main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST On Wookeeipedia

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Cyn, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    So, basically...what are those guys gonna do now? I mean, the EU has been canon for so long that it'll be nearly impossible to overhaul the existing pages for the main characters. For instance, Han's Wookeeipedia page doesn't even acknowledge Episode VII, rather than cutting out all of the Legends stuff it just ignores it all, so, now we have some bizarre situation where the go to Star Wars site refuses to acknowledge Han being dead. What are they gonna do?

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Give it time.

Chris_Fives and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Be patient. Wookieepedia is run by volunteers who are merely fans like you. Nobody on Wookieepedia had any advance knowledge of the plot. New sources always take some time to fully document, and this is especially the case with a film still in theaters where it's not possible for editors to have the source directly in front of them while writing an article (unless you want to be rude and inconsiderate in the theater with a bright screen). People will need to watch it in the theater multiple times to memorize plot points before articles can be accurately updated, and some of the finer details may have to wait for the DVD and Blu-ray release when it becomes possible to watch and write at the same time.

sizziano likes this.
  4. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    Patience, young one, there will be time.

Chris_Fives and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i don't even have words for this.

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    And as another note, being volunteers as I mentioned above, Wookieepedia users edit in their spare time, and for many people spare time is at reduced levels this time of year because of the holiday season. The time around Christmas has always been a bit slower in regard to editing activity. So it's basically the perfect storm here: a new hotly anticipated movie with tons of new canon information being released at the time of year when Wookieepedians are least able to perform massive article updates. It sucks, but that's life.

7. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    It most likely will be fixed some time after this month, it the holidays and many people are busy. As far as I know it is made up entirely of volunteers. So these people have other things going on for them right now, but they will correct it soon. A lot of people were not expecting Solo to die.

8. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Dude, be patient.. They are really trying hard to put everything in order..Go to Poe Dameron and you see all info from movies, 'shattered empire' and 'before the awakening' already there...^:)^ They are really doing what they can..

Plus they have put recently info that they are still trying to divide canon/legends stuff for main characters (for example Anakin) where content is really big.

Patience my friend, patience...

EviL_eLF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.