main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA On Collecting: "A collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    VK, I just saw your post with your Japanese toy hook up. And I'm wondering if that person can give you an inventory of what he carries, or just a sample of stuff that person has. I have some specific items I'm looking for and planning to purchase. Please PM with the info please? Thanks! I'll have that old skool FamiCom SW game pic up soon.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    StarWarsShop.com has some very cool t-shirts for sale now. You can personalize them (to some extent). I've already gotten the Coruscant one, and also one with the big Star Wars logo that says "LLAIAGFFA." I'm going to order more :). I love t-shirts.

Also, they come very quickly (because they're being sent from zazzle.com, not SWS LOL).

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I just got a ringer t-shirt myself. It has a cartoonish Stormtrooper on the front with the phrase "my other shirt is armor" and I put my TK number on the back which is 3959.

4. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    I'm sorry, this is LAME.

I want a shirt that has the Clone Wars character design of Mace Windu (they have a bunch and they're cool, definitely doable) with one of these slogans on it:

B.M.F.
    One man army!
    "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
    "Oh I'm sorry...did I break your concentration?"
    Layin' the smack down!
    Mace Windu is my homeboy.
    Mace Windu has a posse.

Unfortunately, you can't specify your own slogans. At least I couldn't figure out how to do it. I know that Lucasfilm probably doesn't like people walking around with out-and-out obscenities on T-shirts. But none of these are directly obscene. Sure, we all know what B.M.F. stands for, but it's not like putting the whole phrase on the T-shirt.

If you can specify a number on the shirt you could specify a whole phrase. I'm not buying that excuse.

It's not like I'm asking them to put "I want those m-f snakes off that m-f plane!" on the shirt. :p Wusses.

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Mr. DH bought me the droid sets. I think each comes with 5 or 6 droids. Pretty cool!

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yesterday I got two books from my brother and sister. They were the Star Wars Chronicles Prequel book and the Star Wars Poster book. I have not opened the Chronicles book yet but the poster one is pretty cool.

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow, those are nice presents! Both books are very cool.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I got my shirt today from SW.com. It looks pretty darn cool I will wear it with pride. I also got a patch from the SoCal 501st.

9. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I finally got my replica jappor snippet...it's very nice! And I got it cheaper than it normally is.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It's funny that SR says he will wear his new shirt with pride when he usually doesn't like to wear t-shirts with logos on them. Of course any Star Wars shirt is a great shirt.

Yeah for APL! I'm glad you got one.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Right you are DH, I would only wear the shirt in Geek company. Though I did wear a Yoda shirt on Saturday. I went to places all over LA looking for ABS glue #2771. No place had it but I had that shirt on.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Today I got my Skywalker Ranch t-shirt and the series 2 Star Wars magnet set.

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I got my Skywalker t-shirt too! I am going to order my Padme shirts today. Have been resisting, don't know why, but today's the day.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Do I need a Skywalker Ranch shirt? I haven't bought anything in a while. I really haven't seen anything to buy. My Target is always empty except for old stuff.

I'm going to work more on my armor today.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I just received word from EE that my Emperor Mini Bust and my Luke on Tauntaun statue have come in.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    The Easter bunny brought me Star Wars minatures for that RPG. Pretty cool figs. I will probably set up some scene with my little guys. Oh, and I got a set of SW Lego Magnets to put up on my cubicle bookcase.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    DH, you have to have more stuff than me now! I don't think I will make it to EE until Thursday. I have carpooling the next two days and I can't make the detour and still get to work on time.

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Hey, SR, EE is having a big, big sale right now! Did you get that e-mail? Lots of SW stuff on sale, for huge discounts.
    It ends today!. The link is Entertainment Earth.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks VK, oh yes I got that email. Funny thing is that I have most of the things they have on sale. Maybe that's not really funny but more sad.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    This should also go in the complaints thread but since it is about EE I will put it here.

I have spent a lot, I repeat, a lot of money over the past four years at EE. I don't expect a red carpet when I show up but I do think I deserve a bit of respect. When I place my orders I always check will call and then when the item arrives they send me an email telling me to pick them up. The email says that I can come anytime between the hours of 7am and 5:30pm. Today I show up at 7:10am and the door is locked. A woman working the front desk walked over and said through the glass, "We really aren't open till 8". I wanted to say "Well you really need to change your email then". But I was calm.

I remember when Serena used to work there everyone in the office knew my name and it was a very friendly environment. Now it's like get your stuff and leave. I'm thinking about writing the owners and letting them know that the level of customer service has gone way down.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Poor SR. I feel for you. It's always hard when you've been treated really well then things go sour.

Today, I bought from my co-worker, the following Saga figs, Grievous, Fireshooter pilot (or something like that), Holo Ki-Adi, and something else but I don't remember what.

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Have you guys seen these:
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/sw_bobbud_vader.jpg]

Star Wars bobble heads. They're $19.99 each. This one plus a Clone Trooper, Yoda, 3PO, R2, DV, Grevious. The Grevious one is cool, too.

23. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Those are cool. I got a couple of the Transformers ones a while back, Optimus Prime and the Decepticon leader, can't think of his name at the moment, good quality too.

Anybody see the new Hyperspace Kits? I was underwhelmed by them, wish they'd do something more for the money.

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I just picked up my wife who just arrived from Japan. She bought me the action figure sized remote controlled R2-Q5, a Darth Vader phone strap and an R2-D2 phone strap! My wife is the best.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I have seen the bobble heads though I think I'll pass. JR, glad to hear YG made it back safely and with gifts for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.