main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends On Broken Wings- OC's Complete! Author replies 6/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Going on what we know, I don't think Vos gave up Maul's willing servitude just because Eitan recommended they get rid of him.

I liked that Eitan put Maul in his place and showed him that he wasn't as good as he thought. :D It's good that Eitan is still having doubts about things concerning if he's doing the right thing or not, and yet the darkside continues to entice him through his memories of Majid's death.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    VaderLVR shakes her head at Eitan. Then she directs a very stern "Mother" look his way. Tsk, tsk.

I'm very worried about Eitan. He doesn't seem to realize the path he is choosing or where it will lead him.

The door slid open at his approach, and he hesitated briefly before letting the Force guide him. It was drawing him toward a door at the end of a long hallway, the waves that swirled the nearer he drew causing him to break out in a sweat. He was still a novice when it came to the Dark Arts, Vos slow to share the secrets he?d learned during his years of exile from the Order. The anger that burned in Eitan?s belly stirred to life the closer he drew to the door as if drawn to a well-loved friend. There was a brief instant of worry for how unconcerned he was at the idea but he ruthlessly squashed it as the door slid open in welcome.

Loved this passage!

=D=

More soon? I'm impatient, that's true! :D

3. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Always nice to see Eitan in action! [face_batting]

Even nicer to see him put Maul in his place.

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    What the crap? I'm behind. [face_blush]

Eitan took care of Maul rather nicely. :cool: But though he did it with good intentions, that still doesn't speak well about the way he did it. [face_shame_on_you]

You know, now that "Learning" is done, all these little things can be taken to mean much more. Like what he does with Maul is somewhat like what he does as Kanoa - good intentions, bad methods. [face_thinking] And throughout it all, part of him knows it's all very wrong, but the other part seems to do it as a kind of vengeance for Majid. Which is also not good! :p

5. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    "You are Vos' slave...

Cruel, cruel, words and on some level Eitan knows it's true. :_| Vos has destroyed all his emotions and I don't think Eitan knows where to turn.

And he is starting to have doubts about his new mentor.

So deliciously evil, Vos pitting his two warriors against each other [face_devil] And excellent fight scene, I'm getting addicted to those you know :p

Alright, looking forward to more Eitan, o_e! [face_batting]

6. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Sorry about the repeat! :_| My connection is so slow, I can never remember if I posted or not! :p

7. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Can?t help but love :) Eitan?s cold appraisal of Maul and his ?skills?. Eitan is still showing good intentions but accepts the wrong method to solve what he thinks is the problem. There was no winning with his acceptance of the darkside. Good fight between him and Maul, or should I say beating. [face_mischief]

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Diane Of course! I had to stick to canon. :p Sids doesn?t exist in this galaxy.

PK No. Right now Eitan is supporting Vos. That will soon change. [face_devil]

Kynstar You frighten me. [face_worried]

Bekah No Vos isn?t going to jettison Maul just because Eitan gives him a bad report. x_(

VL Eitan could do with a smack upside his head. [face_shame_on_you]

Noi Maul will get his revenge although unknowingly. :(

Jade Kind of like Anakin in ROTS hum? Good intentions but bad way to achieve it? ;)

TS I think this is just the beginning of those doubts Eitan has about his new master and his plan. [face_devil]

Altaira You?re right. The Darkside will bring him no happiness. :_|

Chapter Twenty-Five

Qui-Gon paused at the foot of the transport, his gaze caught and held by the two men who stood speaking in low tones by a Jedi starfighter. Focused on their private conversation, they were unaware of his attention.

"Master?"

Obi-Wan?s softly spoken call had him turning to watch as his apprentice guided a small figure down the ramp. The blond, grubby-looking boy was staring around in wide-eyed wonder at the Temple docking bay. Deep blue eyes met his, a grin nearly swallowing the boy?s entire face as he paused next to the Jedi Master.

"The Jedi have their very own fleet of ships?"

"Yes, we do. Although many times it makes more sense to use other forms of transport," Qui-Gon explained.

"Wizard!"

