main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC On Gender, Catfishing and the Internet

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    There's a lot of contradictions in that story to other things that he said.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    S/he might be sick. I don't care. I've been pitying her for years. That pahty is ovah.

Sebulba-X likes this.
  3. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    No I don't think it's necessary to pity psychopaths. They certainly don't pity you.

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Juli.. Newman!

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I think that guy likes to sleep with men.

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Well this makes interesting reading for a newcomer like me!

I've encountered people claiming to be their dead relatives before, they seem to crop up once every couple of years, they're creepy.

I always assume that everyone looks like the WoW guy from South Park.

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Funny thing... in the voicemail, he spent a considerable amount of time and energy assuring somebody that he is... 100%... truthfully... absolutely... swear on his mothers grave... NOT GAY. :p

8. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    We dont believe him! I think this just a gay guy (he claims not to be gay by the way) who wanted to be a woman on the internet. Thats the only way i can imagine why it went on as long as it did.

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    The thing is, we're a very open group of people... it's not like being gay or wanting to be a woman is such a horrible thing. If he would have just been open, he'd be fine... it's aggravating.

10. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Hey, while I'm fat, I'm not THAT fat (I've been trying to lose weight, actually), and I shave, and while I have thinning hair, I don't let the hair I have left grow out to ridiculous lengths (I shave my head occasionally).

In other words, I take care of myself.

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Only talked to her a few times in the Arena. How long ago did you all suspect Juli was a guy?

12. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I keep reading "catfisting" in the title of this thread.

You're welcome.

13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    It does rather shake my faith in the veracity of JCCers. If it ever turns out that Monty already has a yacht, my heart will break in two.@};-

14. imperial_dork

Aug 11, 2003
    Everyone here is already quite aware that I am a bot.

With a penis.

15. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Gonzalogate broke 11/01/2011 [never_forget_[face_flag]] , but stuff was not gellin' way before that.

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah I bet I knew in like 2008-2009. Eethy told me of peoples' suspicions when I started to see some seams myself. Too many cancer victims, mom, her, etc. I started smelling the bull.

17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    For reference: I've said it before in this thread but you might have missed it: no posting of personal logs in public.

18. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Is it bad that I thought the same thing when I saw that picture?

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So -- I've gone through a bit of a rollercoaster reading this thread and the original posts in the comic thread.

I used to be friends with ASG too -- we'd talk about a lot of things. I trusted ASG. As a mod, I went to bat for ASG often -- sometimes engaged in considerable arguments on ASG's behalf. I even had a nickname for ASG. I refuse to use it now, and I refuse to use the false name now.

I suspected things were amiss after all the constant cancer scares, especially since they always seemed timed for attention. This sort of dovetailed with a period where I wasn't in the hat very much, but I was generally very suspicious. I'm sure part of it has to do with things that others had said, too. I was actually in the hat the day of Gonzalogate, but after the actual stuff had went down; people told me about it afterwards. I was shocked, but then also I kind of expected it too. I don't think I was quite "done" with ASG at that point, as I always believe in giving friends the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to explain themselves.

So I guess while reading this, part of me was like "I knew it" but that might just be a defense mechanism. I certainly know that by the end of this thread, I feel really sick. So clearly I wasn't as sure as I thought I was for it to matter like this.

Everyone who's spoken to ASG more than I have and had developed even closer ties, you have my full and complete sympathy.

I just want to say one thing though -- I hope it doesn't cripple the community's ability to trust. One of the best things about the JC is that we're not all just people behind a screen. We've met in person on many occasions, and our interactions take on the format of people who've known each other their whole lives, even on first meetings. I hope not to lose that feeling. Maybe I'm just a trusting person, but I still have faith in my other JCers, particularly the ones I've met in person. I've tried my best to be genuine when interacting socially (as opposed to playing the Jello character on these boards) and I hope that others have too.

MrZAP, Handmaiden Yané, Debo and 9 others like this.
  21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Whatever "Jay." How do I even know if you really are who you SAY you are?

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    'lil Caesar will vouch for me.

23. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    See I wasn't in the hat or privy to all that info. But when Jike (as I'm calling this person now) randomly and out of the blue contacted me in FB last year I had suspicions. The stories were very similar to Tessark- failed pregnancies, abortions and inability to have kids- but I was always very empathetic. I had the suspicion that I was being played so I'm not really surprised to hear the revelation.

What is disgusting is that someone preyed on my empathy (and others') and used my love for my children in an attempt to screw with my emotions. I don't buy for one second that there was a real Juli that died. I'm not losing sleep over it and I know this person is reading this thread now. I just hope that he understands his responsibility on perpetuating this fraud and understands the repercussions and consequences.

With that, I move this into my 'lesson learned' file and put it behind me.

24. imperial_dork

Aug 11, 2003
    I don't care what anyone says, I will never trust that Eeth-my-Koth freak.

The rest of you are cool though.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    He doesn't... he's desperately grasping for ways to explain his way out of it and make it go away. He's more concerned with saving his own ass than with taking any sort of responsibility for anything that he did to others. Others are secondary to him, it appears... what is important is convincing others that he's worthy of their sympathy and approval... and it's too late for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.