main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate Hayden Christensen in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by rustybaseball, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    "Unreal" sounds good. :D

2. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I'd say 10 out of 10.
    Hayden was awesome as Anakin. Certainly showed the great array of emotions that is The Chosen One.

3. SmackFu4u

SmackFu4u Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    10. The confession scene was the most memorable of all the SW movies me thinks.

4. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Smackfu4u, i agree with you there.

5. starmaster45

starmaster45 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Christensen did a wonderful job! Don't knock it! At some parts of the film I realized that his emotions didn't match his words completely, but I don't think that it was entirely his own fault-besides, I only noticed it once or twice.

About the Skywalker-Amidala "chemistry." I thought it was decent, but it didn't need to be Academy Award-winning stuff. Besides, it's a Sci-Fi/Fantasy film, right? If this relationship had become more elevated, it would have taken away from the ultimate plot of the film. George Lucas never ceases to amaze me in his directing talent.

6. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Unreal

I think people are confusing stiff with Jedi.
    Look at Liam, Jedi Council, and Mark in RotJ. They're very calm and cool (read 'stiff' I guess). I though people would've caught on by now?
    But even then he added so much to it. Just little things. Nursing wounds, little nods. The look in his eyes.
    Not to mention in one particular scene he gives the best performance in any Star Wars film.
    I actually thought his performance in the den scene was top notch. You really feel his desperation, his passion and lust and love.
    And considering I choked when I read the dialogue on paper, I think that says a lot.
    The guy is unreal. I would kill to give a delivery like in the homestead with Padme.

7. Gorion

Gorion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I like him. That may be because I was hoping for the worst after seeing the trailers.

8. DarthSebith

DarthSebith Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2000
    he was great and to me his defining moment playing anakin was the entire Tattoine sequence.

9. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I said great becuase I was worried after seeing the trailers, but it was extemely good. While it wasn't Oscar quality, he was really good. I would give him 9 out of 10. :D

10. JediGoodness

JediGoodness Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    I voted 'Unreal'

11. Darthmcm

Darthmcm Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    I voted great. I avoided his other stuff so I wouldnt be thinking about other performances by him while I watched this movie. It was a really really good movie, even better the second time I saw it.

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I must admit that I loved Hayden in AOTC. He was my favorite overall actor, despite the fact that I love Ian McDiarmid's subtle acting and Christopher Lee rocked, plus I thought Portman was great too. Well to be honest, I liked them all, and yeah Ewan is the man still. I love the tense dialogue with him and Jango...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.