main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Omnibus Program: A Place for Everything?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by marvelfett11, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    They can resize it, think that's being done with Lone Wolf and Cub omnibuses.

2. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    That would be interesting to see. I am fully committed to getting all the SW omnibuses, and maybe the hardcovers....

But its going to take time...30 omnibuses!

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Finished Tales of the Jedi Volume 1 Omnibus. Very good. Must find the 2nd volume. The art was pretty good. Not my most favorite but still pretty likable.

4. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Just got a message from a book store: The Dark Empire Trilogy is out of print, they can't send one to me. Too bad. When I finally give in and order the hardcovers, I can't get the first two. The Thrawn Trilogy I'm not that interested in, it's just an adaptation as well-drawn as it is. DE is another animal. Well, at least I can read it by the inter-library loan system, and wait for the possible regular Omnibus.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Have you tried the Amazon Marketplace for DE?

6. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    I would have to learn how to order from abroad (not a deal breaker), and the prizes are too high (a deal breaker). I'll settle for just reading it for now, owning it can come later. Amazon now says that it is "temporarily out of stock" but I don't think it will ever be restocked.

7. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    There might be a new edition. Perhaps maybe there will be an omnibus of it.

Hell, I wouldn't mind them making it hardcover but having the Omnibus design on it. At least then it would *partially* fit with the others.

Out of curiosity where are you located?

I have a two online sites that "appear" to have Dark Empire HC. How much are you willing to pay? They are around the $30 price tag.

The only bad thing is that they are local comic book stores, not super fast retailers. It will take time for them to ship it.

I ordered from one of them a few days ago and it doesn't look like my order has shipped yet.

8. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    Should I be worried that its been 8 days since I paid for omnibus and the site says it hasn't even shipped yet?

9. Amphimachus

Amphimachus Jedi Padawan

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm reading volume 2 now and it's quite good. Volume 1 was the first Star Wars comic I'd read and I found the art style to be very interesting. I wish the KotOR Omnibus was coming out sooner though, September is way too long for me to wait to continue chronologically.

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I can't wait to get the 2nd volume then. Agreed about KOTOR. I wish it came out now.

11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Ive held off buying any of the KOTOR volumes as I figured a Omnibus was around the corner, very excited about finally getting to read KOTOR! Even though it is quite a wait.

12. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    I only hope they have more omnibuses packed for the fall. I kinda feel like this year's set isn't as good as last years. Especially the Republic Clone War Trilogy omnibuses.

I discovered that my X-wing rogue squadron volume 2 omnibus hadn't shipped because they didn't have it in stock....They didn't even notify me until I asked why it had been 10 days and no shipment, but thankfully they just shipped volume 3 for me as I had already sent them payment.

Then yesterday I got x-wing volume 1 in the mail from a east coast California comic shop. It was in beautiful condition, It looked like it had never been read before! I am afraid to read it now, because it is in such good condition! I don't want to damage the book or binding....

Is there a specific "way" to read these omnibi without damaging them?

13. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I just kind of bend the pages a little so I can see the page without breaking the spine but that's how I read all my books because I'm neurotic.

14. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    Perch the spine in your hand and let the pages fall and be supported by your fingers.

15. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Is there any indication as to whether the first KOTOR Omnibus will include issue 0: Crossroads? I'm assuming so, since it was in the Commencement TPB, but not entirely sure.

16. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Brace yourselves!

LEGACY HARDCOVER 2

John Ostrander (W), Jan Duursema (W/P), Omar Francia (P), Kajo Baldisimo (P), Alan Robinson (P), Dan Parsons (I), Brad Anderson (C), Jesus Aburto (C), and Adam Hughes (Cover)
    On sale Sept 11
    FC, 424 pages
    $34.99
    HC, 6" x 9"
    A century after the death of Darth Vader, the Sith have returned and the galaxy is on the brink of war. The one hope for stopping the Sith lies with ex-Jedi and would-be pirate Cade Skywalker, the last of the Skywalker lineage. But Cade has plans of his own ...
    "Legacy has long stood as one of the most interesting and original new additions to the expanded Universe."—IGN

17. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Imperial Knights! I love those guys!

So is this Shards?

18. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    These are Omnibus-sized, over 400 pages each, so Shards is in the first one. This is likely to have TPB:s 4-7 or something like that.

The upcoming Omnibus-line looks like this now:
    Wild Space vol 1 (of 2+) in June
    Legacy Hardcover vol 1 (of 3) in June
    KOTOR vol 1 (of 3) in September
    Legacy Hardcover vol 2 (of 3) in September

19. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    Lets hope they churn out these omnibuses fast if they find out their time is running out!

20. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    KOTOR 2 has been solicitated for December (can't link but it's on Comic Book Resources), and Randy confirmed on the Dark Horse boards that a Dark Times Omnibus is on the works. Then again the newspaper strip Omnibuses were first mentioned years ago, so no need to hold breath yet.

21. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    The newspaper omnis are going to take a while, what with all the reformatting and potential touch ups whereas Dark Times can just be resized and reordered (Probably with the purge stuff.)

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Days of Fear, Knights of Anger TPB is listed under the first KOTOR Omnibus and the 2nd Omnibus but goes to Vindication when you click on the link in the 2nd KOTOR Omnibus on the Omnibus Wookiepedia page.

23. Suikoman444

Suikoman444 Jedi Master

Sep 8, 2009
    They still haven't officially announced a contents list for either KOTOR omnibus as far as I know, so anything about the exact issues on Wookieepedia is just speculation.

24. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    It's speculation but I think that it's likely to happen that way. Vindication would be a grand finale, and the summary mentions the final confrontation with the Jedi Masters. The third Omnibus would have 36-50 plus War 1-5 and possibly Handbook (it could be collected in 1 or 2).

Cover: http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...e/201310/SW_Omnibus_KnightsOldRepublic_v2.jpg
    Star Wars Omnibus: Knights of the Old Republic Volume 2 TP
    John Jackson Miller (W), Brian Ching (P), Bong Dazo (P), Scott Hepburn (P), Alan Robinson (P), Dustin Weaver (P), Dan Parsons (I), Joe Pimentel (I), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Colin Wilson (Cover)
    On sale Dec 18
    FC, 440 pages
    $24.99
    TP, 6” x 9”
    After Zayne Carrick is framed for the murder of his fellow Jedi in training, his poor luck prevents him from clearing his name and throws him into dangerous situations all over the galaxy, leading to his final confrontation with the Jedi Masters who massacred their own Padawans!
    • Expands the story of the smash-hit Knights of the Old Republic video games!
    • From the New York Times best-selling novelist John Jackson Miller!

25. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    http://www.newsarama.com/18670-dark-horse-november-2013-solicitations.html

[​IMG]

Star Wars: Republic #79–#80, Dark Times Volume 1—The Path to Nowhere,Dark Times Volume 2—Parallels,Dark Times Volume 3—Vector, and “Star Wars: Dark Times—Blue Harvest” Parts 1–2.

16 issues I believe. The other 16 issues of DT comprise the rest of Blue Harvest up to A Spark Remains part 5. So that might be in a possible volume 2 (Its cutting awfully close to the trade releases of Fire Carrier and A Spark Remains)

[​IMG]

Star Wars headliners Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, and others feature in six tales of galaxy-shaking adventure for readers of all ages!

So this is essentially all six volumes of the Star Wars Adventures digest from DH.

I wonder if it will be in digest size too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.