main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends On the Run: The Journal of Mark Devlin, DDC 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Definitely saving his folks is the top priority. That is strange if Andrea shot the commander and he was declared/pronounced dead, either that was a putup job or he has a twin. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    save your family first

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice updates! Sorry that I have fallen so behind in my reading.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great story, please let me know when you update this.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Space_Wolf, Jedi_Lover, Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, windu4, EGKenobi

Classified Entry 13
    It took entirely too long for my liking to get to Balmorra. My family lived in a village about an hour’s travel from Sobrik spaceport, so we had to rent a speeder and head out as fast as we could.

“I hope they’re all right,” I said softly.

“We’ll get to them,” Redian replied.

I almost asked him if that was some sort of Jedi sense of his, but decided against it. I had heard that Jedi could see the future sometimes, and I decided if he had had a vision, that I didn’t want to know what it was. It might not be what I wanted to hear.

We neared the village within forty minutes–a full twenty minutes faster than we should’ve–and my heart sank. I could see smoke on the horizon. Tightening my jaw, I pushed the speeder to its limit. As soon as we hit the city limits, I leapt from the speeder, an arrow ready to fire.

Redian ignited his lightsaber and rushed forward. I followed him, my bow at the ready. I could hear shouting and screaming in the distance. I caught sight of black-armored stormtroopers, and didn’t hesitate. I let fly with my bow. The first arrow caught a stormtrooper under the armpit, at an unarmored point. He gasped in pain and dropped.

I fired again, knocking another trooper’s rifle from his hands. Redian leapt forward, his lightsaber cutting through their armor like it was butter. He deflected shots back at the troopers.

“Go!” he said. “Find your family!”

I took a left at the next street. My family’s home was a short distance this way. I ran as fast as I could. I’d never forgive myself if they were hurt. I saw stormtroopers ahead and began firing arrows as fast as I could knock them.

About half my arrows lodged uselessly in the plasteel panels of houses, but the rest landed. A few pierced the stormtroopers’ armor; the tips were made of high-impact beskar. The rest cut through weak points on their armor. The troops fell.

I rushed inside my parents’ house. Laya and Rani were huddled in the corner in the living room. A stormtrooper stood over them, his blaster pointed at the floor. He wasn’t planning on killing them, then. That saved his life. I pulled out an electro-tipped arrow and fired. It hit his armor and sent bolts of energy crackling over his body. He groaned and collapsed into unconsciousness.

“Mark!” exclaimed Laya.

My sisters jumped up and embraced me. I kissed them on their foreheads and then stepped back. Neither one of them looked hurt.

“Where are Mom, Dad, Kor, and Fena?”

“Kor and Fena are upstairs,” Rani said. “The troopers took Mom and Dad out back.”

“Are there guards upstairs?” I asked.

“Just one,” Laya replied. “Kor tried to fight him and got a black eye for his trouble. That’s when they separated us.”

“All right,” I said. “There’s a Jedi outside. Go find him and stick with him. I’ll get everyone else and make sure they’re safe. Here, take this.”

I handed Laya one of my blasters. She nodded and hurriedly ran out the front door, followed by Rani. I turned and headed for the stairs. Carefully, I began to walk up. When I was halfway to the top, a grenade came sailing down toward me. Snarling in Huttese, I rolled back down the stairs.

The grenade exploded just behind me and slammed me into the wall. I groaned.

Jumping back to my feet, I aimed my bow up the stairs. I caught a glimpse of the stormtrooper’s helmet peering around the corner. I fired at him blindly. He jumped back and the arrow planted itself in the wall. I bounded up the stairs.

He caught me in a low tackle as soon as I’d reached the top. I grunted and hit the ground, dropping my bow as I did. I reached to my side and pulled out a vibroblade, but he was pinning my arm so I couldn’t get it into position.

Something heavy thudded down on the back of his neck, and he sagged. Quickly, I rolled him off of me. Fena stood above me, holding a large metal bar. I smiled at her and rolled to my feet.

“You okay?” I asked.

She nodded. “I’m so glad you’re here.”

“Where’s Kor?”

“They had to sedate him,” she replied. “He wouldn’t stop fighting.”

