main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Omaha Fan Force Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Apr 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    The Omaha Fan Force will be holding a meeting Monday April 30th, at 6 pm at the Mystery Book Store 1422 S 13th St. This is going to be an organizational meeting and to prepare for our showing at Alpha Con. All interested are invited to attend.

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Hi Omaha!

I'm posting what needs to happen to have a CR designated for Omaha. You might want to talk about this at your gathering (which you might want to submit the details to me so I can post in on the FF page...hint hint). If you have any questions, email or ICQ me, or post them here.

Erica
    Midwest RSA

The FanForce FAQ states the following about FanForce Clubs and their City
    Representatives:

===========
    The following is a list of pre-requisites in order for your city group to be recognized as an official TFN FanForce:
    1) Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!

2) Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the internet alone!

3) [IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.*

4) Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general
    ===========

As you can plainly see, before anyone individual takes on the task of being a City Representative, there are 3 items which must be completed, in order, on the outset. Most importantly being that you must first have a physical FanForce Club established in your city, not an online club. Before there is a City Rep, there must be a FanForce Club, and before there is a club, there must be three successfully planned and executed events or get-togethers of some sort where individuals meet at pre-designated locations ? OFFLINE and in the REAL WORLD. You must follow these guidelines BEFORE someone is established as a City Rep. It is also important to note that a City Rep is "not a forum moderator, but a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting an entire community of city-wide fans." And more importantly a potential City Rep must have these qualities noticed by others, not just by saying he or she fits the mold based on their own personal opinion of themselves. This is why there are three planned events recommended. If you, as a potential City Rep, can meet this qualification by organizing and holding these events or working with a team of individuals to make something happen, then surely you will inspire confidence in others who will take notice of your own leadership capabilities and would be willing to bestow
    the honor and responsibility of you representing their city to the world of Star Wars fandom.

3. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Coolies!

I'll try to make it. Maybe emailing or giving PM's to the Omahans here might give it more publicity *shrugs*

I'll be definitely going to AlphaCon so it would be great to have a bunch of us meet up before then

4. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    You took coolies from me jade, And I took it from man with many whores! hehe.

//vanishes.

5. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Not uh! I stole it from my sister ;)

I say paperclipx for CR! ;)
    See you guys at alphacon and the next meeting! (promise my car won't die this time)

6. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Bah, Jade read your bloody mail!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.