main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TK_421, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK_421

TK_421 Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 1998
    Awesome!

it was great meeting you all. hope u all had as much fun as i did...

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Yoda is a bad-ass mofo.

3. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    it was a pretty good movie... much better than the ep1..... yoda was the best part... damn that made the movie for me.... but i will say that there were things that bothered me but not enough to say it wasnt as good as i hoped.....

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    It was VERY nice to meet you... thanks for throwing food scraps to my daughter.. lol The movie far EXCEEDED my expectations! And Yoda definitely stole the show!

5. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Screw that "Like Mike" movie...
    I wanna be like Yoda!!!!!

6. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    Did anyone else notice the soundtrack in many parts was the same as in TPM? It sounded to me like they recorded the soundtrack CD, butchered that up to fill time, then filled the leftover space with stuff from Episode I. Yoda was incredible, the entire end battle was jaw-dropping, and Hayden's portrayal of Anakin after he killed the Tuskens was chilling. But was I the only one who noticed the soundtrack was re-hashed? (P.S, the projectionist in theater 17 was an idiot...)

7. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    How many false starts did you get in Theatre 17? In Theatre 4, I stopped counting after the 7th time they dimmed the lights and had to turn them back on after they failed to get the movie started.. :( New projectionists should not work movie premieres.

8. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Oh happy me, happy me, tired me, happy me.

That was great. I only got 3 hours of sleep on account of school, but I'm getting ready to leave soon to see it again. I had previously bought tickets for the 3:45 show today, and they are NOT going to waste. Get to see it on film and try to pick out the extra scene. I'm thinking maybe Mace walking into the upper both to surprise Dooku. Possibly Padme and Clone on the dunes though too. I don't think I like Duku as much as Doku. Duku just doesn't sound as good.

You think theater 17 had problems, what about the digital. We had the lights go on and off multiple times, and we are all freaking out. My friend was standing on the chair, and giving reports. "They are all looking confused. Now they're yelling at each other. Oh, swearing at each other. This is bad. Wait, they look a little happier. NO, they're putting a flashlight into the projector, that's not good. They keep pressing the same button, and look really confused. Wait, maybe now...*MIB II trailer starts again...*

Anway, it was soooooooo great. I actually like the soundtrack. I've been listening to it for a while, and Across the Stars is perfect, plus it's woven into the whole soundtrack, making it really flow. The love pledge and the arena is great too.

I was a bit disappointed at all that was cut. I read the novel, and was a spoiler junkie, so I saw a lot missing. I definitely suggest that all of you read the novel. It's even better than the movie, and it really does a terrific job with the love story. That aspect worked in the movie, but it is perfect in the book.

Of to the movie, the wonderful StarWars movie...

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Corran,

I've seen both digital and non-digital and I didn't see an extra scene in the digital. Not that I could notice anyway. The Mace scene walking up to Dooku was in both versions. I'll look again tonight. I wasn't able to see Anthony Daniels as a human cameo, did anyone else see him? I also couldn't see the Millenium Falcon, nor the TIES and X-Wings that were suppossed to be hidden in Coruscant Scenes.

10. Avenger

Avenger Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Anthony Daniels was in the bar scene at the beginning when Obi-wan and Anakin come looking for Zam Wesell. We see him just before Zam sneaks up on Obin-wan.

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks Avenger... I figured he would have been in that scene. I did see George Lucas's oldest daughter, Amanda, dressed as a purple Twilek I believe. The camera lingers on her for a few seconds as Anakin walks by in that scene.

12. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    That was awesome!!!

I saw Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best in the bar scene. I'll look for more tomorrow. :p

13. William_the_bloody

William_the_bloody Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    I saw the Millenium Falcon!!!! That gave me a little thrill in an otherwise dull establishing shot. It is in the far left of the screen when the freighter Ani and Padme ride lands at Naboo.

14. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    midnight. theatre 17... idiot didn't queue the reels properly at one point, and started to turn on the house lights and close the curtains before the final battle....

anyway, enjoyed the movie... noticed a lot about the score during the second time....

how when anakin and padme hug on tatooine outside the moisture farm, they play the "luke on tatooine" theme, then as he speeds away on teh swoop, it switched to duel of the fates...

no big space battle? although we had an airspeeder chase.... exciting...

airspeeder chase = driving video game
    asteroid chase = jedi starfighter video game
    droid factory = platform style video game
    arena battle = fighting or platform videogame
    war scenes = RTS campaign game

is it just me or did watto have a ton of flies around him...

