main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA On Collecting: "A collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah I felt kind of silly running to the Hasbro line both Thursday and Friday at CIV, waiting and waiting just to then see people on Sunday and Monday walk right up to the counter and buy them. I don't think action figures are ever going to be hot again unless it is a variant. Like they packaged the first 100 without a weopon or something different.

What I want so badly now and I need your guys to help me not buy it is the GG Neyo. He is going for $300 on ebay right now. Just 800 were made and sold in Japan at Blisters. JR, does YG have a connection?

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Blister is that store I was talking about! We happened upon it while walking in Shibuya, a town in Tokyo. It's an awesome store! But if there are only 800 of those only sold at that store, then it's probably sold out. I can ask my wife to see if one of her friends can go check.

EDIT: I checked their website, and it's not listed, which leads me to believe it's sold out. At that point, we can't help too much. None of my wife's friends are SW collectors, so they wouldn't know where to go to get it second-hand. But I'll ask her anyway.

I picked up the Vintage Snowtrooper. I'll give you call if I come across another one. There were some at my local Target the other day (I was picking up wee-pads for the dog). I'm planning to go again today anyway, it's really close, only a few blocks.

3. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I do want to purchase the Hasbro Comic Con exclusive
    RT-KT and the McQuarrie figure
    --- but don't think I can go.

Has anyone seen an announcement if Hasbro is going to sell them online?

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    JV, let me know what you want from the CC and I can pick it up for you.

5. vampireanneke

vampireanneke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm going to be clearing out some of my star wars stuff. I have a ton of unopened Phantom Menance figures mostly. So if there are any your looking for, send me a private message.

-Anneke

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, I'm all moved in LOL. Except for having to re-organize my collection room. The room I'm using here isn't quite as large, so I have had to be creative.

Thought you'd like to see what a wall of SW books looks like. This is in the living room. The fiction occupies the two top rows, and nonfiction the next two. Then I've put my QA/Padme action figures on the bottom. The bookcase itself is 7.5' long and 6.5' high, and it's three feet off the ground.

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/House008.jpg]

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Very nice!!! It must feel great to finally get all the moving done! How's Fred?

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, I'm hasketting this thread. Fred is fine. Here is a picture:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/House007.jpg]

I was putting the bed skirt on my bed, and had no place to put the mattress except where Fred was sleeping. So I laid it down on top of him. He never woke up. That's pretty much all he does anymore is sleep, just like the cats.

OK, back on topic now.

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That picture is sweet! I'm glad he's okay.

Are you able to display more of your collection in your new place?

10. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I love the SW book wall! Very creatively arranged, too! I can't believe you're already moved it! We've still got boxes to unpack...[face_blush]

[:D]to Fred! He's so lubbable!

Thanks, Anneke for your kind offer, but I have tubs of the same SW stuff in storage. Someday I need to go through it and purge too!

11. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Quite a few things, happily. I'll have to take pictures of that, too :). It is definitely a Star Wars house now!

My next project after I get a job is to frame all the autographed pictures I have.

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Nice wall VK!! That's a lot of books. I only have 3/4 of a shelf of books. I just added two more shelves to my Star Wars room. That room is almost maxed out.

You put your mattress on top of Fred?

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, I'll post a few more pictures. This is the entertainment center in the living room:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/IMG_0776.jpg] [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/IMG_0777.jpg]

On the left side in the top cabinet are my three collectible LOTR movie sets (I know - sacrilege! :)). Underneath that is my EP III 3D movie poster and my assembled Padme blaster with corresponding picture. Yoda is sitting on the speaker. Above the TV (and yes, my friends who own this house left that behind) is the interactive R2, a barely to be seen QG and Padme set (rare), my Amidala lunch box and this year's SW calendar. In the cabinet next to that is my FAO Schwartz QA doll in her Celebration gown, Yoda holding up the clock, the big Attakus PA figure and a sitting QA with mini clock. Sitting on top of the TV is the collectible Tim Zahn audio boxed set of Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command, complete with Aluminum Falcon [face_mischief] medallion. Finally, the last cabinet contains my Tudor figurine and other QA/Padme figures including the Limoges box, Padme maquette and Catherine Baumann purse. The white box contains the (rather striking) wooden box that holds the collector pin set of the SW stamps that just came out. I have #1 of 400 <g>. Finally, below the cabinet are all the SW DVDs, audio books (like the original radio dramas) and VHS tapes I have. It's nice to be able to put some things out.

Finally, here's my Mark Hamill X-Wing on the dining room table:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/IMG_0780.jpg]

Edited to add one more picture. I have this out in front of the house overlooking the avocado grove:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/House010.jpg]

I think that's enough pictures.

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Only for a few minutes while I put the bed skirt on. He never even noticed LOL. He is kind of out of it most times. Although he has made note of the baby owl that lives outside. I didn't think his eyes were all that good, but he can see that owl up on its nest!

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm jealous. I get a Star Wars room, but you have a Star Wars house!!

16. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Thank you JF77 - you are most kind!!
    Much appreciated! :)

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I have the Timothy Zahn set. Picked it up at Pic 'n Save years ago. Your's is only the second one I've ever seen. Cool!

Please tell me about your Mark Hamill X-Wing. Did he sign it or what???

Your collection looks great! Isn't it wonderful to be able to have some of it out to enjoy!

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    It is fun to have some room.

The X-Wing is the Code 3 Collectibles edition (mine is #266 of 1,000) with his signature on an engraved plate, he didn't sign it personally. But I use it to gauge all the Mark Hamill signatures I've seen, figuring it's a good guide :).

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Impressive VK most impressive.

I want to build something that my GG busts and statues would fit in. I'm also running out of room on the bookcase as well.

20. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    VK,
    Awesome collection!!!! Very nicely arranged too! Like JR, I wish I had an extra room for all my Star Wars stuff. Oh well.

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Since the padawan moved out, I actually have a whole house to decorate as I SW as I want. (I got the eye roll thing from the teen, so I held off putting too much out) Now, I'm in the middle of a slight house remodel, so, once again, I'm holding off... but watch out once I'm done!! That being said, I'm gonna need decorative help as I have NO talent in that area! I want it to look good, not like a toy store exploded in my livingroom!

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    SR, I've looked for the Vintage Snowtrooper, and I can't find it! That must be the obligatory "hard to find" figure of the new Vintage collection. I've found every other figure but that one. I'll keep looking though. We got to Target/Walmart several times a week.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks JR, I need it as a model for the costume.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well I won an auction last night for Commander Cody from GG. It's the Comic Con exclusive. I paid a pretty penny for it about three times more than the actual price. Oh well I wanted it and I'm also going to get Neyo too I just need to save a bit for him before buying it on ebay as well. But I must have the set of Clone Commanders. I have Gree already.

The good thing about the auction I won last night is that the seller is from Sherman Oaks just down the street so I save on shipping as I can just pick it up.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Double Post:

VK, I saw this and thought of you. Do you own it yet? It looks really nice.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/20070621_palmer_2_bg.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.