I nodded. “All right. Stay here, and take this.” I gave her my other blaster. “When Kor wakes up, if he’s in any condition to run, get outside. Laya and Rani should be out there with a Jedi. Find them and stay with them.”

“Okay. They have Mom and Dad outside.”

“I know. I’ll get them.”

I picked up my bow and ran back downstairs. Outside, in the back yard, a squad of stormtroopers led by a man in an Imperial officer’s uniform headed for a shuttle that was just touching down. I knocked an arrow and fired, catching one stormtrooper in the back. He dropped, dead before he could react.

The other three stormtroopers whirled. I could see my parents now, wedged between the troops. The stormies opened fire. Gritting my teeth, I jumped behind a tree. The officer grabbed my mother and jerked her in front of him.

“Surrender, Delvin, or she dies!” he called.

“Let her go!”

I recognized him–it was Commander Klan. But he was…different. Younger. A clone! So Andrea really had killed Commander Klan, or at least a clone of him. Whoever the real Klan was must’ve been a template for a clone officer.

“Not a chance, Devlin. Surrender. Now.”

Before I could respond, a trio of blaster bolts ripped through the air, and all three stormtroopers dropped. The clone officer jerked in surprise and his blaster wavered just a hair. It was enough. I whirled and fired an arrow. The tip sheared through the blaster, shattering the weapon. My mother pulled out of his grip and leapt out of reach.

Before the clone could react, I knocked another arrow and fired. It hit him dead center and he flew across the yard. I ran up to my parents and pulled them into a fierce hug.

“Mark!” Mom exclaimed. “I’m so glad to see you.”

I nodded. “I’m glad you’re safe, Mom. Dad.”

“Thank you for coming, son,” Dad replied. “They were going to use us as bait to lure you into a trap.”

“I figured.”

I turned. Who had fired the blaster shots that had dropped the troopers? Four beings in a hodgepodge array of clothes and armor entered the yard, blasters still raised.

The leader, a woman with red-gold hair, had a lightsaber clipped to her belt. She looked familiar, but I couldn’t quite place her. Still, she was probably an ally if she had shot down the troopers.

“Agent Devlin,” she said. “Talon Karrde–and Luke Skywalker–send their regards.”

“Thanks,” I replied. “Who are you?”

“Mara Jade Skywalker,” she replied. “And I believe you know Captain Aves?”

The blond man saluted sarcastically. “Devlin.”

I couldn’t have been happier to see anyone else in the galaxy right at that moment.

“Thanks for coming,” I said. “We need to end this.”

Jade nodded. “We’ll take your family into protective custody. My husband wants to meet you on Yavin IV to discuss this whole situation. Hopefully we can stop it before it gets any bigger.”

“All right, I’ll meet him there.” I frowned. “Hey, why did he send you if he already had a Jedi here?”

“A Jedi?” Mara asked with a frown. “Who?”

“Redian,” I said. “Redian Galos.”

“I don’t know a Jedi by that name.”

“I…oh, kriff.”

I ran out to the street. The speeder I’d driven in was gone. So were Redian, Laya, and Rani. I dropped to my knees in despair.

I’m going to kill that son of a raitch.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, super action and then a zinger! of a surprise. :eek: All this bit of a while I thought Galos was one of the good guys. [face_nail_biting]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice action! I like the term: son of a raitch. Did you make that one up?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

No, it came from some EU book. Something by Michael Reaves, I think?

What the kriff? I just checked Wookieepedia and I can't find that term under its "slang" article. I was sure I'd read that before.

Okay, I'm not insane. Searching "raitch" on Wookieepedia came up with the page "raich." Apparently son-of-a-raitch was in fact used in a SW novel, the MedStar duology. Which was, in fact, by Michael Reaves. That's a relief. :p

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Gripping action and with a cliffie at the end

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Classified Entry 14
    I gathered everyone into the living room of my house–my parents, Kor, Fena, Jade, Aves, and his men. There was a grim silence; my mother was crying softly into my dad’s shoulder.

When I found that Jedi impostor, I was going to put an arrow through his ribcage.

“Based on your description,” Jade said, “I think this guy may have been a surviving Inquisitor from the early days of the Empire. He probably disguised himself as a Jedi but has been working with the Empire’s Fist the whole time. In fact, he was probably running the whole organization.”

