main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga On Being Clip Argentsson... (OC's)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mjsullivan, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mjsullivan

Mjsullivan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2003
    Title: On Being Clip Argentsson...

Timeframe: 20 years Pre ANH - 1 year pre ANH

Summary: The story of Clip Argentsson, and how he came to be where he's at in Working in Darkness.

Author's Note - Clip Argentsson is an OC of mine featured in my one and only completed story Floating Fortress and my work in progress, Working in Darkness. You do not need to have read either of those stories before reading this one.

Disclaimer - I dont own any of George's things - just the things that i invented myself. k? ;)

On Being Clip Argentsson...

-- Introduction

Born in orbit around Corellia to Earle Argentsson and Maryan Pherro-Argentsson, Clip?s earliest memory is riding with his mother on a station tram and being sick on the person next to her, who became enraged and threatened to hit him. To date, he still considers this the most miserable he has ever felt ? both very sick and scared. Though he is surprisingly fond of the memory, as he remembers how his mother had come to protect him, and how safe he felt as she did.

Maryan Pherro-Argentsson began her adult life as a musician in a negligibly successful band called ?The Centerpoint Nine?. When they disbanded, she pursued a career as a security guard aboard public transport ships. It was there that she met Earle Argentsson ? mechanic and pilot aboard a public Corellian bulk freighter that transported both passengers and cargo between the Corellian system and various outer rim territories. They were together for four years before marrying, and having a child. After Clip was born, they both decided that it was time to move on to a more stable career for the both of them.

Clip?s parents became part-owners of a long-life foodstuffs retailer aboard an orbital station in the Gus Treta system, which also dealt in various rare goods that happened to find their way to the station. Clip spent a lot of his childhood travelling between Gus Treta and Corellia, and found himself with two separate lives. On Corellia he attended a school in the capital city, where he found himself to be a reasonably high achiever, for six months of the standard year. The other six were spent on the station above Gus Treta, where Clip was taught his father?s trade and other skills that his parents felt were essential. He picked up piloting fairly easily, but mechanics was a lot harder for him to grasp. He learned basic skills ? which is still a considerably large bank of knowledge ? before his father decided that he would be better off concentrating on flying. His Mother taught him at a very early age how to defend himself, but expressly forbid him to hold or use a weapon. He also showed a mild proficiency for the music that his mother loved so much, but a mild one only.

The Early Years

-- Side of Life #1 ? Corellian School of Fine Practices

The deceptively titled School of Fine Practices was actually just a very large standard technology college, at which Clip found his first friends and learned his knack for academia. Being a Technology college, language studies was not a subject considered as a priority ? but all the same, Clip found it, and quickly adopted it as his favourite. This subject was not to do with learning the language of other races, but rather to find finesse in the use of his native language, basic. He took delight in reading the works of famous authors and poets, and had a particular partiality to cloak-and-dagger spy stories.

He found friends as any first year student does ? mainly by talking about spaceships and how excellent it would be to fly a ship of their own one day ? and found that ?fitting in? in such a large school was rather easy. He took his place among a large group of friends, and forged a pair of close relationships that he vowed he would keep for the rest of his life ? one with a young human girl named Yvetha, and another with a Twi?lek boy called Carathanomadu (who?s name was promptly shortened to Madu).

Clip?s first kiss was at the age of 12 with Yvet

2. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    Interesting backstory you've built up for good ol' Clip. And a good way of persenting it, so it doesn't clutter up the story. Clip seems to have had more than his fair share of misfortune, though he's clearly come through it pretty well. Most enjoyable.

3. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I love OCs. I know some don't but I find them rather enjoyable. If they are good that is, and yours are great.

I like Clip because even though he has had his share of misfortunes, he has come out okay. Great job with the back story.

4. Mjsullivan

Dec 8, 2003
    forcefire - Thanks so much for crossing over to this thread ;) I'm so very glad you enjoyed the back story. It can sometimes be regrettable to advertise to everyone exactly how people have become what they are, but usually only if mystery is inherit in the character. Clip isn't so mysterious, really - he's just in over his head ;)

Vadersmistress - thank you so much for the compliment! thank you for reading! thank you for everything! lol, okay, one too many thankyous, but you get the idea. I'm very glad you like OC's as much as I :D

5. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    That was a good, well-rounded background. I especially liked the death of Madu (not for sadistic reasons, I swear!) giving Clip his fear of becoming a statistic. This tells the readers a lot of whys to Floating Fortress and Working in Darkness. It's nice to know, but I agree that it wouldn't have fit well into the actual stories.

Good job, mjs.

6. Mjsullivan

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh, Face! I didnt even know your reply was here until just now! Thanks so much for reading it, even in light of the fact that I still have failed to read your own one-poster!

Sorry about that :( Getting to it! Just think of it as one massive IOU you've got over me ;)

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    How did I miss THIS one? VaderLVR kicks her own behind! Lovely work, as always. I like the OCs, you always do a great job with them. You make them interesting, which is vital when writing OCs. Take a bow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.