main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ominous Shadow

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Timothor, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    Well, this is the fanfic I've been wanting to write, finally coming out. Well good readers, I hope you have the patience to comment your opinions and give support. I one day hope to become an author, but for now I write books on paperbacks just to keep for myself.
    Note I am better at creating my own worlds, since it is hard to adapt a new story to the Star Wars universe just like that, so forgive any mistakes. ;)
    Just to say, in the RPG section one of my commonly used characters is known as Gadarthas :)

Anyway, my story takes place soon after Jedi Academy the game.

STAR WARS

OMINOUS SHADOW

Time has passed since the defeat of Tavion and her cultists at the hands of new Jedi, Jaden. After narrowly escaping being corrupted by the dark side, Jaden has settled in the Jedi Academy, and has taken up training new students alongside former master Kyle Katarn.

Still, evil does not remain beaten down for long. Once more a new threat has emerged from the shadows of the galaxy! A Dark Jedi known simply as Gadarthas has already killed many Jedi; and he has once identified himself as the true master of Desann who Kyle Katarn killed years ago.

Now, Gadarthas, whereabouts unknown, prepares to make his first strike against the Jedi under Luke Skywalker...

------------

The planet Rhen Var stood alone in space, hanging like an icey ornament in the blackness of space. The stars shone bright behind it, and ominously an unidentified ship speedily made its way towards the planet.

Rhen Var was a snow world much like Hoth, with frozen over harbours and expanses of ice and snow.
    All of a sudden, the black coloured, spore shaped ship that belonged to the foreboding Dark Jedi, Gadarthas, spiralled into orbit.
    The ship flew towards what seemed to be an abandoned citadel on a large ridge overlooking snowy plains.
    Ancient statues and broken walls hid dark, cold tunnels beneath the citadel.

The dark figure of Gadarthas stepped out of the black starship, after it settled on a bare part of the citadel. At first Gadarthas would remind one of a Sith, in flowing black robes and a face hidden by a dark hood. Yet Gadarthas was no disciple of the Sith, he was a Trandoshan who lost fate in hope and the light long ago...
    Gadarthas had met a rogue student of Luke's Academy, fleeing from Yavin 4 for the murder of a student quite a while ago. Desann, like Gadarthas, was a bulky reptilian like figure. Desann once had potential, but once his training was complete he only aimed on the deaths of the Jedi when things were not at the right time. Thus Desann died for his mistake.

Silently, Gadarthas strolled up to a bashed down door next to his landed ship, and walked in to find a long well lit corridor. Torches hung on the walls, and he expected to be greeted like the dark lord he was as soon as his presence was known.

As Gadarthas, the green skinned, reptilian Dark Jedi marched through the dark corridor, a large door swung open to reveal yet another foreboding figure. This new figure was that of a Geonosian, surprisingly enough. The Geonosian was in a greyish, studded coat with silver pieces along his arms and a black tatoo on his cheeck.
    "Welcome back, master." the Geonosian exclaimed, but speaking in his own native tongue.
    "Be at ease, Zandar, I have returned with good news this time."
    The Geonosian immediately leapt up, wings flapping and a broad smile greeted his insectoid face.
    "Indeed master? Inform me... but let us procceed to the chambers so we may feel comfort from the cold.
    Gadarthas and the Geonosian Zandar walked side by side to the end of the corridor, and made their way down to a square chamber lit once more.

"Now, Zandar, my apprentice. I have come to tell you that the Jedi have been made aware of my presence... I killed an apprentice back on Tatooine, and left her master to spread the word. Zandar, gaped and turned to Gadarthas
    "My lord! What is good about that!"
    "Soften your tone, insect! Luke will not want to risk more students, he will take extra precautions and send someone like that Kyle Katar

2. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    CHAPTER 2

Within the stone walls of the Jedi Academy, Kyle Katarn, a short bearded, brown haired Jedi paced about in a large empty chamber with slots letting in light in the ceiling. He had a cream coloured vest, a leather pad on his shoulder and a blue lightsaber strapped to his belt.
    With him in the room was Luke Skywalker, famous Jedi, son of Darth Vader.

"Kyle, what plan of action do you propose against this Dark Jedi?"
    Kyle shrugged and grunted.
    "No idea, and I know you have a bad feeling about this right."

Luke remained silent for a moment, concerned that more of his students would be endangered. Luke sat, legs crossed and stared out of one of the windows as Kyle simply continued to pace around. Finally Kyle said
    "I managed to take on Desann, and this is only one Dark Jedi. I can go and find him, Luke."
    "No Kyle, we are not sure if it truly is one Dark Jedi. You underestimated Tavion on Bespin, and she returned with an army of Cultists at her back. It nearly cost Rosh his life... and many Jedi fell."

Kyle Katarn shrugged again, and walked up to Luke.
    "I can take him Luke. Trust me on this one..."
    "So be it Kyle, it is your decision. Maybe Jaden can go with you..."
    "Yes, Jaden will probably ask to come as well."

With that Kyle left the room, warmed up for another mission and he could already feel the excitement of a perilous duel approaching...

Back on Rhen Var Gadarthas returned to the platform, jumped into his ship and zoomed off into space to make find and confront Kyle Katarn...

---------

End of Part 1 of Chapter 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.