“Blast,” I muttered. “So he paid off an NRI agent with a grudge, knowing that I’d get the better of him and kill him. Then he arranged for two more NRI agents to come after me, because they thought I was a traitor. And then he conveniently walked in and saved me, gaining my trust. I’m so stupid!”

“It’s a classic tactic,” Jade said. “Don’t beat yourself up. We’ll find this guy.”

“He won’t go back to Gorse,” I said. “He knows that I know where the base is there. So the question is, where will he go?”

“I’ll contact Karrde,” Aves said. “If he shows up in any spaceport where Karrde has a contact, we’ll know.”

“I’ll talk to Drayson,” Jade added. “I’ve worked with him before; he trusts me. I’ll tell him what’s going on with you. He’ll release the hunt order on your head and we’ll use NRI resources to track down Redian. And the Jedi will be at your disposal, too.”

“Thanks,” I said with a nod. “I can’t believe this…”

“In the meantime, I’ll still be taking the rest of your family to Yavin IV,” Jade said. “I’d suggest you come with us so we can coordinate the search.”

“Okay. I’m in. I don’t suppose the Academy has a supply of beskar-tipped arrows?”

“No.” Jade grinned tightly. “But you’d be surprised what Talon Karrde can get his hands on in a short time.”

This was going to happen, finally. I just hoped we wouldn’t be too late to save my sisters.

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    There are no better allies than Mara Jade and Talon Karrde. All they need now is beskar-tipped arrows and maybe a angry vornskr! Nice update!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great strategy and coordination of resources. Mara is right though. Devlin has nothing to feel ashamed of. The impostor was just very convincing. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Classified Entry 15
    Yavin IV was a stinky, humid, hot jungle moon that was covered with ancient stone temples. I hated it as soon as I set foot on it, honestly. I didn’t know how Skywalker and his Jedi could possibly stand to live here. But maybe that was part of their discipline; being able to handle some intensely uncomfortable weather.

It shouldn’t be hot this time of year, blast it. In the Core, it was probably getting to be winter on many planets, and people would be getting ready for Life Day. I wished I was at home with my wife, doing the same.

Mara Jade Skywalker led me toward the Jedi Praxeum, one of the huge temples I mentioned. Outside, Jedi were milling about, doing exercises. It almost looked like a military base, except they were swinging lightsabers and levitating rocks rather than shooting blasters.

“Mark! Mark!” a voice cried.

My wife ran from the Praxeum, and my heart skipped a beat. Finally, after many months, I was on the same world as my beautiful Ana. I rushed forward, past Mara, and embraced her meaningfully.

“Don’t ever be gone for that long again,” she begged.

“I won’t,” I promised. “But they’ve got my sisters. I have to go back out there and find them.”

“I understand,” she said, swallowing.

I looked over her. She was just starting to show her pregnancy; somehow, it made her look even more beautiful to my eyes. I kissed her on the cheek and stepped back.

“Agent Devlin,” someone said.

Luke Skywalker walked up, clad in his trademark black uniform. His lightsaber was clipped to his belt. He looked a bit bedraggled; he hadn’t shaved in a few days and his hair had been hurriedly combed with his fingers.

“We’re doing everything we can to find the man who took your sisters,” Skywalker said.

“Thank you,” I replied. “Any news?”

“We tracked his ship to Gorse, but he only stayed there for a short time; he was probably picking up his allies.”

“Right.” I sighed. “Any idea where he might have gone?”

“Not yet,” Skywalker said, “but Karrde, the New Republic, and the Jedi are all working on it. This guy won’t stay hidden for long.”

“He doesn’t want to hide,” I replied. “He wants me. Why else would he take my sisters? He’s using them as bait. But if we can find him before his trap’s set…”

“Things will work out much better for us in the long run,” Jade said. “You’re smart, Devlin.”

“Thanks. Karrde got those beskar-tipped arrows yet?”

“He got a shipment,” Jade confirmed. “They came with a message, apparently.”

I frowned. “A message?”

Jade nodded. “It said, ‘gut that dar’manda dar’jetii for me.’ It means ‘gut that soulless Dark Jedi for me.’”

