ON Once again requesting members for a KW fanforce

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SuperVader, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperVader Jedi Master

star 4
    Come on people lets just pull together and get a meeting together anyone who wants to come is welcome. lets see some fan support.
    sorry about the double post.
  2. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
  3. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like the Ontario Empire is growing. Too Bad no one wants to help in either Kitchener/Waterloo or the Durham Region.
  4. SuperVader Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll say

thanks YoungJediNiagara
  5. hawkbatcanuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, this is the first time I've seen this request. I'm from Cambridge, ON, just a short ways from KW...does that count?
  6. SuperVader Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats close enough we just need more interest to start something.
  7. JediCourier Jedi Master

star 4
    As you know, I tried to get something started up, but RL difficulties (My grandfather has only weeks to live, among other things) prevented me from doing this and I got distracted, but if you need help, just ask. (I'm at U of W, btw)
    :)
  8. Queen_Sara Jedi Master

star 4
    *waves* I'm in Brantford!! The only things we're known for are our flowers and teen pregnancy rates. Lol aren't we special?

Anyway, I'd love to come to any little gathering we set up, but I'm in a play with an uncertain schedule. Hopefully it won't be like the last one, where we were called the day of the rehearsal and told not to come. Half of us weren't even called.

Sooooo depending on my schedule, with school and homework and rehearsal and choir and any other things I'm handed, I may or may not be able to come. I'll try though!!

Ok enough from Sara.....

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

Edit: no swearing
  9. Uriana Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I'm not surprised this attempt has met with failure as well. There just doesn't seem to be many people around from KW. :(
  10. KissSpooky Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's funny, for an area that isn't actually all that small (the KW area's actually a decent size), we seem some sort of very determined "small town" xenophobia....not actually the term I want to use, but I just got off work and my brain's numb...anyway, what I was meaning was we (in the KW area, in general) don't really seem to try meeting new peoples a whole lot...
    Oh course, it's a little hypocritical of me to say so, seeing I'm the perfect example of what I'm talking about, but then I never denied being a hypocrite *grins*
    Anyway, for the record, I'm from the area. I work at the Centre in the Square, and would probably be up to forming something, depending on what it is a fan force tends to do (I'm not honestly sure what that would be...)
  11. MegDurron Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey! I'm from Owen Sound, its only 1hr 30mins for KW, plus i'm at student at UofW (distance ed until Sept04 ).

What is it you have in mind??
  12. Cow_Girl Chapter Rep Niagara ON, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Another Waterloo student eh?

I don't actually go there (I'm at McMaster myself) but I know so many peope going there next year and know the area so well that I feel like I do ;)

What are you taking?
  13. MegDurron Jedi Knight

star 1
    well originally i went to laurier (yes the highschool down the street lol) and i took archaeology.

i didnt like it. very boring.

then i took a year off to work.

No wi am starting distance ed this september for....i forget what its called but its basically sociology/socialwork. I"M going to actually move to waterloo either beginning next summer or by next september.

I love waterloo! its a great city!! :)
  14. JediCourier Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Major_Mannon, ArdensFurore and I all attend U of W...not that we've even bothered meeting :p Speaks to our laziness, or inherent distrust of strangers off the internet
    *eyes them all suspiciously*
    :p
  15. MegDurron Jedi Knight

star 1
    i've met people that i have talked to online. I've had good experiences and bad lol. aslong as you do it in a public or comfortable place the first time, what have you got to lose? :)
  16. JediCourier Jedi Master

star 4
    I was just kidding, I dated someone I met off here for over a long time :p Everybody in my Watched User List, I've met...so I've met lots of people offline...and not one has turned out to be a child molester, stalker or 50 year old trucker! :D
  17. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Chris is only a 32 year old trucker afterall! :p
  18. JediCourier Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay...well Chris is a trucker and John is 50... [face_mischief] :cool:

*scampers away like an imp* :D
  19. MegDurron Jedi Knight

star 1
    I met my bf online and we've been together for 2 1/2 years now. so yeah not everyone you meet online is a stalker! lol

however, there are a few scary ppl out there to look out for....
  20. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe K/W could try to plan a few things with Guelph, they aren't too far apart.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.