15. TK_421

TK_421 Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 1998
    Mara -- it was great meeting you and your daughter as well. She is very funny. Did she tell you about the drawing games we played? It was a good way to pass the time away.

DarthBrian- great meeting you as well. Did you get a good tan or did you get burned? I was concerned there for a bit...LOL!

16. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i got sunburned yesterday... my nose and forehead... thanks to mara's son colin for helping with the prize drawing...

james

17. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    My face got burned a little bit. :)

18. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Glad I had the hood on the cloak to keep from getting burned!

btw I think there were TWO Corellian YT-1300's in the landing scene on Naboo... Right next to each other on the far left side of the screen.

19. forcinme

forcinme Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Just throwin' in my 2 cents...
    WOW! I was SO tired waiting in line. I knocked off work at 6, downed alot of caffeine. By the time they let us in (AMC #17) for the midnight show, I was amped like everybody else but, I was still having a hard time staying awake... next time I'll order a triple-espresso! Anyways we sat front and center and the anticipation was really thick. After the juggling(?) show, I was kind of disappointed that they did not show the Matrix Reloaded trailer I was told would be playing. I think I was looking as forward to that as I was the movie. But, to the movie: The opening scene was great! After seeing so much stuff online and remaining somewhat spoiler free, I got chills when Padme took off her helmet! It really blows me away when Mr Lucas can still catch me off guard like that! I realized right there and then that THAT'S why I love these movies. Because no matter how much I think I know, he always smacks me in the face and says, Oh no you don't, now sit back down! I realized that they never are what I expect. I love that! Yeah sure it wasn't perfect but, none of them are. It's up to the individual to sift thru the story to see what he or she finds relevant to them. Just like any other movie. I loved the darker tone of the movie too. Anakin's admission to Padme after the Tusken slaughter was chilling! I thought yeah, this guy could be Vader. Though I thought his final moments with Shmi could've been a little deeper ("Annie, You came back to free me... I knew that you would.") I also wanted to see more Tusken in that scene too. Oh well, maybe the DVD will have more. Overall I think my gripes are minor compared to what I saw and did like. They'll never have everything I want in them! I just started reading the novelization and love the backstory to Shmi's kidnapping. It would've been great to see Cliegg and Owen with a bunch of vengeance-filled farmers on speeders, running into that Tusken ambush. Oh well . I do think that I remain uncertain on the digital vs film argument. I don't know if it was because of where I was sitting but, I saw so much artifacting on the screen and the matting of the live characters into some of the digital environments, didn't seem as convincing as they did in EP I. Some of the digital shots looked like the old McQuarrie matte paintings from the OT. But I'd like to give the whole digital process a fair shake so, I'm gonna try and see it this weekend in the digital projection theater. One of the kewl things I saw while waiting in line is a couple of jedi with their Jeff Park sabers. It was great to see them up close! I ordered mine a while back and am still waiting for it to arrive. Anyways, I wish I could say that the whole experience was great but, I don't think I had all the energy that I needed for the night. So, refreshed and energized, I will be seeing it again at the AMC La Jolla tomorrow w/my girlfriend. Hopefully I will be a bit more alert than I was.

Carlos

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey Carlos, the Jedi you saw with the Park Sabers was most likely me and JediG60racer. hehe You didn't see the Matrix trailer? They showed it in theatre #4.

21. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Come to think of it, they showed the Matrix trailers at the Grossmont theatre screenings too

22. forcinme

forcinme Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey Mara Jade, I think I met you... I was goin' around trying to get some shots of all the Jedi that turned up. I'm not quite sure but, I think it's you. I'm sending you the 2 pics I snapped. Yeah, I guess theater 17 wasn't the one to be in for the Matrix trailer. I'm sure I'll see it soon enough. Got to see Clones again Saturday w/my girlfriend. And even though it wasn't digital projection, I feel like I saw alot more this time and enjoyed it even more. Probably because this time I was fully awake and I wasn't sitting so close to the screen! My girlfriend loved it too so, I think I enjoyed it even more thru her. I'm gonna try to see the DP version this week. Anyways, you guys looked great! And many thanks for showing me your Parks Sabers... now I really can't wait to get mine!

Carlos

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks again for emailing the pics Carlos! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.