“What?” I had no idea who could’ve sent that message.

“It also said ‘I hope those Rodians weren’t a problem for you anymore.’”

I grinned. “Fett.”

“You’ve got some odd friends, Devlin. Wedge Antilles is practically moving planets, getting squadrons assigned to you.”

“Squadrons?”

“Yes,” Skywalker said. “It seems that this so-called Jedi has rallied all the remaining Empire’s Fist forces to him. There’s going to be quite the battle.”

I grimaced. Well, that would make a rescue op much harder. But I had New Rep forces, smugglers, and, most impressively, Jedi on my side. And I was soon to have a quiver full of Force-user-killing arrows at my side. I’d pull this off.

For my sisters.

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I always thought Mara never stayed of the Jedi Academy because of the location. I never saw her as a lover of being hot, wet and miserable. Maybe hot and wet, but not miserable (I'm think of Mara and Luke in a hot tub...just in case you thought I had another meaning). ;)

Nice update. Agent Devlin has just about everybody on his side right about now. This story is looking good...just don't get all angsty on me! I don't need Devlin dying a hero. I like my heroes living!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

I'm not even sure how one would write a first-person death scene. :p

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Good point. You can have him saying in the second to last post: I hope I don't die. Then the last post is written by somebody else saying he died. But now that I gave you that idea...don't do it!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy he got to see his wife again and that all rescue forces are in place. :) LOL I agree with J_L. I'm hoping the same thing in another diary -- Silver Swarms of Ships--that the main character comes through unscathed.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Classified Entry 16
    “Master Skywalker, we’ve got it!” a Jedi called.

I was sitting in the Praxeum’s lounge area, along with Ana, Skywalker, Jade, and my parents, Kor, and Fena. As the Jedi entered, we all stood to our feet quickly.

The Jedi wore what look liked farmer’s clothes; a pair of brown trousers, with matching boots, belt, and gloves; a tan shirt; and a brown shoulder pad on his right arm. He was dark-haired with a thick beard.

“Thanks, Kyle,” Skywalker said. “Let’s hear it.”

“The Empire’s Fist fleet is massing near Rhen Var. It looks like two Vic-Star Destroyers, two Imp-Star Deuces, and probably ten or so smaller but equally armed ships. Not to mention a squadron of TIEs.”

“Pretty good for a terrorist group,” Jade said with narrowed eyes.

“This Inquisitor pulled some strings,” Kyle agreed.

“All right, it’s time.” Skywalker looked at my family. “You’ll be kept here, under guard. We’ll be back as soon as we can. Agent Devlin? Mount up as soon as you’re ready.”

I nodded. After saying quick goodbyes to my family, I rushed to the hangar. Skywalker was directing Jedi to their X-wings. He and Jade entered a ship labeled the Jade Sabre. The dark-haired, bearded Jedi from earlier clapped me on the shoulder.

“Devlin?” he said. “I’m Kyle Katarn. You’ll be riding with me and my former apprentice, Jaden, in the Raven’s Claw.”

“Kyle Katarn?” I asked. “You’re Jan Ors’ partner, right?”

Kyle nodded. “That’s correct. In fact, she’ll be joining the New Republic strike team that hits Rhen Var.”

“She was my interrogation instructor at NRI,” I said.

“She’s just as good with a blaster as she is with interrogation tools,” he replied. “She’ll be useful in there.”

“Good.”

We clambered into the Raven’s Claw. Kyle’s ex-apprentice, a brown-haired man of about twenty-five, sat in the copilot’s seat. I belted into the seat behind him.

“Let’s hit it,” Katarn said.

I checked to make sure my bow and arrows were strapped down. Then, I rotated around to face the front. This was about to be the biggest battle since the end of the Galactic Civil War, and I was going to be a part of it.

I tensed. I hoped my sisters were okay. It was going to be a long, agonizing ride.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay, they're on the move! =D=

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Classified Entry 17
    The Raven’s Claw popped out of hyperspace over Rhen Var and shot toward the Imperial fleet. We were flanked by thirty-two Jedi X-wings, led by Kyp Durron. I clutched at the armrests on my crash seat. I really preferred to be piloting my own vessel.

