On the Spot * Game 2 * Looking for new players!

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico Star Wars FanForce' started by Jan_Solo, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/watto/img/movie2_sm.jpg]

"Alright, heh-heh! Round 7 has ended and it is time to look at the scores, ah! So... it seems Lucidus and DarthKurt are tied for first place. Very interesting, eh! We also have a new player, ah?! Kyle_katarn_pr, we shall see if you are as good a liar as you say you are, eh!"

"But not this round, no. This round I will be calling some other names, ah! These lucky dice my cousin Watto sold me have proven quite useful here, ah, since they have decided that Lucidus and DarthKurt are next! You will be On the Spot for the next round, eh! So please post your answer as soon as possible or you will look like a complete fool before the rest of you, eh! You will find the question that needs to be answered below, and I will secretly reveal the correct answer to one of you shortly. The rest of you can vote once the answers are out, heh?"

RESULTS FOR ROUND 7 - Roman vs. Jedi_Boricua

On the Spot:
    Roman was the Truthful, Jedi_Boricua was the Impostor!

Scorecard:
    Lucidus (6) +
    DarthKurt (6) +
    Spike_Spiegel (5)
    MegaJediRafa (4) +
    Rao (3)
    Jedi_Boricua (3) +
    Roman (3) +++
    Carlitos (1)
    kyle_katarn_pr (0)

ROUND 8 - Lucidus vs. DarthKurt

The Category:
    Star Wars

The Question: What race does Paploo belong to, who portrayed the character, and what other character did this actor/actress play?

Time Frame: A new round will begin on Thursday Nov. 13 OR whenever all players have voted.
  2. Lucidus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Q: "What race does Paploo belong to, who portrayed the character, and what other character did this actor/actress play?"

A: Paploo is an Ewok.
    The role of Paploo the Ewok was played by Kenny Baker.
    Kenny Baker also played the part of R2-D2.

If you're a true Warsie, then you know that I'm right.

Period.
  3. DarthKurt Jedi Master

star 2
    Lucidus,you old devil you,trying to fool these poor people.

Paploo was that Kowakian monkey-lizard that Jabba kept as a pet,The actor that played him(or rather,operated him) was Tim Rose,who also played Admiral Ackbar.
  4. AAMD11 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm tough call here!
  5. kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think that Lucidus is telling the truth.
  6. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Lucidus.

Not all that hard.
  7. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
  8. MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus

star 4
    I don't know for sure, but I doubt Jabba would name his pet Paploo. Besides, this is a SW forum and everyone seems to be quite confident on their answers. :D

Lucidus is the One, but not the One as Neo or Rossello (who from now on I shall call Neossello :p) Note: I don't necessarily believe he is the "One" at all, but due to him being the Messiah and everything, oh well, nevermind.
  9. Roman Jedi Master

star 4
    I do not recall the name of the Jabba?s pet, but I doubt is Paploo. So Lucidus the truth tells.
  10. Jan_Solo Jedi Master

star 4

"Time's up, heh! Looks like someone here failed to gather enough support from the rest, ah! But do not fear, the game is by no means over. There will be other chances to smite all opposition, eh! And... what do you know! Lucidus has gone ahead by a big margin, and is currently the leader of the game, ah! Enjoy it while it lasts, fool of a human, heh-heh."

"And now it is time for me to ask another question and for you to come up with more lies when this next round starts, ah! And the lucky humans are kyle_katarn_pr and Rao. You will be On the Spot for the next round, eh! So please post your answer as soon as possible or you will look like a complete fool before the rest of you, eh! You will find the question that needs to be answered below, and I will secretly reveal the correct answer to one of you shortly. The rest of you can vote once the answers are out, heh?"

RESULTS FOR ROUND 8 - Lucidus vs. DarthKurt

On the Spot:
    Lucidus was the Truthful, DarthKurt was the Impostor!

Scorecard:
    Lucidus (11) +++++
    DarthKurt (6)
    Spike_Spiegel (6) +
    MegaJediRafa (5) +
    Rao (4) +
    Roman (4) +
    Jedi_Boricua (3)
    Carlitos (1)
    kyle_katarn_pr (1) +

ROUND 9 - kyle_katarn_pr vs. Rao

The Category:
    Astronomy

The Question: What are blue giants, how big are they, and what is their average life expectancy? Give an example of a blue giant.

Time Frame: A new round will begin on Monday Nov. 17 OR whenever all players have voted.
  11. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    What are blue giants, how big are they, and what is their average life expectancy? Give an example:

Blue giants are massive stars, 25 to 50 times as big as our Sun, and their average life expectancy is around a few million years. Rigel, in the constellation of Orion is a fine example of a blue giant.

Facilito para todos ustedes.
  12. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Man. That last one and this one are waaaaaaay too easy Jan...

13. Jan_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Very well, they shall get tougher from now on. [face_devil]
  14. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Well, that's the point, isn't it?

For the record, Baby Ruths were NOT named after Babe Ruth. Just so that you know.
  15. DarthKurt Jedi Master

star 2
    Yup,they were named after a president's daughter back in the 20's
  16. Roman Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the correction.

