main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

On which side does "The Phantom Menace" belong?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Spud The Hutt, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Here is something to keep you going until Decipher gives out their next quick fix of Tatooine card images. If you want to think about something that will really mess with yer gords check this out. What if Senator Palpatine is a Light Side card?

Go ahead. Read it one more time.

Alright, now that it's fully sunken in let's have some fun! Since Decipher ("Big D" as it shall be refered to from now on) has been great at putting aspects of the SW movies into the game (i.e. Dagobah deployment and more closely related Lando Calrissian's split persona's) it makes one wonder how exactly they are going to tackle the placement of Darth Sidious/Senator Palpatine into our beloved CCG universe.

And rather than try to bust my melon thinking of ideas at midnight I'd like to know what popular opinion says first. Have fun!

Spud

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I think Decipher has said that they will resolve the Palpatine/Sidious issue in the next set.

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    That they have, though Senator Palpatine is a LS card in Young Jedi....

4. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    How odd. I hope it makes sence, whatever they do.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually I'm kinda hoping we'll see an EU "Dark Empire" Luke for the darkside, with a similar "can be replaced by any lightside version" rule as with Lando. Maybe when combined with Vader you could have some kind of force drain bonus or hinderance for the lightside with a card called something like "Rule the Galaxy as Father and Son"....hey, now that i think of it, having a Darkside Luke could balance out having a Lightside Anakin card in the game...

Also would be neat to have a lightside card called "You Have Controlled Your Fear" to cancel, mirror or backfire the DS card "Fear", just because it makes sense[face_batting]

Let's see here, what else, how about a "Stop the Suns From Setting" to cancel or alter nightime condition cards...

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, it turns out that Palpatine is in fact a Light Side card. So there. ;)

7. MaxofTat

MaxofTat Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
  8. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    To be honest, I was kinda shocked/disappointed that there was no Darth Sidious. I don't know, maybe I was the only one expecting one..

9. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    Same here Red. The Dark Side needs more Dark Jedi! Lets hope there is a Darth Sidious in Theed Palace.

10. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Well, well, well. Looks like I called pretty head on, though, who knows what the future holds for "The Phantom Menace"?

Spud

PS - Have there ever been any Hutteese Jedi?

11. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    PS response: YES! Read Planet of Twilight ;)

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    NO, DON'T read Planet of Twilight! It's not worth it![face_batting]

Generally speaking there are no Hutt Jedi to my knowledge, or rather, to be more precise, no Hutt force-users, but that one in that book was some sort of exception i suppose....been awhile since i've read it and i have no intention of doing so again;;D

13. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, gee *I* could've said that, but I figured he could form his own opinion. Or to put it another way, ANYONE looking for Hutt Jedi deserves to wast-err...spend the money on that book ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.