main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA On Collecting: "A collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    My collection is pretty much in chaos at the moment, that is for sure....

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I need a week to reorganize and catalog. I would also need for the roommate to be away because if I were to do it right I would have to take over every inch of the floor and all the chairs.

3. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    It's just plain chaos. I just started collecting and I have it falling out of my single Rubbermaid tub. Don't laugh, I just started. And of course I had to keep those Anakin Eggo boxes and the Yoda Frosted Flakes box and the Star Wars fruit snack box and (this is the worst) I kept all the boxes for all the toys the padawans got for Christmas! I have articles from the newspaper and I love magazines. Are all of the rest of you seasoned collectors getting a good deal on tubs somewhere?! Let me know so I can make my garage look even more like a bomb went off.

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I need some tubs. I need to get organized.

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    My wife claims I have over 50 tubs (66 quart). I really want to bring them all home.

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I have to find a good day to sit and drag everything out to catalog.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    We should help each other. We can rotate one weekend we help DH, then JR, and so on. That way I can fondle everyone's stuff.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That sounds like a lot of fun but I may make off with some stuff... [face_whistling] It does sound cool though.

9. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    That is a good idea actually. I did try to catalog my stuff before I put it into storage. But I haven't updated my list since then. That was a year and a half ago.

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    This is truly a great idea! Lord knows I could use the help! What takes the time is to photograph everything.

In my case, I think it would take more than one weekend, though LOL.

As far as tubs go, DM, I got big orange and then red plastic tubs (with lids) at Target right after Halloween and Christmas, respectively. They are huge and were only $3 each. They might be doing that for Easter, I dunno. They go on sale the next day.

However, I only use those for the garage. Everything in my collection room is in banker's boxes. They are the only ones that will fit on the shelves.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Mine are purplish and range between 18 and 24 (?) Gallon Rubbermaid tubs. I need to find some that are big enough to accommodate my Legos.

Speaking of Legos, I have to take down my city tonight. Mr. DH will need the living room tomorrow early and just about all day. :_|

12. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I want to get in on the collection-fondling (lovingly, of course) too!
    :)

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well today I received my GG Lando in Skiff disguise bust and my Darth Maul statue. This is why I need to work Saturday (see FIDM thread).

14. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    SR, I just read it and what are you doing awake? Shouldn't you be in bed, getting a good night's rest for work? Shouldn't I be in bed? I can't believe I just ate a bag of the kids' fruit snacks. They are a poor substitute for gummy bears. Gag. They are still stuck in my teeth. I feel like Mr. Ed. What is this thread anyway? Oh yeah, collecting. Sorry to deviate.

15. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I know I've been out of it, but it IS Friday night, isn't it? SR doesn't need to be tucked in early on a Friday night, does he? Well what do I know: I only today found out it was March. When did that happen? :oops:

EDIT: Duh, I just read that FIDM thread. Now I'm in the know. Carry on...

16. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    JB, you poor thing. Get some more rest and pop some vitamin C. SR's not posting because he's probably mad at me for the cuteness thread. It has been March for a few days but I don't believe you've missed anything. In collecting news, I think I should stop because I'm going to have a million Rubbermaid bins in my house. I already have stuff falling out of places I forgot that I even put there. I know I can't be alone in this.

17. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm going to start collecting Rubbermaid bins. Once I've got them all I can start putting them on eBay and selling them to desperate SW fans. But wait that would be wrong. And odd.

18. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    JB, are you cracked-out on cough medicine again? :p

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That's real funny JB. Would you give me a discount on your tubs? I'm going to start the refinishing project of two pieces of furniture I got recently. When they are done I will have a new home for my GG stuff. I'm also going to move the Unleashed stuff out of the hallway and into my room. I want to start using that shelving area for something else though I don't know what. Probably books and family photos.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JB, that was a funny post. Funny, sick, wrong but oh so true.

SR, I really want to see your collection when you have it properly displayed. I'm so jealous.

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Heh! I'm glad no-one took offense -- I was just being silly, and no, no cough meds, either (I only take aspirin, unless prescribed something by a physician, because I'm just funny that way). I have started to feel human again but am still taking it easy today. I will stay home and watch Oscar-stuff and drink tea so I can go back to work tomorrow. How does that relate to collecting? Hmmmm....oh yeah, I need money to buy things: there are still quite a few Yoda items out there that I don't have. Luckily I limit my SW collecting now so only old college papers and stuff has to go into tubs.

22. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm posting this in here because y'all might be interested...in my collection.

If everything works out, I'M MOVING!!!! From National Blvd. to Sawtelle Blvd, maybe two miles away. Anyway, my room will be smaller (less room for *stuff*), and rent is $200 more a month, but not only will I only have one roommate (who seems nice), but it just may be a livable, real *home* for me while I'm here in LA. I'll also have my own bathroom, and more kitchen and hall storage space, and cable in my room, underground parking, AND will be able to have y'all over, there's a jacuzzi and grills and stuff in the courtyard. Oh yeah, so I'll post a list soon (and pics, hopefully) of all my stuff, and maybe you guys can throw some cash my way in exchange for well-cared-for SW goodies...?

Possibly our April meeting could be at my new place, and we could make a toy party of it....

23. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    party party party

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Oooh, that would be cool, Sara! We'll see how it works out.

25. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Did you say Jacuzzi? Party at ES's new place!!!!

My wife's friend gave me three SW Pez dispensers. Yoda, Deathstar, and I forgot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.