main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Omg, G'Day everyone! *Waves*

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Master_Cazz, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Omg, I cannot believe I've never posted in here!:oops: Hey fellow Aussies!

I've never been here before and how long have I been posting at tf.net... Ooh, ouch, five years.[face_blush] My bad.

Well, hey everyone! While all the guys in the northern hemisphere are out enjoying their summer, here we are, suffering in the cold.[face_frustrated]

Sorry I've never stopped by here before, hope to see you all around soon!;)

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Hello! :)

Welcome to this lil corner of tf.n. It is nice to see a new face around here. (Can I say new?)

Things have been a bit quiet around here lately, I guess it is the weather or something. Not really sure why to be honest. Hibernation maybe? :p

3. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Hi. Welcome.

Been eons since I've been here myself, but good to see someone drop in all the same.

You a Sydneysider?

4. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Well I've been registered here on tf.net since '05[face_blush] But I only took the time out yesterday to have a real thorough look round, lol.

And nah, I'm in the upper blue mountains, currently freezing my @$$ off.:D If it doesn't snow this year, I'm going to feel terribly ripped off.[face_frustrated] Like when it didn't snow a couple of years back and I blamed John Howard for months.:p

What about you guys? Where you hibernating?

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Howdy!

Someone from FanFic. Awesome! Hey Sai, reckon we could convince her to try her hand at role-playing? :p

6. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Ha ha ha, lol. I've tried my hand at RPG in the past with friends. I might have use on one day.;)

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That sounds like a great idea Tyi! It'll be fun.

You know, I still haven't experienced snow yet. I went to Europe Nov -Dec last year... sure it was ridiculously cold but it didn't snow till after we left. We got frost but that wasn't the same.

I'm a Sydneysider. Not far from the beach. I can't hiberate I'm afraid. I've too much energy to that.

8. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Am in the Shire myself. Been warmer here. Not warm enough though - bring on summer.

Go the RPF!

Don't feel bad, I've been around off and on for years and still have trouble figuring out what everything is.

9. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Sai, I didn't know you're in the Shire. Wait, we're talking about THE Shire, right?

J_M_C, I thought you were a new username for an oldbie. There's another Jedi Master from these parts with the same name. :)

10. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Really? Wow, I know I've seen a Jedi Master someone on tf.net before, but I didn't know there was another Cazz, lol. My nickname is Cazz so I just chose that. It was a little while afterwards that I discovered what my Elvish name is (yes, I'm a ringer) Lindethiel. I would have used that but I'd already registered.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to having the house all open and letting in a breeze too. I usually don't mind winter, but when it doesn't snow its just boring.

Omg, THE Shire, lol. You live in Middle Earth, cool.:p

Looking forward to the weekend!

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I live in Sydney, roughly somewhere north-west but not too west and not too north ...

When was the last time you had snow, Cazz?

Yep. And did you hear the old man is married now, too? ;) :p

12. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Umm I think it was two or three years ago now. We had a really good fall one year, and then the year after we had nothing, and then last year we had a crappy one which was really just lots of sleet that happened to settle.

When I was a kid, we used to get at least 5 decent falls a year, so yeah, Global Warming is apparent, even to the average Gen Y-er. (18):p

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Umm... Global Warming is just a theory. Nothing is proven. There are quite a few debates about it. The one Michael Crichton was in a few years ago is a really good read (available from his website), the same with his book: State of Fear.

Okay, enough of the serious topic for the moment :p . I should go back there again some time. Beautiful landscapes.

Is your Elven name based on a Quenya/Sindarin translation of your own name or there was something more to receive one?

14. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    I believe its Sindarin, a Sindarin translation of the meaning of my name, with the female Elvish suffix. I'm not 100% sure, lol, I just looked it up on Arwen-Undomiel.com:p Seems nice enough.

15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    True that, Dan, it's been ages since I've been to the blue mountains. I usually go hiking with a friend and his dad every so often, but it's been awhile . . .

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Can't believe it is August now. Geez, where is the time going?

I've looked up the translation of my name and got interesting results:
    my name in Quenya is: Erunámiryen
    in Sindarin: Eruvadhron
    in Rohirric it is: Godgedémed.

Which one sounds nicer?

17. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    I'd have to say "Godgedémed"

And it's good to see you here Cazz

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Awesome, a name from the Horse-people of Rohan. Need a horse to go with it, something like Epona

19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Is it Winter down there then?

I asked Rilwen Shadowflame, yesterday, if she were on Summer holidays, and she said 'no', but did not elaborate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.