“Redian is going to be on the command ship,” I said.

“I sense him,” Kyle confirmed. “Command ship’s a Vic-Star, the Dominator. We’re going in.”

“This is Skywalker,” Luke said. “Rogue Squadron just exited hyperspace. Kyp, you’re at Commander Celchu’s disposal, understood?”

“Yes, Master Skywalker,” Durron replied.

“Kyle, we’re with you,” Luke said.

I grimaced as the Claw shuddered from a near-miss fired by the Dominator. Kyle was a good pilot–he jerked the ship around, firing it underside laser cannon at TIE fighters.

“Jaden, fire a missile at the Dominator’s right flank,” Kyle said.

Jaden did. The missile detonated against the Vic-Star’s right flank. The shield absorbed it, but not the trio of proton torpedoes fired by Rogue Squadron immediately after.

Raven’s Claw slid into the docking bay. Stormtroopers rushed into the hangar, rifles raised. I unlatched my harness and rushed to the ramp, Kyle and Jaden right behind me.

The ramp lowered, and Kyle dropped out first, his blue lightsaber igniting to deflect the barrage of bolts fired by the stormtroopers. Jaden followed him, his own saber raised. I dropped out last, firing an arrow at the nearest stormtrooper.

“Need reinforcement in Hangar T–” the stormtrooper commander started. He stopped when a blaster bolt took him in the throat.

Mara Jade Skywalker rolled forward and fired again, taking out another stormtrooper. Luke, along with a trio of Jedi, followed her out of the Sabre. In moments, the troopers were decimated and the survivors retreating.

I stormed forward, an arrow knocked in my bow and ready to fire.

“I’m going to the detention block,” I said.

“I’ll go with you,” Jade replied.

“Jaden,” Skywalker said, “take the other Jedi, and hit the engine room. I’m going for the bridge.”

“Right.”

Kyle and Mara dropped in behind me and we accessed the nearest turbolift. I hit the key for the detention level and stood to one side of the door. Kyle and Mara ignited their lightsabers.

My comlink popped.

“Devlin?” a voice said. “You there?”

“I’m here,” I replied.

“This is Aves. I just arrived with Karrde’s fleet. My men and I are headed for the Dominator.”

“Great,” I said. “We’re already inside and headed for the detention level. You’d better hurry up if you want part of the action.”

“Wouldn’t miss it,” Aves replied. I heard the grin in his voice.

I shut off my comlink. The lift reached the detention level and slid open. I swung around and fired an arrow. The officer at the desk, shocked, could not react before the projectile impaled him.

The guards in the room jerked up instantly, firing. I dropped to the floor and fired another arrow. It hit the right-most guard in the hand, knocking his rifle from his hand. Kyle and Mara leapt into the room, sabers swinging, and took out the rest of the guards.

I grabbed the guard with the injured hand. “Where are my sisters?”

“Who?” he replied, wincing in pain.

“My sisters. The two female prisoners that the ‘Jedi’ brought on board.”

“Oh…them. Cell block 2310.”

I nodded. “Thanks.”

I punched him in the temple, knocking him out. I led Mara and Kyle down the corridor to the indicated cell. I opened the door. My sisters looked up in surprise.

“Mark!”

I hugged each of them in turn. “Come on, I’m getting you out of here.”

“Uh, Mark…” Jade said. “We may have a problem.”

I left the cell, my bow ready. “What’s the problem?”

“The turbolift just went up,” she replied. “To the barracks level.”

“There’s no other way out of the detention block?”

Jade shook her head. I grimaced.

“Okay,” I said. “Laya, Rani, I want you to stay in your cell. There are going to be a lot of stormtroopers coming down here–I don’t want you in the crossfire.”

They nodded and quickly ran back inside. I pulled an arrow out and ducked in the alcove of the next cell over. Mara and Kyle deactivated their lightsabers and pulled out their blasters.

“Here we go…” I hissed grimly.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Well LOL I almost thought Aves and Karrde's fleet were gonna come in at the tail end of things. Instead, things are just heating up. =D=

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    exciting updates, waiting for more

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Space_Wolf, Jedi_Lover, Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, windu4, EGKenobi, thank you sincerely for taking time to read and review my story. I hope you've enjoyed it this year–and I look forward to next year's!

