main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST On a scale of 1 - 10?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Little_Boots, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_Boots

Little_Boots Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    How would you rate the possibility that Rey is Luke Skywalkers daughter

10 being, "yup, I'm 100% convinced he is"
    I'd say a 7

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  2. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    Don't know so 50/50. At no point in the movie do any of the characters indicate they know who Rey is. Also I don't understand why Luke would ditch his own daughter with Unkar Plutt.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  3. Little_Boots

Dec 23, 2015
    That's true! When I was watching the film the sound went off at Luke's scene, anyone remember what conversation took place?

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

JeanNo likes this.
  4. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    I think she's part of the Skywalker family. Perhaps his daughter, not sure. 50%

5. BobaBacca

Nov 6, 2015
    Luke turned round and said "dayum girl you fine"

Little_Boots likes this.
  6. Little_Boots

Dec 23, 2015
    Hahaha!

7. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Maybe Ben took her there.

8. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    I actually think it's more likely she isn't his daughter but not by much so I'll say 4/10. I think they've really built her up to be his daughter but I can't shake the feeling Luke just wouldn't leave his daughter in a place like that, alone. It's possible Snoke/Kylo hid her from him but then I think he would go all out to find her which wouldn't take someone as powerful as Luke this long. That's my gut feeling anyway although I actually think there's more evidence pointing towards her being his daughter.

9. BobaBacca

Nov 6, 2015
    I don't think it was Ben because he didn't seem to know who Rey was, he just sensed she was strong with the Force. Also I saw someone say there is a part in the novel that has more detail about the flashback. Something alone the lines of she hears "I'll come back I promise sweetheart". At first that seems like something a caring father might say, but why with Unkar Plutt? The fact she was left with Unkar Plutt makes me think she was ditched by somebody who didn't want her and lied to her by sweet talking, just to make it easier.
    If it was Luke, not only did he leave her with Unkar Plutt, he promised to come back and never did. I am thinking the person that ditched her didn't ditch her to keep her safe, they ditched her because they wanted to ditch her. Get rid. Adios. Then the "I'll come back, I promise" was a lie and what someone who intended to ditch their own daughter would say.

CakeThiefPro likes this.
  10. BobaBacca

Nov 6, 2015
    Also wouldn't Han know that Luke had a daughter and have an educated guess that Rey might be Luke's daughter as she is from the planet Luke left his daughter on?

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hi! We already have a thread with an active discussion on Rey's Parentage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.