main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Once again requesting members for a KW fanforce

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SuperVader, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    Come on people lets just pull together and get a meeting together anyone who wants to come is welcome. lets see some fan support.
    sorry about the double post.

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    What double post? ;)

3. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Looks like the Ontario Empire is growing. Too Bad no one wants to help in either Kitchener/Waterloo or the Durham Region.

4. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    I'll say

thanks YoungJediNiagara

5. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Hey, this is the first time I've seen this request. I'm from Cambridge, ON, just a short ways from KW...does that count?

6. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    Thats close enough we just need more interest to start something.

7. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    As you know, I tried to get something started up, but RL difficulties (My grandfather has only weeks to live, among other things) prevented me from doing this and I got distracted, but if you need help, just ask. (I'm at U of W, btw)
    :)

8. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    *waves* I'm in Brantford!! The only things we're known for are our flowers and teen pregnancy rates. Lol aren't we special?

Anyway, I'd love to come to any little gathering we set up, but I'm in a play with an uncertain schedule. Hopefully it won't be like the last one, where we were called the day of the rehearsal and told not to come. Half of us weren't even called.

Sooooo depending on my schedule, with school and homework and rehearsal and choir and any other things I'm handed, I may or may not be able to come. I'll try though!!

Ok enough from Sara.....

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

Edit: no swearing

9. Uriana

Uriana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Yeah, I'm not surprised this attempt has met with failure as well. There just doesn't seem to be many people around from KW. :(

10. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    It's funny, for an area that isn't actually all that small (the KW area's actually a decent size), we seem some sort of very determined "small town" xenophobia....not actually the term I want to use, but I just got off work and my brain's numb...anyway, what I was meaning was we (in the KW area, in general) don't really seem to try meeting new peoples a whole lot...
    Oh course, it's a little hypocritical of me to say so, seeing I'm the perfect example of what I'm talking about, but then I never denied being a hypocrite *grins*
    Anyway, for the record, I'm from the area. I work at the Centre in the Square, and would probably be up to forming something, depending on what it is a fan force tends to do (I'm not honestly sure what that would be...)

11. MegDurron

MegDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey! I'm from Owen Sound, its only 1hr 30mins for KW, plus i'm at student at UofW (distance ed until Sept04 ).

What is it you have in mind??

12. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Another Waterloo student eh?

I don't actually go there (I'm at McMaster myself) but I know so many peope going there next year and know the area so well that I feel like I do ;)

What are you taking?

13. MegDurron

Jun 23, 2002
    well originally i went to laurier (yes the highschool down the street lol) and i took archaeology.

i didnt like it. very boring.

then i took a year off to work.

No wi am starting distance ed this september for....i forget what its called but its basically sociology/socialwork. I"M going to actually move to waterloo either beginning next summer or by next september.

I love waterloo! its a great city!! :)

14. JediCourier

Feb 2, 2001
    Well Major_Mannon, ArdensFurore and I all attend U of W...not that we've even bothered meeting :p Speaks to our laziness, or inherent distrust of strangers off the internet
    *eyes them all suspiciously*
    :p

15. MegDurron

Jun 23, 2002
    i've met people that i have talked to online. I've had good experiences and bad lol. aslong as you do it in a public or comfortable place the first time, what have you got to lose? :)

16. JediCourier

Feb 2, 2001
    I was just kidding, I dated someone I met off here for over a long time :p Everybody in my Watched User List, I've met...so I've met lots of people offline...and not one has turned out to be a child molester, stalker or 50 year old trucker! :D

17. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Yeah, Chris is only a 32 year old trucker afterall! :p

18. JediCourier

Feb 2, 2001
    Okay...well Chris is a trucker and John is 50... [face_mischief] :cool:

*scampers away like an imp* :D

19. MegDurron

Jun 23, 2002
    I met my bf online and we've been together for 2 1/2 years now. so yeah not everyone you meet online is a stalker! lol

however, there are a few scary ppl out there to look out for....

20. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Maybe K/W could try to plan a few things with Guelph, they aren't too far apart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.