main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico On the Spot * Game 2 * Looking for new players!

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Jan_Solo, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Remember, people: you lose your chance to get an extra point if you don't vote for the correct answer. Yes, I may have lied magnificently in the past, but that doesn't mean that I will always be assigned that role because I do such a good job at it.

I recommend that you take a better look at Spook's answer. It is incomplete.

2. Spook_Spiegel

Spook_Spiegel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    Hum, Lucidus, you messed up horribly and thus, lost all your credibility...

Incan civilization had mysteriously dissapeared, along with all of their customs.

Humm, I guess that all those people who speak quechua and call themselves the Incas and the guy who calls himself Sapa Inca (Inca King) don't know what they are talking about...

I guess the city called Cuzco suddenly vanished from the Peruvian map, huh?

My guess is that you are mixing Maya with Inca. The Incas still exist, maybe they are not the Empire they once were, but they still exist. Even the currency of Peru is called "Sol" in honor of the Sun King of the Incas. Or maybe the term "dissapeared" is a bit mixed up with you.

I clearly stated that the produce Mr Adams made was Chiclets, the first modern chewing gum that still comes in that nifty yellow package.

As for when, Mr Thomas lived in the late Victorian period, he introduced his brand in the early days of the first Great War (That's the one with the Germans against the British, there were no Australians or Mayans there, by the way, Mr Lucidus.)

One of the first few successes of the minty fresh chiclets were with American soldiers who joined the war effort in 1916-17, late in the war. These "American Expeditionary Forces" are said to have been chewing gum when General Miles exclaimed when he arrived in a Paris cemetery: "Lafayette, we are here." Repaying the French, specially French general Lafayette, for their help in the American Revolution.

3. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    I have to say this has been a though round. I still don't know who to trust.

Last time I voted for Lucidus, and he was the impostor. Now, knowing how human logic works, one thinks this time he might be saying the truth. Then again, it would be a great time to take advantage of those who think that way. So probably that allmighty force who chose who will be impostor during this round also thought of that, and decided to make him the truthful so that everyone thinks he is the impostor...

Oh hell, I still have a day or two...

4. DarthKurt

DarthKurt Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2003
    I SIRIOSLY urge you to vote for lucidus

5. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    I've decided not to put up any more information regarding the question. I will simply say this: Mr. Spike is a liar, liar, pants on fire.

If you have voted for him, *cough*yesIamspeakingdirectlytoyouJBandRao*cough* then remember that it's not too late to change your mind. Do it! Do it, now, or I'll cut you! I'll cut you good!

...please?

6. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Bueno, I guess my time is up.

After much consideration, I'll go with Spike's answer, although Lucidus probably is the Truthful.

7. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/watto/img/movie2_sm.jpg]

"Heh-heh. Ah?! Indeed, both humans did an outstanding performance, a great effort worthy of recognition in the Toydarian Archives. I must say I am impressed, eh! Spike, that was a commendable effort, I must say. However, it was not enough to match Lucidus and DarthKurt, who still remain tied for first place! The rest of you should learn a lesson from them, heh-heh."

"But enough praising you fools. The scores have been tallied, and now we're ready to start the next round. It is time for MegaJediRafa and Rao to come on down! You will be On the Spot for the next round, eh! So please post your answer as soon as possible or you will look like a complete fool before the rest of you, eh! You will find the question that needs to be answered below, and I will secretly reveal the correct answer to one of you shortly. The rest of you can vote once the answers are out, heh?"

RESULTS FOR ROUND 5 - Spike Spiegel vs. Lucidus

On the Spot:
    Lucidus was the Truthful, Spike Spiegel was the Impostor!

Scorecard:
    Lucidus (5)
    DarthKurt (5)
    Spike_Spiegel (4)
    Rao (3)
    Jedi_Boricua (2)
    MegaJediRafa (2)
    Carlitos (1)
    Roman (0)

ROUND 6 - MegaJediRafa vs. Rao

The Category:
    Anthropology

The Question: What is a Clovis Point, who made them and what were they made of, and for what purpose were they used?

Time Frame: A new round will begin on Friday Nov. 7 OR whenever all players have voted.

8. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    The Category: Anthropology

The Question: "What is a Clovis Point, who made them and what were they made of, and for what purpose were they used?"

The Correct Answer:

A Clovis Point is an arrowhead made of flint, stone or bone, that was attached to lances or spears. These were used as weapons for hunting animals found in North American sites (Montana, Oklahoma, Utah, and others).

These arrowheards were used by the Clovis around 9,000 BC (hence its name).

Nowadays, you can probably find one in your nearest Adult Store, but I doubt the term "hunting" means the same.

9. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    NEW RULE FOR THE GAME

Starting with Round 6, players who are On the Spot and who fail to post their answer on time will lose 3 points. Rao, I'm looking at you. 8-}

10. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    A Clovis Point is an arrowhead made of flint, stone or bone, that was attached to lances or spears.
    These were used as weapons for hunting animals found in North American sites (Montana, Oklahoma, Utah, and others).

Up to here our clever friend Rafa is correct but like the slimy sly he is; he changed the date by 1000 years earlier just to get you. But you are not going to let that fool you.
    Here is the rest:

These arrowheards were used by the Clovis (of course)around 8,000 BC.

Good one Rafa ;)

11. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    You'll have to elaborate a bit further than that if you want to get my vote. Right now, each one has the same convincing ability as if you had not written anything!

12. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I agree with Mr Bestial Brown ^^^ above me.

Need more info.

13. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    But of course, my friend Lucidus.

[image=http://www.sdsmt.edu/wwwsarc/collectn/stone/clovis.jpg]

[image=http://www.sdsmt.edu/wwwsarc/collectn/stone/foreshaft.jpg]

Inhabitants of Antelope Valley who arrived as the Ice Age (Pleistocene era) was ending are referred to by anthropologists as PaleoIndians. Among these, the Clovis people were believed to have been hunters of the large game animals (such as mammoths and mastodons) that had become extinct by around 10,000 to 9,000 BCE. Few traces of these groups remain, but scattered evidence implies that their quests for food resources may have required frequent or continuous moving over sizable distances.
    Among these hunting people's weapons were spears with large "fluted" flaked stone projectile points such as the Clovis and Folsom points.

Hope this ACCURATE AND TRUTHFUL information helps.

Choose wisely. Good luck. :)

14. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I'll go with Rafa. He's cuter.

:p

15. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, I am. :D

16. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/watto/img/movie2_sm.jpg]

"And the round is over, ah?! Looks like people around here are just bumming around. Or maybe it's that big sale my cousin Watto is having at his junkyard, eh! Either way, it's time to look at those scores, ah?! Well, what do you know! We have a three-way tie for first place, eh! This is getting more insteresting than watching a hundred pieces of junk flying around and racing against each other, ah!"

"Very well, heh-heh. It is time for Jedi_Boricua and Roman to come on down! You will be On the Spot for the next round, eh! So please post your answer as soon as possible or you will look like a complete fool before the rest of you, eh! You will find the question that needs to be answered below, and I will secretly reveal the correct answer to one of you shortly. The rest of you can vote once the answers are out, heh?"

RESULTS FOR ROUND 6 - MegaJediRafa vs. Rao

On the Spot:
    MegaJediRafa was the Truthful, Rao was the Impostor!

Scorecard:
    Lucidus (5)
    DarthKurt (5)
    Spike_Spiegel (5)
    MegaJediRafa (3)
    Rao (3)
    Jedi_Boricua (2)
    Carlitos (1)
    Roman (0)

ROUND 7 - Roman vs. Jedi_Boricua

The Category:
    Sports

The Question: Who hit the first home run in Yankee Stadium, on what day did it happen, and what team were they playing against?

Time Frame: A new round will begin on Monday Nov. 10 OR whenever all players have voted.

17. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Q: "Who hit the first home run in Yankee Stadium, on what day did it happen, and what team were they playing against?"

A: As the only certified baseball and Yankee fan on this geek filled Star Wars forum, it is only natural that I have the correct answer.

Yankee Stadium, located in the heart of the Bronx is the mecca of baseball. There the most succesful team in any major sport has manufactured 26 world series titles, and countless American League penants.

The first home run to ever grace over the historic walls in left field was batted by none other than the great Ty Cobbs, on April 18, 1923 againts the chronic losers Boston REd Rox.

18. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Q: "Who hit the first home run in Yankee Stadium, on what day did it happen, and what team were they playing against?"

THE ANSWERS:

Who hit the first home run in Yankee Stadium?
    The Bambino and the Sultan of Swat, Babe Ruth.

On what day did it happen? April 18, 1923.

What team were they playing against? Boston. The irony is than some years ago, Boston sold Babe Ruth to the New York Yankees, a team that did not have a stadium at that time.

19. DarthKurt

DarthKurt Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2003
    Roman is the truthful

20. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Luis is the Truthfull!

21. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    What Would Jesus Do? I think he would vote for Roman (himself). So that's what I'm gonna do.

22. Roman

May 30, 2002
    FACTS:
    1) The Yankee Stadium was build for the New York Yankees because the great performance of Babe Ruth.
    2) There?s a candy with Babe Ruth name on it. What does Ty Cobbs has?
    3) Plus my logo is funnier than Jedi_Boricua?s logo (the logo worked before so I have to ?play this card?).

23. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll go with Roman.

BTW, does the candybar BabyRuth comes from the baseball player?

24. Roman

May 30, 2002
    Maybe, maybe not, but anyway I do not see a candy called Ty Cobbs.

25. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Hahahahahaha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.