibility I could see a copy of the script?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.