main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto On the search for toys....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THEREALSHMII, Oct 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/trollsm.jpg]

Hey everybody,

Has anyone found a Darth Vader chebie in their rounds of toy shopping. They are the toys with the huge heads and small bodies that make they toys look anime-ish. If anyone finds a trooper or Vader can you let me know? I am pe-trollin' for one.

2. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Shmi, do you have any idea how much they cost?

I saw them and they look awesome, I'd like to get them all.

3. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The Snail had the Super Deformed Star Wars Figs for $21 or so. They HAD R2, 3P0 and one other (nothing cool, no trooper, vader or fett)

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    EACH!?!

Argh. Well, looks like another thing I won't be collecting.

5. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    I'd just like the R2, fett, vader and maybe the trooper.

But I'm not actively searching them out (yet)

6. Bertramtalespinner

Bertramtalespinner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2000
    Unrelated, but connected, how are people finding the hunt for 3 3/4 potj figures. I'm currently stuck on r2-q5. Only ones I've seen are "errors" and marked up out the wazoo. I just want a black r2 to play with!

Other than that I'm pretty happy, especially cause Zellers is back in the game.

Chris
    Egesta Digital Diversions
    www.egesta-dd.com

7. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    While I think of it do you still have any of the Max Rebo beanies? I keep meaning to steal... er buy one when I'm over but keep forgetting.

8. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    A local CMS has R2-Q for $15, a bit expensive. TIE Interceptors are 39.99 at TRU, and I saw the Vader for $25 the other day, but that was at a one-time toy show. As for beanies, I'd like it if somebody could find me a Chewbacca! :D

9. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Has anyone seen the B-Wing? That is one ship I really want.

I think CrazyMike said it was like 60-70$, which is insane. I hope its been found for cheaper.

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well I'm not a big toy/collector person, but I did pick up one of those TIE Interceptors at Overpriced R Us.

I promptly took it out of the box! Ooohed and Ahhed at it. Placed the pilot in the seat and right now its hanging up in the corner of the room on some fishing wire being swayed by the breeze from my ceiling fan!

All you collectors who are moaning that I did that, take heart. Your pristine version just gained value as there is now one less pristine copy out there. I did you a favour! :)

11. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes I hung up my Tie interceptor as well. What is really funny is that I have about 40
    or so unopened figures from the various waves that have come out over the last 9 months. I cant seem to make up my mind to open them as I have so many opened ones on
    display. I am waiting to buy one of those
    B wings too. I will give it until December
    to find one. If I cant I will buy one from
    my buddies at Toymaniacs in LA. Apparently
    the Tie bomber is coming out in March 2002.
    I do not know if it is a store exclusive.

Adam, I really doubt that you will find a
    B wing in Canada under $70 cdn. If I found
    one for that price I would be jumping for joy. Toymaniacs is selling them for $60 us
    plus shipping/customs ( $110 cdn )

Sorry Dude !!!

12. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    That price is pretty bad since I did see them in Michigan on the weekend for $40 US

Thankfully I just buy the figs.

And what is this error on the R2-Q5? I got one, and promptly ripped it out of its packaging (the can suffocate like that!)

13. Bertramtalespinner

Bertramtalespinner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2000
    Wish I knew what this error was supposed to be. He looked fine to me.

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    $40 US is not too bad. Now I just have to find someone over there to grab one for me.
    R2-Q5 is one of those figures that I have not
    opened yet. Hey Ken, do I owe you for any figures, I cant remember... or do you owe
    me?

15. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    I...ahem...owe you. Must be why you never come to my parties ;)

16. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Nice point there, Mike. It was nice to see a collection where there were opened figures. If everything is all in packages it just looks like a store (Hint, Hint, Chris!)

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Nonsense Ken, it is no big deal. I am just old and do not have the same memory like I
    used to. And actually I have never visited
    anyone. Just ask SLAM, SHMI, DAVID..... the
    list goes on. What can I say, I am an ass !!! I promise that I will change my ways...

Mike

18. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Yeahh!.. I know big comeback.

No one has found the chebies? *sigh* The only place I've seen them is the snail with Kenobi. The price was $22.95. They weren't cheap but they are on my "must have" list. if anyone spots them let me know.

Oh David...I have an extra beanie. One is ear marked for Kenobi for the magazines he gave me after Word on the Street, another tentatively for the next while for TopGun Mike who says he has "stuff" for trade. Got anything to barter with?

19. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Barter... um... can't really think of much. I'll gladly pay you fair market value... I don't have much in the way of collectibles, got a few souvenirs from the York but I already passed a couple to you (via Tragic)... can't really think of anything else.

20. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey all!

I just found a few of the Palm Talkers at a TRU in Markville mall! I cleaned them out of R2, Vader, Fett, and the Stormtrooper. I didn't get the 3PO and they had one Fett left (no Chewies at all)

Best of all, they beat the $21 price at the Snail - $14.99.

As well, they had the new Deluxe Luke in Bacta and Tattooed Maul ($16.99), and a bunch of the new McFarlane Movie and anime figs ($12.99).

:D

21. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Palm Talkers? Are they the deformed figures?

By cleaning them out, does that mean you picked up extras?

22. Jedi_Jamie

Jedi_Jamie Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey Gang,

The TRU at Lawrence and Victoria Park Avenue have the deformed figures, including Vader and the Stormtrooper. Shmi, if you want me to pick them up for you and arrange a drop off, let me know, I don't mind at all. The thing I've learned about TRU is that they don't always display things where they make sense, thus we miss things when me make our stops. The big-heads are up by the cash on a shelf way above eye-level, and nowhere near the rest of the SW figures and stuff. It doesn't make sense, but that's what they've done.

Let me know,

Jamie

23. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Pick me up a vader. Keep the bill! I will pay you!!! Are you coming to Monster Inc? I can pay you Saturday.

My friend! (Hug, Hug)

24. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Ah, well in my case they we stuffed on a low shelf under the new deluxe figs. Only one row. And by cleaning them out, I meant they only had one of each besides the 2 I mentioned.

25. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm going to check out a TRU tomorrow to look for the super deformed figures and the B-Wing.

I read somewhere it was $39.99 cdn. That's what I would have expected to pay through the Target deal.

If anyone is on the lookout for anything and will be at the gathering on Saturday, let me know and I'll see what I can pick up for ya.

The latest I'll be checking the boards, before I return to Toronto, is tomorrow at 1:30pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.