main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon On the Topic of Education . . .

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Gunny, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Bill and Eric, I dedicate this thread to you and your words of advice (see: naggings :p ) at a couple meetings last year.

This Wednesday, I will officially be done with high school. It's been a long, winding road, as the Beatles once said. However, I'm not quite sure right now if college will be better than high school, but I guess that I'll just have to find out in the Fall. :p

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Heck I just went to Chemeketa, even THAT was better than high school. High school sucks. College rucks(rocks, but it had to rhyme). No college is sweet. You'll MISS institutionalized education after awhile. I LOVE college. Le sigh. @};-

But then again, now that I have become a complete person who knows who the heck I am instead of some drifting youngin hellbent on getting out of high school fast than you can say block scheduling... I'd like to do high school over again... and totally OWN all the simple minded brats that run around trying to be cool! HA! :p

*ehem* [face_plain]

3. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    amen sister and to go one step further....you will all say this at some point in life....they were truely the best days of our lives gosh im old

4. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I personally liked college better than high school. For one thing, the social clicks are behind you. You can be your own person without judgment.

5. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    What, high school? I must not be normal, then. They were the absolute worst years of my life! But then again, I kind of brought a lot of that stuff on myself...

I have to agree with Crash on this one. I was a below average student in high school. that limited stint that I did in college, I was an above average student. I think part of it was that I had a vested interest in my education, when I was in college, instead of feeling like I was required to participate in a course opf study that held no interest to me, whatsoever!

Matt....

Chris (Crashdown), Eric (JawaFett) and myself only harped on you about your education because you are the future. We care about the future, so harping on you to excell is for your benefit (as it is ours ;)). You are kind of like the little brother of this crazy family of fanforcers, here. So, it is kind of our duty to encourage you along....

That and it scores brownie points for us with your parents! [face-grin]

I think I can say this for everyone one, congrats on a job well done. You worked hard and earned your graduation. You do us proud. Now go become a gazillionaire and remember your friends when you become rich and famous! :p

- Bill

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Thanks, Bill. :) Always nice to know that the FF is behind me.

7. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Always, my friend, always..... now do as I said, become very successful, makes lots of money and REMEMBER YOUR FRIENDS! :D

- Bill

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
  9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I'm going to take that as your solemn pledge that you will, indeed, remember your friends!
    :D

- Bill

10. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Stay in school. As long as you can. The rat race will always be here.

-Eric

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    So, tomorrow's my last day. All I have is a class where I will be presenting my projects, Study Hall, and another class where we probably won't do anything. It'll be a good day. :)

12. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    In high school I was what's known as a "drifter". I didn't really have friends. I lived every day waiting to get OUT of school and wanting to get it over with.

13. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Awesome!

I was pretty much the same way. I couldn't wait to get out... then when that time came, I felt I wasn't really ready. But you live and learn to deal with it.

- Bill

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, I'm out of HS circa yesterday. Now, graduation is the only thing left to do.

15. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
  16. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Congrats JEDIGUNSHIP!!!=D=

-Eric

17. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Woo hoo! Good job, Matt!

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I get my diploma tonight at Memorial Coliseum, with my graduating class of about 300. We have a large school. :)

19. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I thought 300 was about normal?

I went to a SMALL high school, we had about 173 or so.

20. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Wow, 300? Are you all shouting, "This is Sparta!"? Sorry, couldn't resist.

There were about 467 in my graduating class. That was about the average, in my high school. So it was nothing to think there could have been around 1500 kids in the high school, at any given time.

- Bill

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Our school has 5A enrollment this year, if you understand how that figures out, and this class size is about average.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.