Qui-Gon chuckled at the young boy?s excited exclamation. His smile faded as his gaze rested on Obi-Wan?s strained expression. The young man wasn?t happy with his decision to bring the slave boy to Coruscant, feeling Qui-Gon had overstepped himself in this matter. Obi-Wan didn?t share his mentor?s belief that Anakin Skywalker was special and deserved a chance to be trained as a Jedi. Perceptive eyes studied him solemnly, seeing more than a ten-year-old should.

"Obi-Wan will take you to our rooms to clean up, Anakin." Qui-Gon smiled reassuringly as he ruffled the shaggy mop of blond hair. "There?s something I must see to before I join you."

Obi-Wan?s gaze followed his mentor?s across the bay, a frown appearing as he recognized the reason for Qui-Gon?s sudden preoccupation. Eitan Delano stood talking with Master Vos, the two men oblivious to everything around them so intent on their conversation were they. Even after twelve years at Qui-Gon?s side, Obi-Wan couldn?t understand the Jedi Master?s fascination with Delano. The man had done nothing but hurt and shun him, and yet Qui-Gon continued to try and bridge the gap between them.

"Come along, Anakin." Obi-Wan urged the boy out of the bay with a firm hand on his back.

Qui-Gon continued to study the two Jedi for a few minutes. It was obvious to anyone who bothered to look that the conversation was a tense one. Eitan was visibly distressed, his expression nearly pleading as he spoke in low tones. For his part, Vos?s face was an expressionless mask, only his ice blue eyes giving away some hint of his emotions. He was clearly unhappy with the younger man and struggling to hold on to his Jedi calm.

His face set in lines of determination, Qui-Gon strode toward the two men. Eitan was the first to catch sight of him, his dark eyes widening with dismay and something that may have been guilt. His curiosity heightened at the way Eitan quickly averted his gaze, Qui-Gon offered them a brief bow.

"Good evening, gentlemen."

"Qui-Gon." Vos?s greeting lacked any trace of civility.

Qui-Gon was all too aware of the fact that Quinlan Vos saw him as a rival for Eitan?s devotion. They?d even been drawn into a very heated confrontation on the matter only a few months back, neither man willing to back down from their position. Qui-Gon had been brutally honest in telling Vos that he didn?t trust him and found many of his actions highly suspect. His attempt to warn the other master away from Eitan had been met with an almost violent angered reaction.

Vos had been quit

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Vos certainly was predicting the future. I wish Qui-Gon was more alert to the threat than he was.

Looking forward to more.

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Whoa... talk about your warnings... :eek: Wowzers!

Jealous Vos! [face_laugh]

Great chapter!!

I worry you? :p why? You like them darksiders too you know! :p

11. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    "Best be careful, Jinn, or you may meet the same fate as Master Majid." A chilling smile curled the edges of his lips as understanding dawned in Qui-Gon?s eyes. "It would be such a shame if young Obi-Wan were orphaned so close to his Trials." :_|

Yikes! That's quite a warning.

12. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh, Qui-Gon is wonderful! [face_love] Protecting Eitan even now. And Vos is wonderfully evil, o_e! He has Eitan right in his grasp and Qui-Gon suspects everything.

Qui-Gon is a force for good in Eitan's life, and I'm glad he was there even though Eitan may not appreciate it right now. And Vos turning his attention on the 'Chosen One' Not good!

We get more Eitan! :D

13. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Great background to the events around Anakin?s arrival. Vos? control over Eitan and confidence is chilling. I like how Qui-Gon gets right in there to try to get through to Eitan. Qui has so many problems happening at once and is still trying to help. I can?t voice the dread I am feeling at this.

:D Everything is fitting so nicely. *does a little evil happy dance* [face_dancing]

:p [face_love] I love it!

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    ohhh- chilling!

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well I guess Quinlan is done playing nice, huh? :p

Great chapter and :eek: at Vos' statement. I mean, how much more obvious does he have to be????

More soon? [face_praying]

16. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    AHHHHHHH! I just found this story! Oh man..... poor Qui-Gon. MOre! He has been forewarned...

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Kind of like Anakin in ROTS hum? Good intentions but bad way to achieve it?

Yesssss...and without the padded codpiece, liker Vader has. [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Vos is a bad, bad man. :*

The man had done nothing but hurt and shun him, and yet Qui-Gon continued to try and bridge the gap between them.

I love that line. :( Speaks so well of Qui-Gon.

