main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Once again...who was Sifo-Dyas and what was his role?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Banal, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    I didn't read Labyrinth of Evil which I heard explains all this due to non wanting to be spoilered. But ROTS didn't go into this, so can anyone just give me that basic rundown?

Was Sifo-Dyas a real Jedi?

If so, was he on the Council?

Why did he order the clones? Evil intent, or..?

Who killed him? Dooku?

Who erased the Kamino archive memory? Again, Dooku?

Thanks....this'll be the last time I ask. :p

2. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Don't feel bad--I did read LoE and forgot!

I was just researching this in the Lit forum. a post there contains a more complex explanation than I remember being in LoE, but the author didn't cite sources.

In, brief, just to satisfy your curiosity:

Sifo was a real Jedi, on the council, who was friends with Dooku, and foresaw that a galactic conflict would take place at some point in the future. He ordered the clones on his own so that the Republic wouldn't be caught off-guard. He informed only Dooku, who would later turn to the darkside, kill Sifo as a show of loyalty to Sids, and erase there archives.

If anyone knows more details and/or has a better memory, please post! Especially if you can indicate which info comes from what sources, in case anyone wants to do any supplemental reading.

3. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    thanks W_J_E!

Link to that Lit Forum post?

That covers the basics.

4. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Link to that Lit Forum post?

[Jar Jar]Um..dis embarrassing...[/Jar Jar]

I actually don't know how to link to a post. I went into the Lit forum and did a search for "Sifo Dyas clones order". One of the threads that popped up is called "Sifo Diaz" (note spelling). You should be able to find it. If anyone less ignorant than I could link to it, it'd be a public service. :)

5. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.