main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA On Collecting: "A collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I forgot to mention that thanks to the heads-up from APL, and the generosity of SR (since I had to miss SW day), I am now the proud owner of one of those Yodas pictured above! =D=

Aaaaannnd, (this should really go in that old eBay complaints thread but) I, on Thursday, won my "Holy Grail" of Yoda collectibles: the life-size Choda Yoda (the original, and still the best)!!! I'd put in a low "place-holder" bid on it and forgotten about it. I've had no hope lately because of that crazy guy who's been buying all of them. But, maybe because the auction ended in the middle of the day, there wasn't much bidding on it and I won! At less than half the price I was offering for the last one up for auction where crazy guy got into a bidding war with me! And this one is in pristine condition -- still in his original box! I still can hardly believe it -- he's due to arrive next week. I can hardly wait to see him! [face_dancing]

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    This is terrific news, JB! I love it when a plan comes together... :)

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    This is why you weren't meant for the other ones JB. Something even better was just around the corner.

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Excellent JB!

I got a remote controlled R2-D2 from my wife's friends from Japan. It's used and I have never seen one before. It's about 6" tall, the remote looks slightly like a lightsaber, but not really and it's wired into R2, it's not radio controlled. He moves around pretty quickly and makes R2 noises. It's cool.. I'm happy to receive it. R2 is my favorite character, in case you were wondering. I also like Darth Maul, because he is the most intriguing charcter, and Ray Park is awesome. A month ago, I received one and a half boxes from Japan full of SW stuff. Mostly Episode III figures that I already had, a Boga figure with Obi Wan, a Japanese ROTS Program, a SW companion book (tells the history of SW movies and about all the aspects of Star Wars, including fandom and collecting), SW comic books, and some other stuff I don't remember. It's all really cool. It's funny, when people know you're a collector, they just start giving stuff to you.

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah JB! It's so nice when things work out for the best.

I recently got, through a very good friend, a bunch of Legos, including a "smaller" Star Destroyer, to go with my big one, and Jabba's Sail Barge. Yeah for Legos!

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I haven't seen the sail barge. That would be cool I think. I didn't collect anything over the weekend but some comics all were X-Men though.

7. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I bought Star Wars Legacy issue 1 today. The storyline looks interesting (despite the fact I haven't read or know too much about stuff before it Yhuzoon Vong etc) and I can start from the "beginning." So here I go...collecting some comics.

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Found new Titanium Series die-casts:
    Rebublic Cruiser
    Luke's Speeder Bike.

I also picked up the Superman Returns soundtrack which does have music from the original John WIlliams score.

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    It is an interesting series, IMO. Plus, Jan is just the best artist. The second in the series comes out next week.

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Got these in the mail today:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/PadmeFanClub.jpg]

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/FanClub.jpg]

The membership card looks much better than it does in my lousy picture. Same thing for the poster.

I think they are very cool :).

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JB mentioned getting her fan club stuff in the mail. I don't know if I'm due mine or not seems like I just got stuff not too long ago. I did get a book today, Legacy of the Force Betrayal.

Pretty cool for you VK that Padme was the focus of that poster.

12. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I want my fan club membership kit!!! Waaaaah!!! :_|

13. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I received my George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise mail-away figure yesterday. I came all smashed, even though it was in a "protective case". I was sad.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sorry to hear that JR. That sucks.

I preordered last night my Gentle Giant Comic Con Exclusive.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/20060621_7_bg.jpg]

He is all mine now.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok it really upsets me that I didn't finish getting all the ROTS line of action figures and that I haven't gotten any of the new Saga figures and that they are going to show new packaging for the Hasbro stuff for next year's 2007 line which I won't get as well. I want more money and space!

But in good news and in keeping with only getting Gentle Giant stuff I can now add Qui Gon Jinn to my collection.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/quigon.jpg]

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok so I was at Target on Monday buying a toaster. It's real cute by the way. While I was there I picked up four of the unique Saga figures. Ones that have new sculpts or never sculpted at all. No more Saga I Han figures for me. I think that sculpt is on six different cards in all.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I got the Hasbro 501st fig from my co-worker at Comic-Con and the Gentle Giant Stormtrooper also.

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Received from my co-worker today who's a friend of George's personal chef - they went to the Ranch on Monday:
    • Two brown Skywalker Ranch General Store bags

• Postcards of the main building, the Skywalker Sound building and the Guest Inn

• Stickers of Yoda made for Return of the Jedi -- these are lying around in the basement so he picked some up for me. One of them is yours, JB!

• Lucasfilm light pen that lights up bright red, with the Skywalker logo

• Lucasfilm Robot Book Light -- this is the coolest thing. It opens and turns on by itself with a push of a button. Ditto with the Skywalker logo

• Skywalker Ranch black t-shirt

• Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom patches

Coolest thing is that he and his friends drove around in a certain someone's Porsche Cayenne all weekend.

19. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I got 2 gold TIE advances
    a 501st Stormtrooper

These are my first SW purchases in a while. I last got the FamiCom (Japan Nintendo) SW game. I was super close to getting the mpire christmas ornaments from CC from a vendor, but I didn't have enough on my card to get them :_|

VK, if you can get me a Skywalker Ranch bottle of wine, I'm willing to pay you for it.

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, don't have any extra at the moment. Hopefully they'll come out with a new vintage after the first of the year.

21. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    My other favorite CC toy:
    [image=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l62/bettzysdaddy/Comic%20Con%202006/GloriousGoldenBender1008ComicConpie.jpg]

Cause Bender ROCKS!!!!

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    VK, there was another Padme figure being produced by Hasbro. It is from the Geonosian scene, but before she gets her shirt ripped.

23. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Is that the one that's supposed to be out in September? Or maybe it was December. I forget. At least there's something....

24. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    just got back from my local target. they have saga collection greedo and han solo on sale for $2.98 each!!!!!!!!!

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    VK, you got the coolest stuff! I wish I had such cool connections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.