main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA On Collecting: "A collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes, I was the first purchaser at C-IV LOL. The sketch book that came with it is fantastic, too. Jason is an awesome artist. I own three more of his Padme prints; they are the first things going up on the wall in the collection room :).

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Of coarse you were. What was I thinking? I think it looks nice very well done.

3. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Hasbro online is selling the CIV luke figure.
    If anybody is still interested.
    (Better price than eBay...)

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    At Dland this weekend, I got some Star Wars pins, but I can't remember what was on most except I remember a spudtrooper, a Jedi Training Academy, and I don't remember what else.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I was going to buy a pin along witht he Snowtrooper vintage figure but I wanted to wait till the end of the day so I wouldn't have to carry them around. Well, by the time we finished I was so tired I couldn't even think about buying anything. All I wanted to do was go to sleep.

Next time.

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    At DL on Friday I bought the Mickey as a X-wing Pilot bobble head. It's pretty cool, since I have a rebel pilot costume and all.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We're going back on the 14th, SR, so if you'd like anything let me know.

In the future, to all those who don't want to schlep their stuff around the park, you can always ask them to take your merchandise to the gift store at the park entrance and they will hold it there for you and you can pick it up there when you leave. Disney does their best to help you buy as much as you'd like and not worry about having to drag stuff around with you.

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I remember when I went to Disney World in Florida, you can tell the cashier to send the stuff to your room (if you're staying at any of the Disney hotels/resorts)! I thought that was really cool.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I know about that service, but don't ever use it. I guess I should.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JR is right, if you stay at any of the resort hotels, you can ask them to send all of your purchases to your hotel and you just pick it up from the concierge. You can even have stuff from the World of Disney sent there too. Depending on the time of day you purchase your merchandise, the stuff will either be there late in the day or early the next morning. Disney really doesn't want you keep you from buying anything.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Tragic news!! Entertainment Earth has moved from the San Fernando Valley to Central TEXAS!!!!!! Everything that I've ordered will now have to be shipped to me. I loved going to that store off Raymer and Coldwater.

:_|

12. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    About time I posted in here, I suppose. I'm not a collector, perse, as I don't keep anything for value or keep it in mint condition, but I buy a lot of stuff for personal enjoyment. Nothing too valuable, just lots of merchandise. Must have spent near a thousand dollars over the past ten years on Star Wars stuff.:D

Lemme think about my collection...
    Eighty something books, about a dozen video games, twenty-something action figures, several old micro machines sets, five toy lightsabers (I don't have the money for the Master Replicas ones.), three store-bought costumes and one rudimentary costume I made for my own SWG character back when I played it, three t-shirts, a pillow, and of course the moves. ^_^

I can make up a complete list, but it would take awhile and I'm lazy.[face_laugh]

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm going to take your age into account here, knowing that with time and money comes a larger collection. If ever you want to see a really big collection see JR, DH, or myself for an encompassing collection (though in recent years I've only stuck with Gentle Giant) or VK or JB for collections based on one character VK for Padme and JB for Yoda.

You know you have a problem when you have to have an entire room devoted to the collection or you have to rent a storage unit just to hold it all.

14. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    MZ--you're doing well if you only have 3 t-shirts!! I tried to think of how many SW shirts I have once and gave up. It's gotta be around 20. Or more. :/ I only have a few books (the movies' novelizations and a handful of others), a bunch of action figs (30?? Just a wild guess), three copies of the OT (2 vhs and the first dvd set), 3 toy lightsabers (like you, the MRs were too rich for my blood, though really cool-looking!), my costume, and various other toys (PEZ dispensers, BK toys, tableware, yadda yadda yadda...). It's definitely a problem and I'm doing my best to only go that far with SW (and have scaled that back a lot too in the last few years), resisting buying tons of HP crap and such!

Like SR said, you should see all their collections if you get the chance. They've each got some really COOL stuff!

15. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I must have an over-the-top issue!! I've got one room devoted to SW and I have many of my nicer pieces in the livingroom and there's the art on the walls and.... I've got numerous boxes out in my shed full of SW and ST paraphernalia.

My mom (who thinks I'm a complete luni 8-} ) says that my entire collection is my 401k. To me, it's therapy!

16. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Oh, thanks for reminding me JF! I also have about half a dozen posters.[face_laugh]

Thanks for the feedback SR and ES. Hopefully I'll get to see everyone's collection real soon. Until then, I'll keep expanding at my slow, steady pace.[face_laugh]

17. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Just got a really nice bonus from work. So, what should i get?

18. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm not going to bother reading through the entire thread...what are you interested in?

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Is that where they went? Damn, I knew they were moving, but didn't realize it was so far away. Wow.

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    And in regards to collection rooms, anytime anybody wants to come see mine, feel free. You will like visiting out here in the boonies. If you like the quiet, that is.

I am in the midst of cataloging my card collection. HA HA HA I must have been nuts.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah, I've got hundreds of figures, about a dozen posters or more, dozens of plushes, games, books (though they are primarily the "technical" books and the novelizations, I can't get into the EU), bobble heads, Legos, pens, enough shirts to fill a good sized Rubbermaid container, half a dozen sweatshirts, only two MR sabers (I can't justify the cost and space issue), a RFT MR blaster (very cool), other blasters and costume stuff. Too much to really list but I totally agree with SR, with time and money, MZ's collection will grow.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So today, I picked up two pins from Dland, Minnie as Leia and a Spud R2.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well today I read on SW.com that tomorrow you can order a Gentle Giant exclusive from SWS.com if you are a Hyperspace member. It is the Mace Windu done in the Clone Wars cartoon style and it will be the last of that line made. There are only 1000 being made. I must have one! The only bad thing is that SW.com didn't say at what time you would be able to order them. It just said starting Friday. I'll have to research this more.

In other news I saw a photo of the newest wave of Hasbro figures. I really wish I had the space and money for those. I do want them I just can't justify them. The latest figures are EU and some are very cool looking. A fem Mandalorian. That's pretty unique and made just for collectors.

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm getting this from Europe via Mission Viejo:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/sohnceprintwebiz2.jpg]

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I need to get the Commander Bly GG bust exclusive for CE and the Commander Neyo bust from Japan. Both are running at about $300 each right now. I can't justify it now.

Nice find VK. The only thing missing from your Padme collection is Natalie Portman herself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.