OMG Gregory proposes a NORMAL SIZE MEETING

Discussion in 'Charlotte, NC' started by EagleIFilms, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If you're interesting in reactivating the Charlotte Separatists Fan Force (and who isn't?), PM me with your e-mail address, and post in this thread that you have done so.

What I want to do is set up an e-mail group so we can more easily plan meetings.

Thing to think about and answer for your post: what sort of meetingplace is the best? Riding and my's apartment would fit probably another five people, and we could play SW Monopoly or Trivial Pursuit, and watch the movies, and in general have a good time. Or, we could go out to a resteraunt of some sort and take over a big table and have a good time. Or...if you have any other suggestions, throw them out there.

But, important: PM me with your e-mail address. I very much do not want to post the meetingplace and time information onto this board, and I need another way of getting in touch with you all.

Cheers!
  2. Sith_Wench Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Gregory, are you planning on doing a Yahoo type group or something else?

~Jada
  3. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    Not with the problematic user(s) we've had. They'd still find access somehow.

We may consider it in the future but as for now it's just going to be an e:mail thing (we can use reply to all!).

:)
  4. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, not with the problematic users we've had. They would still find access somehow.

I may consider it in the future, but as for now it's just going to be an e-mail thing (we can use reply to all).
  5. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_love]

:p
  6. Sith_Wench Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    While I completely understand that I am wondering how the fan force is supposed to grow if it is basically by invitation only. My understanding is that meetings are supposed to be announced, etc.

As for the problematic user, I personally have no problem taking out an Order Prohibiting Harassment on that person if they persistent in harassment.

If an Order of Harassment is violated, they will be looking at having to speak to a Judge and explain themselves. If they continue, they will enjoy a nice, cozy jailcell with a roommate named "Bubba" ;)

No person or group of person should have to live with harassment especially when a group like this is meant to be fun.

7. starrenite Jedi Knight

star 1
    Even if we /didn't/ have a problematic user, I wouldn't feel comfortable meeting up with you guys if everyone on the internet could have access to the location we would be at. To reach out or not, I personally still do not feel very safe. But that's just where I stand on the issue.

PMing you now, Gregory. Be warned that I rarely ever check my email. So maybe James could send me an IM, instead?[face_praying]
  8. Sith_Wench Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I totally respect that.

I just wanted to put it out there that problem users should beware because I will NOT tolerate harassment.

Gregory, I won't be in town until June so let TK-2970 know about anything for now.

Once I'm there, I'd love to meet you all.

9. TuskenFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, Greg... I pm'ed you my e-mail address... :D
  10. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6

I think that given some time we could announce things again.
    If FanForce needs proof of us meeting, nearly all of us have digital cameras and Gregory's got a video camera. I know that they're probably saying 'omg they're not active!!12!'. We've lost quite a few members over the year(s) due to problematic users here and personally, I don't feel that having our meetings announced is worth losing someone else.. at least for a while. Given time, I think all would be well. Especially after a meeting or two. Besides, anyone would be stupid to try and harass anyone with Luis or myself around. We're big guys. :p

;)
  11. TuskenFan Jedi Master

star 4
    YEAH!!!! Grrrrrrrr... :mad:
  12. Sith_Wench Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Plus if I bring the dog to a meeting she is very protective . . . plus she likes to whip people with her tail. :p
  13. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    As MC Chris says, "don't **** with a geek"

14. Sith_Wench Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK, I "dummied" this up. What do you all think?

[I realize that I need to perhaps "blur" the Death Star a bit more . . . but it is quick, easy and something that can be easily slapped on a t-shirt]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/cffshirt.jpg]
  15. Darth-Khaos Jedi Padawan

I'd be up for it. My schedule is INSANE, but I would be interested. Any crazies that intrude, well..........in the words of Lord Vader "Don't make me destroy you!"[face_skull]
  16. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6

Not bad, Hope. :)

I'd buy a shirt, but probably wouldn't wear it unless it was a black shirt. I don't do white shirts.

17. Sith_Wench Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Luis says the Death Star is too big. I told him it is supposed to be big . . . IT'S THE DEATH STAR!!! :p

Anyways, I'm all about the black shirt also. ;)
  18. starrenite Jedi Knight

star 1
    Love it love it love it! Great idea for a tshirt. <3
  19. starrenite Jedi Knight

star 1
    it'd be pretty cool if "Charlotte Separatist" was on the shirt somewhere as well. :)
  20. TuskenFan Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be pretty good. Also, I think Jada was going to have some tie fighters flying by as well... :D
  21. starrenite Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nice!! I'm getting so excited over a tshirt:D
  22. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    So am I! Then again, I really need new t-shirts! [face_laugh]

Just so it is out there, I've started looking into security of the meetings. I'm also going to be talking to the Tucson Fan Force's Keeper of the Peace [aka our cop] about the best way to go about hiring an offduty officer.

I saw a link with information and read it. I just want to confirm with him what I read . . . ;)

/>
  23. TuskenFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I also think that a color version of this would be great for our banner, what do you guys think?
  24. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    Somebody thinks I'm more talented than I am. :p
  25. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    After about half a month, I've gotten two e-mail addresses. So long as you both can show up (sure James can IM you, Starre), then I think a meeting is in order.

Let me get together with James (/walks into other room), and we'll discuss meeting ideas/schedules.

Everybody else, be sure and IM me your e-mail addies!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.