And Rao for 2004. I mean, I vote for RAO.
  17. kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Knight

star 3
    What are blue giants, how big are they, and what is their average life expectancy? Give an example:

Blue Giants are a group of massive extrasolar planets. Their average life expenctancy is 20-30 Billion years.

An example of a Blue Giant is :
    HD 73256 b

# Detection method: Radial Velocity
    # Basic data:
    Name: HD 73256 b
    M.sini: 1.87 MJ
    Semi-major axis: 0.037
    Orbital period: 2.54858 ± 0.00016 d.
    Eccentricity: 0.03 ± 0.02
    Omega (deg): 334.7 ± 5.5
    T_peri (JD - 2 400 000 ): 52500.15 ± 0.004
    Inclination: -
    # Remarks:
    # References:

1. UDRY S., MAYOR M., CLAUSEN J., FREYHAMMER L., HELT B., LOVIS C., NAEF D., OLSEN E., PEPE F., QUELOZ D. & SANTOS N., 2003
    he CORALIE survey for southern extra-solar planets X: A Hot Jupiter orbiting HD 73256.
    Astron. & Astrophys., submitted
    preprint

18. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Vote fer Rao.

I like him.
  19. MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus

star 4
    My vote goes for Rao.

Kyle got me once before on another game like this one. Bloody Bastard.
  20. Jedi_Boricua Jedi Master

star 4
  21. DarthKurt Jedi Master

star 2
  22. Lucidus Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will also join the bandwagon and vote for Rao.
  23. Jan_Solo Jedi Master

star 4

"Well well, heh-heh! Looks like-a I've been giving you all too easy of a time, ah! Lucky for that human Rao, for he has managed to jump right to second place, eh! And that Kyle_katarn fellow, heh-heh. It appears he ain't as smart as the thinks he is, ah?! Heh."

"By now you all should know what's going to happen now, eh! It is time for Spike_Spiegel and MegaJediRafa to get down here, ah! You will be On the Spot for the next round, heh. So please post your answer as soon as possible or you will look like a complete fool before the rest of you, eh! You will find the question that needs to be answered below, and I will secretly reveal the correct answer to one of you shortly. The rest of you can vote once the answers are out, heh?"

RESULTS FOR ROUND 9 - kyle_katarn_pr vs. Rao

On the Spot:
    Rao was the Truthful, kyle_katarn_pr was the Impostor!

Scorecard:
    Lucidus (12) +
    Rao (10) ++++++
    DarthKurt (7) +
    Spike_Spiegel (7) +
    MegaJediRafa (6) +
    Roman (5) +
    Jedi_Boricua (4) +
    Carlitos (1)
    kyle_katarn_pr (1)

ROUND 10 - Spike_Spiegel vs. MegaJediRafa

The Category:
    History

The Question: When and by whom was the world's first nuclear power plant built, and where was it constructed? When was the plant shut down?

Time Frame: A new round will begin on Friday Nov. 21 OR whenever all players have voted.
  24. MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus

star 4
    "When and by whom was the world's first nuclear power plant built, and where was it constructed? When was the plant shut down?"

The world's first nuclear power plant was built on June 27th 1954 by the Soviet government in Obninsk, a small town 60 miles south of Moscow.
    It was shut down on April 29th 2002.

I was amazed with the answer to this question. I tought these plants were built much before, due to the influence of nuclear power during WW2. Well, I was wrong.
  25. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    The firt nuclear power plant was the infamous Chernobyl power plant. Built on June, 1951 the plant was terribly outdated in April 1986.

In April 1986, Chernobyl' (Chornobyl' in Ukrainian) was an obscure city on the Pripiat' River in north-central Ukraine. Almost incidentally, its name was attached to the V.I. Lenin Nuclear Power Plant located about twenty-five kilometers upstream.

It was during a test at 1:21 A.M., the No. 4 reactor exploded and released thirty to forty times the radioactivity of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The world first learned of history's worst nuclear accident from Sweden, where abnormal radiation levels were registered at one of its nuclear facilities.

Ranking as one of the greatest industrial accidents of all time, the Chernobyl' disaster and its impact on the course of Soviet events can scarcely be exaggerated. No one can predict what will finally be the exact number of human victims. Thirty- one lives were lost immediately. Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians, Russians, and Belorussians had to abandon entire cities and settlements within the thirty-kilometer zone of extreme contamination. Estimates vary, but it is likely that some 3 million people, more than 2 million in Belarus' alone, are still living in contaminated areas. The city of Chernobyl' is still inhabited by almost 10,000 people. Billions of rubles have been spent, and billions more will be needed to relocate communities and decontaminate the rich farmland.

Chernobyl' has become a metaphor not only for the horror of uncontrolled nuclear power but alsofor the collapsing Soviet system and its reflexive secrecy and deception, disregard for the safety and welfare of workers and their families, and inability to deliver basic services such as health care and transportation, especially in crisis situations. The Chernobyl' catastrophe derailed what had been an ambitious nuclear power program and formed a fledgling environmental movement into a potent political force in Russia as well as a rallying point for achieving Ukrainian and Belorussian independence in 1991. The plant ceased operations in 2000. The power station was replaced by a thermal energy complex.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.