main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Omnis's Art Thread - (New Update: 1/22 - Ragelion's "On Mygeeto" ***Finished***.)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Omnis, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragelion

Ragelion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    So far so good. Take your time. There is no rush.
    Cant wait to see what you have in store.

2. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Looks really cool. Can't wait for the finished version.

3. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    Took a break from coloring so much. I decided I'd sketch around and wound up creating General Heartattack -- I mean Grievous.

So, yeah, General G...check him out: http://www.deviantart.com/view/26545174/

4. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    Oh lovely work!!! I love your sketch of General Grievous.. In light of the holiday season, am i alone in saying i want to buy him an inhailer?

5. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Lol, he doesn't have asthma, he has congestive heart failure.

I'm gonna continue working on ragelion's pic as soon as I can get photoshop elements up and running. I'm gonna have to restart. The good news is i'll be getting a gig of ram for christmas to add on to my computer. I won't have to keep restarting so often.

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, General G. looks great. I could never draw him that good.
    Btw: Your script is cool.

7. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Very nice general grievous! The sketch look suits his spikey spindleyness well!

8. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    I popped in Episode 3 and watched the Mygeeto scene again. No wonder my background was bothering me so much. I scrapped it and did another one which I think looks a lot more accurate.

so, here's the 3rd Work-in-progress:

[image=http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/4336/mygeetowip34mr.jpg]

I've got a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go, though. Super long. I want to nail this background more than anything, as all the ash is a huge part of the scene. You'll get your first peeks at a colored Bacara around the 5th or 6th update. This color job has taken the longest amount of time for me, I think. I'm taking my time and not really going into those hardcore sessions. I promise the result will be worth the wait, though. Lol.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Whooaaa...that looks awesome so far! I can't wait to see the rest of it!

10. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    Great Job

11. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Updated WIP 4:

[image=http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/9780/mygeetowip42xx.jpg]

I'm posting from my uncle's house today, and when I saw my picture on his monitor, I was shocked. It's SO dark.

So, please, guys, if it looks so dark that you can't even see the Ashtrooper's chest, then let me know. It should be fine on LCD monitors, but on this CRT here it looks awful. I say this because the fire that I added looks very very unreal here as opposed to the realistic explosion I painted on my laptop's LCD screen (to my satisfaction. lol.)

I also wanted to comment on the bride and the overall perspective. It may seem a little funny looking, but i think this is the best I can come up with perspective-wise. The lines aren't perfect, as its hard to keep them ruler-straight on the tablet. I don't know how Jamie originally intended the background to be, and so, the two troop's positions are kind of odd-set in what I've created. I went and cut the tunnel entrance in half because I think if I drew the whole thing on there, it would've REALLY warped the picture. I'm sure I'll go back at some point in time and do something that's not so wide and broad-viewed. I just really, really wanted to capture the environment as opposed to just coloring the troops. I'm doing that too, obviously, but you know what I mean.

So, I'll shut up now, but, like I said, let me know about the darkness. Otherwise, enjoy the update.

Peace.

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wowee, that looks fabulous, Omnis! I don't see the "too dark" thing you were worrying about--it all looks great to me on my monitor...everything well-shaded and painted true to the direction of the diffuse light. I think the fire looks marvelous--very realistic, actually, with the intense black smoke right next to the bright, hot flames--just as it would be, for either metal or fuel... The entire b/g is looking just wonderful, and the time you're putting into it is more than evident--bravo and keep on! I wouldn't fret too much about "perfect perspective" with this--the way the troopers are, there (only half in the frame), you can actually get away with just about anything that "suggests" a surface beneath them. You're doing great with it so far (as in, for me, I don't see anything that makes me "lean" or squint or feel like it's all "floating.")! Great work--and Ragelion has to be so happy with your "embellishment" to his lineart!

FF

13. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    any others?

14. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! :eek: I don't think it's too dark, I can see everything fine. It's great!

15. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    This is it, the final work in progress before I finish up and release the finished version. I colored Bacara and the sky, and now all that has to be done is a quick finish for the Ash Trooper, and all the various lighting effects and then the tedious ash itself.

;) [image=http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2269/mygeetowipfinal3zm.jpg]

16. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Character Design: Marrus

http://www.deviantart.com/view/27063037/

Read the description.

I think I'm way too fast for this board. Haha.

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    You do wonderful work, Omnis. I like your Jedi Ivy. SW and SC *is* a good combination. Now if only you had a Jedi Kilik, I'd be really happy ;)

Your WIP looks really good and not dark. Some people just have their monitors poorly adjusted, don't worry about it. Can't wait to see it when you put the final touches on. You have a real talent here.

I also like your concept character, as much for the lightsabre spear idea as for anything I must say :p That really is a good idea. From a fighting standpoint, a double blade that can cut through almost anything is really silly. The only problem is that lightsabre hilts aren't made of lightsabre resistent material (see Obi-Wan cutting Maul's blade in half, for instance). Now in the KOTOR era and all there are cortis weaves that are sabre resistant (a bad EU idea if you ask me, but necessary for the game to be any fun ;))...

18. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I'm impressed!

Great work on everything. I LOVE your first post - the Vader wallpaper! Awesome!

You have a real talent for technical detail, and more particularly, for dark and ominous coloration. Fantastic! The Jedi Ivy, Yoda and Mygeeto scenes are great examples.

You're very talented. :D

oldj

19. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    THAT'S what they were called! Cortis Weaves. I couldn't think of the metalwork's name.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I haven't been playing KOTOR recently or anything :-B

21. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    Crap. Haven't been active here in a long time. 2nd quarter of school sucked pretty hard, but I'm back on track for 3rd quarter (thank god 2nd Q is over). Anyway, I also have been searching for a kendo dojo, which has also been borrowing my time. Monday is my first class. Wish me luck, lol. I guarantee that, if my sensei allows me to tape the class, you all will soon see kendo shiai (sparring matches) rotoscoped with lightsabers put in place of the shinai (bamboo swords). ;) Don't fret, yall.

Anyway, here is the finished product of the Mygeeto piece I've been coloring. Sorry to keep you waiting and stuff. It didn't turn out EXACTLY how I envisioned, but it's still pretty cool to me. Deviantart is currently down, so I'll show you guys via imageshack, but when I eventually get to post the deviantart link, I'd appreciate it if you guys visited it in my gallery as well. Thanks, guys.

[image=http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1673/mygeetofinished1oe.jpg]

Ciao.

22. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Very nice, Omni, though I feel it could use a little less blur effect. The clarity of the WIP image helps bring out the deatils in things especially the rifle that are someone lost in the end version. I do like the smoke effect, however.

23. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    It was hard to do that with the way I set up my layers, though. I planned it wrong, I guess.

I'll probably layer the sharp WIP over the blur and erase both where needed. I just want to be finished with it...but, for one reason or another, it keeps calling back to me. Don't you hate that?

24. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Nice work, Omnis, but I gotta second Giolon05 here: it's a bit too blurry, I'd prefer a version like your WIPs.

Maybe you could make another version: one without the blur/snow?

25. Omnis

Jun 1, 2005
    okay, I fixed it a little. Deviantart is working now, so check it out there.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/28021610/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.