main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC OMG!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthDrew, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Just signed onto this area for the first time and I'm amazed... Birthdays listed, a senate (don't you get enough in this area????), such organization! This is fantastic!

I live in Alexandria VA. Parkfairfax, if anyone knows where that is. I'm trying to find out about two things.
    1. My wife is interested in gatherings or cons in the area.
    2. I'd be interested in participating in waiting in line (only at the Uptown) for tickets for Ep III. I know it's a long way off, but plan ahead, right?

Wow, again! TTYL!

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Welcome, DarthDrew! :)

3. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    We would be more than happy to have another sith lord at the meetings DarthDrew :) BTW, do you play the card game? (yes, guys I had to ask)

4. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    We have a thread about upcoming conventions around here somewhere...If you like Star Trek conventions there is one thats just a month away, real cool one called Farpoint thats just near Baltimore.

Are you looking to do the the actual wait in line for a month outside of Uptown gig are just the line the night before? I had tickets for the 8:30am and noon show at the Uptown so I went down early to stand in line, and my brother and his wife stayed in line overnight. We got real decent seats that way.

And welcome!

5. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Card game? Huh? :)

RE: waiting in line. I'd be willing to wait in line, I think. I have a zero-degree sleeping bag that would serve me well. I might have to borrow someone's light saber to fight off all the cutters, tho.

Just looked up the con, too. Thanks for the lead on it! It's going to be over Valentines day. I'm taking my wife to London for that week. No, I will not cancel the trip. No. I won't! Really!

6. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Waiting in line for the month?
    Luckily its May so it won't be that cold. But I'd go nuts for a shower after a few days.
    Couple of guys I talked to who were waiting in the line said they went home once a week.

Dude, its cool and all to wait in line for a month, but really don't get tempted to go to a con instead of London! Thats too geeky. Just wait till Shore Leave in July, now thats a con worth skipping London for. Ok, not really. :D ;)

7. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Welcome to the Galactic Senate, DarthDrew

8. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Welcome! I'm the Event Coordinator, and generally try to hit the cons in the area with my husband, so I'll be posting something for them as they come up - keep your eyes peeled! And please come by the meeting on the 18th of this month - we'd love to have you.

I've been to London and FarPoint, and I have to say, London is the right choice. Now, if it were a conflict between London and DragonCon, then there'd be an issue.

FYI, anyone interested in Shore Leave (July something) should make hotel reservations ASAP - it is rumored that the host hotel is sold out already.

9. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Welcome darthdrew!!!!

10. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Welcome! It's nice to see a new victi--- er, I mean person around here! ;)

11. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I love your icon, SL!

12. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Welcome Darth Drew we havelots of fun.come join us. I too am learning about the convention thing and i would love to stand in line but only for episode III

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.