Classified Entry 18
    I fired an arrow with an explosive tip just as the turbolift door slid open. The arrow popped, causing the stormtroopers inside the lift to scramble around madly and drop their blasters. I fired another arrow, catching one trooper under the armpit. Mara and Kyle quickly cut down the others.
    "Get my sisters out of here!" I said.​
    Before either Jedi could argue, I turned and rushed into the lift. I hit the "bridge" button. When the lift reached the top, I rushed out into chaos. Stormtroopers and officers lay dead, lightsaber strikes cleaving their chests open. Skywalker and Redian were at the far end of the bridge, dueling fiercely. Outside, I could see smuggler ships darting between the Imperial vessels, providing cover fire for New Republic forces.​
    Skywalker Force-pulled Redian's lightsaber from his hand–and the saber exploded, sending Skywalker flying backwards. I hissed and jerked an arrow from my quiver. Redian finally seemed to notice me. He clenched his fists and took a step forward. I fired. He caught the arrow with the Force and hurled it aside casually. I fired again, with the same result.​
    "If Skywalker can't stop me," Redian growled, "what chance do you have?"​
    Skywalker was clearly dazed; he was struggling to his feet and reaching for his lightsaber, but I saw that he'd never reach Redian before the Dark Jedi reached me. I reached for another arrow. Redian opened his palms as if gathering energy in them. Which, I supposed, he probably was. That was not a good thing.​
    I fired the arrow. Redian unleashed the energy he'd built up, sending the arrow twirling harmlessly across the bridge and me flying back into the wall. I grunted, but kept a hold of my bow. I glanced over my shoulder. I had one arrow left.​
    Cautiously, I pressed a button on my bow. The quiver rotated and placed a special tip on the arrow. Redian strode forward, grinning.​
    "It's over," he said. "You provided a valiant opposition, for a simple man. But in the end...it was futile."​
    "We'll see," I replied.​
    He took another step closer...and another. I had to wait until he was closer. I'd get one shot at this, no more. If it didn't work, I was dead. Skywalker was more stable now, but he was still struggling to walk forward. The explosion must've damaged one of his legs.​
    Redian was now just a few steps away. I grabbed the arrow from my quiver, but did not knock it in my bow. Instead, I shoved it into the floor. Electricity crackled across a five-meter area around the tip. I grunted as the bolts crackled over my body. But Redian was jerking spasmodically, too. I dropped to the ground and my vision began to fade. I saw Skywalker limp over at a hurried pace.​
    And then, blackness.​
    Classified Entry 19–Declassified
    I awoke in a medcenter some time later. Ana, along with my parents and siblings, were in the room with me. I coughed out a request for water–the electricity had really done a number on my throat. They all looked up in surprise when I awoke. Then they rushed up and began talking all at once. I coughed fiercely.
    "Water!" I repeated.​
    Kor ran to get me a glass. After I'd downed it, I asked for an explanation as to how the battle had ended. Apparently, Skywalker had taken an unconscious Redian into custody. Without him, the Empire's Fist had floundered. In addition, Pellaeon's fleet had arrived in the eleventh hour and ensured a victory against the terrorists. I was relieved that it was all over, and everyone was okay.​
    "So," I said, "can I have a moment alone with my wife?"​
    My family quickly left the room, and Ana sat down on the bedside. I ran a hand through her teal hair. She smiled and me and held the hand to her face.​
    "I don't believe I've had a moment to actually process the fact that you're pregnant," I said.​
    She laughed. "Me, either."​
    "That's okay," I said. "The baby's going to be born healthy, and he's going to have a boring, normal life, and bright teal hair."​
    "Promise?" she managed between laughs.​
    "I promise." I leaned up and kissed her. "I'll make sure of it."​
    So that's my story. How I went from a single NRI agent with a beautiful girlfriend to a married NRI agent with a pregnant wife. It's about as good as it gets.​

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see him safe with his wife. Exciting entries

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Riveting and very wonderful to see him back with Ana and his siblings safe. :) Congratulations on finishing the DDC! =D=

Revanfan1 likes this.