main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA On Collecting: "A collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Got my Yoda saber yesterday. It's slightly smaller than the other MR FXs, and really CUTE!

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    If anyone is interested -- Master Replicas is offering a 20% discount for those who attended the Fan Club Breakfast. It's only good through June 30, and only good on In-Stock merchandise (unfortunately). Be that as it may, the Code is SWFB64.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I bought the GM Tarkin Character Key and etched R2 thingy from Acme Archives. They are both very cool. I'm going to try to complete my collection by getting the ones I did not get previously but will have to go through those ebay vultures. I also bought an R2 flash drive and hoodies for R2 and the other two I have. I sort of regret not getting the Chewie but I already have more flash drives than I could ever use so it's hard to justify the purchase. I also bought several sheets of stamps, two sets of the FDI stamps as well as the poster/FDI stamp sets. I spent way too much money at CIV. Oh, and I got the exclusive figs as well as the Luke fig.

4. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I bought the Space Slug Enviorama from SideShow as well as J_J. It's a pretty nice piece, however, since I'm new to SW collecting, do I just leave it in the box? Do I take it out of the box?

5. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, the box is not much to look at. I am dislpaying it on the top of my computer desk, right next to my MR Jedi Remote.

6. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    that's one of the nice things about the higher end collectibles. You can just put them right back in the box when you need to store them/move them/sell them

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, SJ you may remove it from the box. It can slide right back in whenever.

I bought the following:
    Gentle Giant Commander Gree
    Gentle Giant Darth Malek
    Gentle Giant R2 Yoda Maquette
    Sideshow Space Slug ????? (Actually it's not that bad)
    Hasbro Exclusive Luke (I have two more if anyone missed out and wants one pm me)
    CIV Store Exclusive C3PO/R2 (same as above I have extra)
    CIV T-Shirt
    CIV Hoodie
    CIV Lapel Pin
    CIV Magnet Set

8. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I bought 4 Chewie jackets (three when they were 50% off), five different tees, 2 coffee mugs, one tote bag ($2.50!!!), one magnet set, one large stuffed Yoda, one weird large stuffed Yoda head, Yoda slippers (so cute - squeeeeeee!), a Yoda piggy-bank, a 30th birthday patch, and quite a few of the art prints. No figures!

BTW, FireFox knows that "Yoda" should be capitalized!

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow! Four Chewie jackets! I'm going to JB's for the next ice age! I bought a set of prints from Hans and Richard, the Cross-Section guys. They are pictures of the Falcon, Slave I, an AT-AT, and I forgot what the last one is. Oh, that's right, a sandcrawler. I would have liked to have bought some from the artist who did the badges but ran out of money and time, really, though I guess I could have gotten them on Monday. Oh well...

10. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    The last three Chewie jackets were bought on Monday at half off, for BeSo, my ex, and my Padawan. But boy were they happy! It gave me great happiness to give those gifts! :)

11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    SR, I liked that Yoda R2 Marquette. I was thinking about it, but was it a convention exclusive as well? I saw it on the GG website but I don't recall if it's an exclusive. Thanks for the tip. I'm really "monkish" when it comes to taking things out of the original packaging. It's just something that's been ingrained in me.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    The Yoda/R2 Maquette is an exclusive though I don't know if it sold out or not.

13. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I got the MFalcon cross-section print, too. Also bought their Complete Vehicle Cross-section book and had them both sign it. I hadn't really planned on buying any art, but when I saw the print from the guy who did the badges (Jake?), I had to get it. Can't wait to get it framed and up in my livingroom! I really wanted the print of Luke in his X-Wing suit with his saber and the fireball behind him. Like many of us, I ran out of money. :(

14. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    As SJ mentioned, I purchased the Sideshow Sapce Slug Diorama as well, and I absolutetly adore it! It is now my favorite sculpture. It sits right next to my scaled C-3PO head, now signed by Anthony Daniels, who thought it was a bit scary that I could quote his entire opening monolgue from ANH with such precision. (although he did guide me on the proper vocal inflection!)

15. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Now that I look at the box and all, it really is a cool piece. Thanks J_J for support!

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I had only reserved Cat's Rebel recruitment print, but when I got there I remembered how much I liked quite a few of them, so I bought Adam's, Allison's, Mike's, and that Luke print too. JF77 -- there were postcards available of that image! I guess you didn't see those... :( I bought them, but they were for my Padawan. Maybe the artist has them on his website?

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So I'm in Target today buying a water purifier thingy and I walk over to the toy section just to look. I then ended up buying the two of the comic two packs. The exact same one that has Quinlan Vos in it. He was one of my favorite characters in the comics. I hope he has a role in the new cartoon.

18. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I was just at Target too! Didn't buy any toys...just more bins for my crafty stuff...

19. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    In case ya missed my comment in the wrong place, I'm wondering if anyone got an extra set of con badges you could sell me...I haven't gotten either of the other Celebrations' sets I attended, but I kind of wanted to this time, and it seems I may have missed whenever starwarsshop.com actually was selling them. :( If the store actually had them the last day of the con, I'll be pissed, 'cause the dude working in the randomly set-up Exhibitors Hall branch of the store said they weren't selling them this time. (but later a Spanish dude said starwarsshop would sell 'em...)

It isn't the end of the world. :)

Oh hey, same goes, I suppose, for CII and CIII badge sets.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    As far as I can tell they did not offer the set of badges for CIV but I may be wrong (that happens more than I can say). I went to Target this weekend also and bought a slew of Galactic Heroes figs and some other figs. I spent too much money.

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't think they sold the bages either. I never saw them there and they weren't in the publication. Check ebay. There were many many badges. They probably aren't selling them just because there were so many. I did well myself with three.

I wouldn't have purchased any figure except that it was Quinlan.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    ES, I can send you a Friday pass. I bought two, one of my padawan and one for Mr. DH. I'd like to keep one but the other is yours if you'd like. I'm going to try to see if I can get a VIP pass too.

23. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm a little bored today, and I just realized I haven't posted what I got at CIV. I didn't go overboard this time:

CIV Black Hoodie
    CIV Black Darth Vader T-shirt
    CIV Magnet Set (50% off)
    CIV Messenger Bag (50% off)
    4 CIV McQuarrie R2-D2 and C-3PO figures
    2 Hasbro McQuarrie Luke Skywalker figures
    A bag full of junk from the Star Wars breakfast
    Pair of Yoda Slippers (for my wife)
    Yoda Golf Head Cover

From Japan, from my wife:
    Kubrick Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot figure
    Kubrick Sprit of Anakin Skywalker figure
    A bear that looks like a Stormtrooper phone strap
    A bear that looks like Darth Vader phone strap

24. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    SR, I'm sooo jealous that I didn't get the Yoda and R2 marquette. It was a show exclusive and I missed out on it. When you're ready to give up collecting, I'll buy it from you. If you decide to stop collecting one day.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    SJ, try GG's website. I don't think that was the big seller at least not as big as Gree. Then of coarse there is always ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.