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Diane Poor Qui has too many things going on right now. Anakin being one of them. :(

Kynstar The difference is, I prefer my darksiders to be fairly young and not have one foot in the grave. :p

Noi The warning comes too late. [face_worried]

ts Vos knows Jinn is the last obstacle that's keeping Eitan from falling completely. :_|

Altaira Jinn is trying to reach through those shields Eitan's built. Tough task. :(

PK Chilling is good! :D

VL Vos is feeling pretty confident right now. :mad:

darshaassant Welcome! Thanks for trying this fic out.

Jade I decided I'd try to cut the guy some slack for once. ;) Blame Shaindl for this scene though. :D

Chapter Twenty-Six

Eitan stormed into the room assigned to him on this mission, his robe tossed on the couch without a glance. Halting before an ornately decorated side table, he poured himself a generous measure of blue liquor, tossing it back in a single swallow. Setting the glass down with a dull thud, he leaned over as the liquid burned a path down his throat into his stomach where it continued to warm him.

Wiping away the residual moisture left on his lips with the back of one hand, the other unclipped the comlink from his utility belt. Trembling fingers punched in a frequency, his features tightening into lines of anxiety as he awaited a response. His mind replayed his conversation with Master Vos like a skipping holo in the interim. The Jedi Master had insisted on accompanying him to his ship, waiting until the last possible moment before springing his latest surprise on an unsuspecting Eitan.

Eitan could recall with vivid detail the almost manic light that had briefly glistened in deep blue eyes as Vos had informed him calmly and unemotionally that he?d ordered Maul to eliminate Qui-Gon Jinn. After the initial shock had worn off, Eitan had been quick to demand the reason. Vos, of course, had been vague, stating only that Jinn had begun to display an unhealthy curiosity in Vos and his doings. He was rapidly becoming an obstacle they could no longer ignore.

No amount of pleading or angered words of disagreement had been able to sway the Dark Jedi?s mind. He?d reminded Eitan in a cold tone that he was in charge and his word was law. Jinn must be taken out. Any further protests Eitan may have made were lost when the subject of their discussion had suddenly appeared directly in front of them. Guilt and remorse had flooded him as Master Qui-Gon had yet again offered him nothing but affection and kindness.

Eyes falling shut in agony, Eitan could still picture the two Jedi Masters standing side-by-side watching him with vastly differing expressions on their faces. Master Vos had eyed him with a look of warning mixed with disapproval for his emotional reaction to the news of Jinn?s fate. Master Qui-Gon?s had reflected his constant and steadfast compassion and worry for Eitan. It was difficult to imagine how two Jedi who had grown up the same way could become so vastly different in their views and thinking.

"Minh."

Static proceeded the voice coming from the comlink, causing Eitan to start in surprise.

"Ki..." He was forced to break off and take a few seconds to regroup. "Have you discovered anything about Master Jinn?s mission?"

"He and Padawan Kenobi were sent to the Naboo system to confront Nute Gunray. For some reason the Trade Federation has set up a blockade." There was a brief pause before the young Knight continued. "I?ve tried several times to contact them but transmissions to the planet are being blocked."

Eitan?s legs grew weak at the news, forcing him to take a seat in the nearest chair. "And this Maul?"

He could almost feel the younger man?s trepidation through the comlink. "None of our sources have been able to locate him. I?ve ordered them to keep looking. Master Eitan?. Is there anything else I can do on this end?"

"No." The word was a mere whisper of sound. "Keep me posted if anything turns up. And

19. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Eitan! :_| He tried...he did try to get a hold of them...

I always thought that was the reason too, why Qui raced ahead - was to protect Obi. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that too! [face_love]

Poor man...one has to ponder at all the last thoughts running thru his head as his dying breath called for Obi to train the kid...

Great job!! The angst was there...and when Eitan finds out that Vos' mission was successful :( poor man...

20. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    Qui's dead????!!! *faints*

21. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    It's so sad that there was so little time for Qui-Gon and so much to say. I liked the Qui-Gon pov. ;)

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Kyn I've always thought maybe Jinn was deperate to protect Obi. :) Eitan is far from pleased when he finds out.

darshaassant I'm afraid Jinn's death at Maul's hands is as close as this fic and the series come to canon. :D

Noi Thanks. :) It was actually fairly easy doing this from Jinn's POV. :eek:

I think I may be able to tie this up in a few posts. I'll take you to just before the scene in Live What You Learn when Obi is confronted with Eitan in the cantina.

