main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Once More Around the Block: Skywalker family silliness

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Miska, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Once More Around the Block

Summary: A little late-night silliness. Mara takes Ben for his first driving lesson...

Disclaimer: Luke belongs to GL, Mara belongs to Zahn, and Ben belongs to whoever it was that created him. I'm just playing around with them ;) The bad driving, however, belongs exclusively to me.

I know absolutely nothing about speeders or what makes them go, (or even if they run on gas, which they probably don't) so don't kill me if it's all wrong. And it's very rough and totally un-betaed...okay, enough apologies :D Enjoy!

Husband and wife glared at each other from across the room.

?You have to take him,? Luke said in a tone that brooked no argument. Mara?s eyes narrowed.

?Listen, Skywalker-?

?I ?fresher-trained him, Mara. You still owe me for that one.? She groaned mentally. How long was he going to keep bringing that up? Still, a girl could try?

?That was twelve years ago, Luke. Besides, don?t they have droids to do this?? A smile tugged at his lips as he shook his head, walked to the door, and reached toward the controls. ?Fine. But don?t blame me if neither of us come back in one piece.?

?With our combined genes?? Luke winked at her. ?Impossible. Besides, it?s a great opportunity for a little mother-son bonding.?

The door slid open, and Mara tried to look optimistic in the face of their fourteen year old son.

?Come on, Ben. We?re going for a driving lesson.?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

?Okay,? Mara started once they were inside the family speeder. ?Brake. Steering. Gas.? She pointed to the respective parts. ?Let?s try you out. [i]Gently[/i] press the gas pedal with your right foot.? Ben grinned in excitement- an innocent, boyish smile that so reminded her of Luke that for a minute she relented?

Until the sudden acceleration of the vehicle flung her back against the seat. ?Ben! Stop!? Panicked, the boy slammed his foot on a pedal, which caused them to go faster. ?Press the BREAK pedal!? The speeder skidded to a stop, turning almost a full circle in the empty parking lot she had selected for their first lesson.

Trying to catch her breath, Mara turned to face her son. ?They call them speed bumps,? she began carefully, ?because they?re supposed to make you slow down.? Ben smiled sheepishly.

?Sorry, Mom.?

?Right.? She ran a hand through her hair, blowing out a breath. ?And the brake pedal is on the left side.?

?Yeah.?

?Gas is on the right.?

?Okay.?

?Getting them mixed up?that?s bad.? He rolled his eyes in the universal gesture of teenage impatience. ?All right. Let?s go.?

Ben released the break pedal and they started to move. After the first few moments of not hitting anything, Mara began to breathe easily. [i]Maybe I went a little to hard on him,[/i] she thought. [i]He?s really not that bad. After all, it is his first time?[/i] Ben navigated easily through the parking lot for several more minutes until Mara decided it was time to try something a little more?challenging. ?Okay, I want you to make a right turn here.? He began to comply. ?Put on your signal, SLOW DOWN-?

?I am slowing down!?

?Not slow enough!?

?Mom, I can?t concentrate with you-?

?Ben, look out!? Mara took over the steering wheel as a large cargo-speeder entered the parking lot and swerved to avoid them, shouting some less-than-friendly comments in another language. Mara?s temper flared and she shoved her head out the window.

?Hey, pal, that?s my son you?re talking to! He can drive better than you with one arm tied behind his-?

?[i]Mom[/i]!? Ben?s cheeks were bright red with annoyance and frustration. ?Can we just keep going?!? She threw a final glare at the retreating speeder and turned her attention back to her son.

?Sure, honey.? Her expression turned stern, and she waved an admonishing finger at him. ?[i]Never[/i] do what I just did.?

?Whatever, Mom. Let?s go.?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An hour later, Luke surveyed the aggravated expression on Ben?s face and Mara?s messy hair and flushe

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *grins* Pretty good, Miska! :D

?With our combined genes?? Luke winked at her. ?Impossible.

Luke really does have a point there. No child of theirs could be a bad pilot. ;) Also loved the part about Luke holding the fresher-training over Mara's head twelve years later. :D

Ben grinned in excitement- an innocent, boyish smile that so reminded her of Luke that for a minute she relented?

Aw, that's sweet. :)

Her expression turned stern, and she waved an admonishing finger at him. ?Never do what I just did.?

LOL! And the ending is great. Good job! :D

3. Benjor45

Benjor45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Watch out Han!

This reminded me of a crazy Aunt I have... I can imagine Mara driving in heavy traffic, someone cuts her way and she shouts improperties at the sunday driver, while Luke LHisAO at her side. [face_laugh]

I have to say that with Luke, Mara, Han, Jaina, Lando, etc in the family, Ben would probably already have learned to fly either speeder and/or fighters at 14.

But this made for a good scene. :)

Great job, Miska!

Edit: darn, I thought I had gotten the first answer. :p

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    LOL! That was great Miska!

5. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Glad you all liked it :) I'd be lying if I said it wasn't based on personal experiences...individual replies l8r, when I'm finished study for a huge biology test!

6. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    LOL!!

loved it!!

I would love to see the Han and Ben driving part ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.