main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Omnis's Art Thread - (New Update: 1/22 - Ragelion's "On Mygeeto" ***Finished***.)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Omnis, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    Okay, so I found my first ever post, and decided to just turn this into my art collection thread. My Vader wallpaper post is still below, for those who haven't seen it, and I'll be posting my new "stuff" as I create it.

---
    I made this with a photoshop CS trial. it's on my deviantart page.

anyway, this is my first post here and the art on this board is pretty damn good. i hope i can stack up. also, i hope there isn't a designated wallpaper topic and etc. i've seen others post their WP's, so please forgive me if i screwed up.

so, without further delay, here's the piece:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/17019957/

i saw the vader helm on Master Replicas and basically went to town with it. lol. any comments are welcome. thanks in advance.

2. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    thats a really cool wallpaper design, you should make some more but with obi wan and clone troopers ect. hope to see more from you. :)

3. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I really like this. I might be speaking for just myself, but often I think it's hard to visualize a concept for a wallpaper like this that is going to work. But everything blends really well together, and I'm glad to see you posted it.. I agree with Darth ArsnL, and hope to see more from you in the future.

4. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    thanks, guys. i was working on an obi-wan version, but then my trial expired. so, it's rather unfortunate. i was planning on making it like a paradox with the two pieces. i think it'd look sweet on a dual-display.

i'll post my drawn artwork up sooner or later. i'm still getting used to the boards and getting my profile in order and etc.

5. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    dude! I love that :)

6. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Here's my latest painting, which I just did in like an hour and a half. Drawn and painted in stupid painter essentials. I hate painter. It's just so unresponsive for me. Aayala really looks like crap, but I think Mr. Vos came out alright.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/24806025/

Feel free to snoop around my dA gallery as well. I'm not stopping you, hahaha.

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    If this is what you get when you rush, I'd love to see something that you "slowed down" on! This is actually a very nice image, Omnis--the colors and the composition are very good, particularly for a "Master and Apprentice" piece (I like those, anyway!). I agree that Vos' portrait is good, but on Aayla you also managed to get some good shading and volume to her, despite your "rushing." Next time, choose a program you like, and take your time--I have a feeling you'll be pretty impressed with what you come up with! Nice work!

FF

8. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Yeah, I really want photoshop back. I'm kind of stuck with Painter, so I just have to deal with it.

9. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Its got a real dark and dirty feel to it. nice work.

10. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Soul Calibur meets Star Wars. Yay.

Haha, new update...check it out:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25947431/

:D

11. shigga

shigga Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2005
    Wow nice work.

12. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Update. I colored it. Lol.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/26009953/

13. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Any comments or suggestions as to what I should draw next?

<--Teh bored.

14. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    It looks great! I love the Jedi Ivy, very good shading which really gives volume. As for what to draw next, it would be cool to see your version of Vader or maybe Yoda.

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Jedi Ivy looks fabulous, Omnis! I love the colors you used for her, very somber, but with good contrasts to her face and beautiful white hair. I commend you for undertaking anything "arty" while suffering with the flu--I usually drop dead into bed and don't move for a week when I have it! ;) A lovely piece! And I think Vader or Yoda would be great choices for your next piece--I'd love to see either of them!

FF

16. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    As suggested, my first Yoda composition.

just read the deviantart description. Lol.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/26102390/

17. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Am I going too fast for you guys?

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I like the Yoda in action picture! I think you did a great job of drawing him, only thing I might suggest is adding some movement into the piece, either by having him deflecting a blast from the droids, or have one flying towards him.

Otherwise, he's great :D

19. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    That's what I originally intended to do. However, the perspective is hard to achieve using my beam-coloring method. Instead, I made the rifle beam just as it is coming out of the barrel with the battledroid on the left.

20. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Nice! That looks really cool! The laserblast and the droidekas forcefield looks especially good.

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice Yoda-in-action here Omnis! I like that we're almost "in" the scene here, sort of crouching behind the rocks while our little green Jedi Master stands defense. Nice composition, good placement of the figures. Great work!

FF

22. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    I just wanted to pop in real quick and let everyone know that I'm not dead or anything. I'm busy on a big open-subject art piece that's been taking up all my time that I would normally be devoting to star wars-related compositions. I'll post it up when I finish it, though, of course. It's like this Holy Paladin loner dude for art class. It's also the first time I'm using serious color with prismacolor pencils.

Wish me luck. Lol.

23. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Whoa! The glow on Yoda's lightsaber is just insane! I love the effect. Five stars!

24. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    I decided to color Ragelion's "On Mygeeto". http://www.deviantart.com/view/26383076/

This is a real challenge for me because of the limited exposure we have to Mygeeto. I honestly haven't seen it at all besides the scene where Mundi bites it. I decided, instead of a close-quarters type of background, that I would go ahead and try to create a broad Mygeeto atmospheric background. You know...just for creativity's sake. I kinda like it, but my only concern is that Mygeeto seems to be cavernous and mountainous at the same time...and I'm not sure if my background captures any of the cavernous side of the planet.

Anyway, enough blab. check out the WIP.

[image=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1668/mygeetowip14vg.jpg]

I'll post the final version in my deviantart gallery, of course. However, I'll be posting up WIPs as I go along.

Peace, guys.

25. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    2nd WIP update.

[image=http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8884/mygeetowip21wd.jpg]

I just kind of detailed the marine some more. I needed to take a break, though. Lol. I'll finish him sooner or later and then move on to Bacara. Then, I can see what I can do with my background. I know, I'm going backwards in the whole background-to-foreground painting method [face_beatup] , but they're all on different layers so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Hopefully, this will turn out well, especially with the background. [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.