Chapter Twenty-Seven

The moment his feet hit the ground, Eitan knew his worst nightmares had come true. A thick pall hung over the Jedi Temple docking bay, the technicians wearing solemn expressions as they methodically went about their business. His knuckles turning bone white from the death grip he held on his travel bag, Eitan forced his legs to carry him toward the figure who stood awaiting with an equally grave expression.

Kiran waited until his friend reached his side before wrapping a firm hand around Eitan?s arm. No words were exchanged as he guided the Knight toward his rooms, never relinquishing his hold. Once inside the stark apartment, Kiran pushed Eitan into a chair before staring down at him with obvious dread. The silence soon grew to be too much and the older man shot his friend a dark glare.

"Just say it!"

A deep breath proceeded Kiran?s announcement. "Master Qui-Gon is dead."

Eitan merely blinked once in reaction. There was a roaring in his ears that drowned out both the muted noise coming from outside the window and the quiet hum of the air conditioning unit. Although he?d been well informed of Vos?s plans, a part of him had held out hope that he?d be able to avert the disaster. As usual, he?d failed.

"Maul." It was more a statement than a question, leaving Kiran with no need to respond.

"Kenobi has been knighted." Kiran watched helplessly as Eitan buried his face in his hands. "There are already rumors swirling that the Council may allow him to train the boy."

Eitan?s response when it came carried a wealth of despair that made the younger man wince in sympathy. "I never wanted this."

Kiran was silent for a few beats as he carefully formed his thoughts. "I know. Master Vos may have had good intentions when this all began, but he?s left them behind. He?s only doing this in order to gain power, surely you can see that now, Master Eitan. Don?t allow yourself to be drawn in any further. This is your chance to get out and do what?s right for the Order."

Hands falling to hang limply in between his knees, Eitan lifted a tortured look toward his young friend. "It?s too late. I?m already in too deeply, Ki."

The younger man opened his mouth to argue but was stalled by an upraised hand.

"I don?t always agree with the tactics he employs in order to achieve our goal, but I still believe strongly in the basic premise of what he?s fighting for. The current Council is weak and allowing the Jedi to become mere lapdogs for the Chancellor and the Senate."

Kiran?s mouth snapped close, his pale eyes widening in amazement. "How can you sit there and say that, knowing he had a fellow Jedi murdered for no reason other than he questioned him? On top of that, a man whom you cared about very deeply?"

"Can?t you see that I have no choice?" His anguished cry echoing back to mock him, Eitan was unable to bear the younger man?s disapproving stare. "I intend to keep a closer eye on him. I have to maintain the appearance of devoted servant on the surface or risk being eliminated myself. I?ve suspected for awhile now that he has someone keeping tabs on me, just waiting for me to slip up."

"Who?" Kiran inquired with a mixture of concern and outrage.

"I don?t know, although I suspect it?s either a senior padawan or a newly minted knight."

Shaking his head in bemusement, Kiran eyed his friend solemnly. "He seems to be unusually interested in this slave boy from Tatooine. He ordered an extensive background search as soon as Master Tiin informed him of the boy?s supposedly impres

23. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... *faints*

Poor poor pooor pooooor poooooooor Eitan..... I don't know why I think of Ki-adi- Mundi whenever I see Ki.... Instead of Kiran...

24. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    That was a rough couple posts. Those around Eitan don?t live very long. :( I love Ki?s loyalty to him. Knowing the other story, Kiran was likely Eitan?s only hope. Wonderful tie ins of all we know.

I liked sharing in Qui?s short dying thoughts, He would have followed the Force for what was most important (too bad for our Obi?s peace of mind though). Even though Eitan tried to do something to help Qui, it makes me wonder how many he would allow to be sacrificed for the master plan. Just thinking about the future for him makes it all deeper and more felt. [face_worried]

You doing a great, gloomy job with Eitan and his feelings of having no choices. Repeats, glad Kiran stayed with him. [:D]

25. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    I can see how Eitan would feel trapped. I'm glad Kiran is there for him and determined to help him along the right path.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.