main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST On Kylo Ren's fits of rage

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Episode Swag, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    To be fair, there were the two troopers who decided to find other things to do when Ren was getting stroppy so it seems him taking it out on humans isn't completely out of the equation. That said I take it as more of terrible impulse control rather than a moral choice by Ren.

2. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

Anyone who's seen Grandma's Boy should get this

3. RDeckard

RDeckard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Gluten will mess you up.

But seriously, I like the idea that Kylo is not a rehash of Vader. Throughout the OT, Vader displays an overconfidence evident in Luke as well. I love that what makes Kylo so volatile is his fear and anxiety. In the prequels, Lucas tried to portray Anakin as driven to the dark side by fear, but the portrayal was so poor, I never really bought it.

Ceirwyn and Episode Swag like this.
  4. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

This. I just said in another thread that the first "tantrum" we see him have I feel is to redirect his rage so he doesn't have to kill the officer who gave him bad news. Initially. He did force-grab him and then did god knows what after "WHAT GIRL?!", but he thing is that he has moments of taking his anger out on inanimate objects as opposed to living beings. He hesitates to kill whereas Vader would do that first. I never looked at them as silly, even that 2nd one that was portrayed in a humorous light.

Force22 and Episode Swag like this.
  5. stykccl

stykccl Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2015
    Hello
    I dont know if this is the right thread but, i really want to share this
    I actually realy liked Kylo Ren to me he's having a really dificult time in the movie

In the begining he is realy determinated and focused on his task, that's show when he stop that blaster shot
    but as the movie goes on and his search for the droid and then the girl are all ruined i think he starts to question himself about what he's doing.
    Its when he seeks guidance from Vader, and he says that his master see that he is being tempted by the light. He lose focus, determination and became weaker
    When he finally captured Rey and she resisted him, its like "Why i cant do this ? I have all this power but i cant do this."
    Its when come to the point that he kills his father, trying to cease this, cease this weaknes and uncertains that are striking him.
    Then he gets shot, and have to fight, face someone who had brought so much trouble for him all the movie, even tough he had make the 'final' decision killing his father, all the movie looks like this weight on his soulders are just heavier an heavier, untill finally he got defeated. its like too much for him to handle, he lacks the determination to face all of it, to me looks like he always got something holding him.

But in the next one he will have nothing of this i gues, and will come more powerful then ever.
    (sorry for grammar)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.