main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate Hayden Christensen in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by rustybaseball, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustybaseball

rustybaseball Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
  2. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    I voted "Mediocore" because I found him a little "stiff" in AOTC. I'm also kind of biased because I don't really like him as an actor. I found him dissapointing in "Life as a House" but compared to that, he did a good performance in AOTC. Still, I don't think his acting "hurt" AOTC in any way; it's a truly awesome SW film! :D

3. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I found his best parts were with Obi-Wan and in a battle scene. Him and Padme never seemed to have much Chemestry though.

4. DarthKnight

DarthKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    I thought he was perfect for the role of Anakin.

No spoilers in... thats right, the Non Spoiler forum

5. Tedakin

Tedakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Funny. I had heard and was expecting him to be terrible but he was just the opposite. I thought he was amazing and very very convincing. Star Wars is just so overly scrutinized by everyone.

6. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    He's not Jake Lloyd stiff, but he makes me really appreciate the talent that Mark Hamill has.
    Hayden was good when he is "bad", but flat when he is being "good".

It is amazing how cool Vader is considering he was a mix of actors, but we can't get a great Anakin. :(

Hayden does a great job with Ewan, but him and Natalie weren't "all that". They aren't the most worst couple in the history of film, but they aren't the best, that's for sure.

7. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    I thought he was very good. He conveyed perfectly the mix of immaturity, anger, confusion, sadness, anxiousness, and obsession that the character needed. He was the perfect 19 year old male with powers far beyone his control plummeting down the wrong path.

Spoilers? You know better then that

8. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    I thought this was a NON-SPOILER forum? What?s all this sandpeople talk!?

Anyways, I thought his acting was GREAT. He showed a whole rage of emotions. Obedience, anger, rage, sorrow, love. It's all there. As for his "stiff" acting it is explainable. Obi-wan tells him to control his feelings. He is being held back and so he must restrain himself. But damn when he lets looses it's awesome. GREAT stuff! :D

9. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I thought Hayden was "great." Especially in the scene which you are all talking about which is a pretty big spoiler. This is a Non-Spoilers forum...

5D2M1

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I had heard so many complaints about how terrible Haydens acting was from people who only saw the trailers. When I finally see the film it turns out it wasn't Hayden with bad acting, it was Natalie.

Hayden did fine. Let's hope he keeps it up for Episode 3.

Side note: McGregor, McDiarmid, and Lee were awesome. Jackson coulda been better.

11. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I thought he was outstanding. In some scenes he looked scary and looked like you would expect Vader to look like. I had heard he wasn't that good but I thought he was wonderful.

I thought Samuel was the worst in the movie after one viewing.

12. starkillah

starkillah Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes...I think that Hayden was cast because of his ability to display different emotions. I wasn't all that excited about some of the lines he delivered. However, when he showed us Anakin's rage and sadness, is when everyone in the theater just got dead silent, especially in the scene you people are referring to. His emotional outburst with Obi-Wan are also good of his talent. If I were to rate who I thought gave the best performance, it is, of course, Ewan.

13. TheCaptain

TheCaptain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 1999
    I gave him an 8, and as mentioned previously when he did his rant about the sandpeople that was really creepy. The whole movie he was almost schitzophrenic, he did that exceptionally well.

14. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    Great!

15. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    I didn't like the acting as much the first tiem around - I think I was way to spoiled and and too many ideas abot where I thought things were going.

What struck my the second and third times was how young Anakin still is. he's really TRYING to do the right thing - but having a hard time with everything. It could be that his potential power withthe Force is overwhelming him.

16. Queen_Amberdala

Queen_Amberdala Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    I TOTALLY DISAGREE! Come on, "Matrags!" I thought the Chemistry was red-hot and played perfectly. GL orchestrated even the way they look at each other. It was dynamic and artistic.

17. BillyBob_Fett

BillyBob_Fett Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    I thought he was good..but great or unreal? uh not really. He's still a bit too wooden and more of a paint by the numbers TV movie type actor. I thought his general facial expression was Ok and film presence he exuded was decent though. HE does come off as a cocky arrogant blockhead throughout much of the film, so his role as the future Vader is pretty instinctual.

18. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I've heard people say that Hayden and Natalie have no chemistry together when they are on Naboo and you know what I say to that? They're not supposed to. Their not in love yet! They aren't in love until Anakin loses his mother! If you notice every scene with them after that is better! On Naboo Padme is put off by Anakin and his feelings aren't love as much as they are an unhealthy obsession. But only after they go through trials and tribulations do they truely fall in love and then you see the chemistry and true emotion. Before that it's supposed to be fake.

I think the proof is in what would appear as better acting and chemistry between the two in the scenes that follow Naboo. Surely unless you refuse to see it you can admit that the scenes on Tatooine and Geonosis seem better and that's because now they are supposed to really be in love.

19. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999

EEEK! Wrong Forum!

20. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i like to point out that ebert lost points with me baddddd! anakin padme chemistry was great a little rushed but great i didn't want llllllllloooooonnng drawn out lovey stuff i like it interspliced the way it was i didn't want titanic in space!

hayden scared the crap out of me in some scenes and made me laugh in other scenes. let me put it this way only vader in the ot could scare you out of all the actors and the fact that hayden did it is an acheivment.

21. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i like to point out that ebert lost points with me baddddd! anakin padme chemistry was great a little rushed but great i didn't want llllllllloooooonnng drawn out lovey stuff i like it interspliced the way it was i didn't want titanic in space!

hayden scared the crap out of me in some scenes and made me laugh in other scenes. let me put it this way only vader in the ot could scare you out of all the actors and the fact that hayden did it is an acheivment.

22. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I voted Unreal. He is the embodiment of Vader. Hayden has made me believe Anakin Skywalker will become Darth Vader.

Isurus

23. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    Outstanding :)

24. _Padme_

_Padme_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Unreal. He's Anakin.

25. Delphium

Delphium Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2001

It is very rare that I get watery eyed during any movie, and that happend when he was talking to XXXXX. Amazing.

edit - Oops. Noone saw that :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.