main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ OMG. Shortland Street!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jp-30, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    So, for those who will admit to following it, I heard a 'mystery shock surprise return' is in order from an old character on the 3000th episode.

My bet's on Lionel, though to keep it somewhat SW related, it could be Dr Ropata.

Any theories?

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I don't watch any TV anymore let alone that, but yea, ol' Skeggen's would be my bet probably. All sun tanned and with facial hair. :p and a few cuts from falling off the cliffs at Piha or was it Bethells?

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It was murawai.

:p

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Hello. My name is Lawrence and I am a Shortland Street addict.

I actually really enjoy my nightly dose of Shorty. I think the production values are actually pretty good, and the characters and great.

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    LOL. And who's your pick for 'mystery returning character'?

6. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I don't know. To be honest, I've only been watching it regularly for two and a half years, since Vanessa and I got married. She got me hooked. So I'm not entirely sure about what went on beforehand in the series. (I did watch it on and off before then.)

I'm never sure whether characters will come back or not. Will Jessie and Nelson return and live happily ever after? Will Marshall return from theological college? 'Cause I assumed he'd just disappeared for a while to record the next Rubicon album, like when he went to "prison" for three months a few years ago.

So, I have no idea who might return. Presumably someone who will actually have some link up with the characters who are there at the moment. Which means it'll probably be someone linked to either Wave or Chris. Maybe Chris' brother?

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah. It could by Guy Warner.

Or Marge.

8. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Heh, Tem Morrison would have to be a really good sport to come back and cameo on Shortland St.

9. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    So who was it? Oscar?

I stopped watching SS when Simpsons on 3 started.

10. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    Dom.

The most evil of all Shortland Street villians.

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Hardly a returning character. Well, technically he is I guess, but he's only been gone about 4 months.

Meh.

And both Oscar & Mackenzie were as evil as Dom.

12. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    yeah, Do been gone since the end of last year, although it _was_ a nice twist. I just want Chris and Dom to come to blows. I like Chris, because he likes Straitjacket Fits, The Chills and The Clean, and because he sung "Down In Splendour" at a Karaoke session.

McKenzie had her endearing traits, despite blowing up the clinic and killing someone. And Oscar was before my time so I can't really comment.

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    2 threads short of being locked.

I don't watch, but just saw an ad.

So Dom is 'dead' and a huge shock return on the 1 hour special (no ads) on x-mas day.

Who is the mystery person, can't be Dom again cause Chris is happy to see this person and greets *him*/her with a hand to shake (hence the *him*).

14. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    Dunno, Joe Hudson, Tama's dad? (It's been mentioned that he's back in the country, having been serving with the SAS in the Middle East). Or maybe Guy Warner, Chris' brother? Or Victor, back out of prison?

15. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Dunno, Joe Hudson, Tama's dad? (It's been mentioned that he's back in the country, having been serving with the SAS in the Middle East). Or maybe Guy Warner, Chris' brother? Or Victor, back out of prison?

I've a friend who's in the TV industry who knows and though she is sworn to secrecy, I made the suggestion it might be either Joe or Victor, and the indication I got was more feasible to be one of these two, but I don't know...

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Now that Dom confessed to the murders, surely it's Victor. Would Chris care if Tama's dad was back?

Could be Guy though.

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Seems logical.

18. es27340

es27340 Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    I think this is completely off topic but im curious.
    I heard that its a tradition in New Zealand to have Christmas dinner at a picnic in the beach. Is that true? Just wondering...

19. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I would say a backyard Christmas bbq would be more common than a picnic on the beach, but I've never seen stats on things like that. I've never done either, personally, we always eat inside.

The beaches around Auckland are usually crowded on Christmas afternoon ... I think a lot of people have Christmas dinner at home then go to the beach to sunbathe it off.

20. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I wonder how people in America hear about these so-called "New Zealand traditions".

21. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I know it's hard for americans to understand but for most us down here in the southern hemisphere (if you know what that is) Christmas is in the summer. :eek: :confused:

22. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    It may be summer, but in Christchurch it's rarely warm enough to visit the beach on xmas day. One year I remember a there was a huge frost!

23. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    That is true, but shouldn't you be in bed?

24. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    It's only 11pm. O:)

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    in New Zealand to have Christmas dinner at a picnic in the beach

I can honestly say, no one is the world has EVER had a Christmas dinner at a picnic in a beach. On a beach, at a beach, but never the effort to carve out a cavernous under-sand area for a family for which to eat pork, lamb, turkey and way too many vegetables.

People quite often have a christmas dinner at a relatives house and then make an excursion to a beach for a relaxed afternoon, or boxing day.

edit = this has to be more off topic than general for NZ. Dude, use the lounge thread. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.