main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ...on the next Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Oct 2, 2011.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Also the plots are happening concurrently in a single episode that bounces around all the characters as opposed to focusing on just one, which really does feel like the original show a lot that way.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm done with Fateful Consequences. It of course doesn't fix the main problem with Season 4 (the Bluths barely being together) but it flows so much better, although sometimes the recaps seem to go, and go, and go, and... But yeah, it was worth it. Still the weakest season, but much improved.

Oh, the remix also adds some new stuff, presumably cut material reintegrated into the series, including a new iteration of The Sound of Silence, probably my favorite one so far.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    guys.

BigAl6ft6, epic , TCF-1138 and 2 others like this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    God I hope there's a recap for those of us who won't be able to binge the season 4 "remix" before then.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  6. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Still more presidential than Trump. :p

heels1785 likes this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm voting for steve holt.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Lindsay Bluth combines the best[citation needed] traits of Hillary and Trump; how could I vote for anyone else?

DarthIntegral, heels1785 and tom like this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i'm hoping for motherboy XLVIII this season

[​IMG]

Rew likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's as Ann as the nose on plain's face.

BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Figured out had to do the Season 4 remix at about a 6 ep a week pace to get to Season 5.

About 6 eps into the remix and I did notice a great new joke re. bad green screen effect for Lucille II with the narrator saying "She was green at screening witnesses" and the cut-to from Season 3 finale to Season 4 opener with George Michael that the situation "Had so clearly aged the boy". (it's supposed to be hours later but Michael Cera went from late teens to mid 20s in a few shots especially since they intercut it with Season 3).

I do like seeing the plots cut together to you get the feeling that the Bluths are all in on a giant wacky misadventure although I do notice a very heavy usage of recaps from previous episode, maybe only 5 seconds or so, but you really notice it if you happen to be chain-watching the episodes in chunks to get it done before Season 5 hits.

Good recut but really wish they hadn't only given us less than a month to get through it. but the 22 minute per ep helps, I actually hope the new season sticks to that, the show works in zippier formats.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    gah the stair car was in town today and I had no idea :(

BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Its time for A NU START.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i imagine that a lot of them feel an incredible debt to tambor, who was really the only established mainstream comedy star on that show when it launched, and now nearly all of them emerged from AD as mainstream stars themselves - but the stumbling over themselves to excuse him is a really bad look.

i think it's fantastic that jessica walter was having none of that.

Juliet316, Rew and Diggy like this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Alia also comes out well. Hopefully her generation won't put up with such things.

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Verbal harassment is obviously not sexual harassment, but Jessica Walter says she's gotten past it and they were able to work together for Season 5. I've never screamed at any of my co-workers or had them scream at me, but it is jarring and it does take time to work past it. There's no excuse for it, but Jeffrey Tambor apologized.

Speaking of yelling, did Christian Bale ever get in trouble for his verbal harassment of the lighting guy in Terminator Salvation? Did the lighting guy ever seek damages? The lighting guy was a male, so it wouldn't apply to #metoo, right? Does the above apply because Tambor yelled at female co-worker? What if he yelled at a male co-worker?

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It applies because this isn't Tambor's only crime.

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    good point, dig. alia's been outspoken through the media in her support for tambor's victims, too.

tony, from the look of it, he and the lighting guy resolved it on the day of what happened. he apologized privately and publicly back in 2009 - haven't seen anything else of it.

with regard to verbal abuse - i worked in restaurants for 10 years both during and after college, so it kind of comes with that territory. i'm sure there are instances that i've forgotten, but i can assure you that there are dozens that i have not, years removed. i'm glad that it got highlighted here - tambor seems to be, or was, an abusive person, both sexually and verbally. it would not at all surprise me if the third wheel was added to that, and an allegation of physical abuse surfaces somewhere.

Juliet316 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Maeby she'll find success.

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah I worked at Target from 2004-2007 and since I left I have NOT nor never intend to go back there. I wasn't even verbally or sexually abused, I just ******* hated that job and that place. It wasn't until years that I would finally go into ANY Target.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The comments from Bateman are especially worrying and troublesome to me. It's that kind of bull**** mentality that has lead to the need for a #MeToo movement and the empowerment of men to do as they please without consequence or fear of consequence. I'm glad to see he's given a lengthy, seemingly well-thought apology via Twitter, and have to assume he's spoken to Jessica Walter privately. But it was just a sharp reminder of where things truly are, despite the progress we make.