main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Once Upon A Clue Final (Lengthy!) Guess - Fool's Hope (time travel) [Clue Challenge]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Chilla, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Title: Inishiative
    Time Period: Before
    Genre: Humor
    Characters: Mara Jade, the Emperor, nameless Captain

Guessing:
    Character: Mara Jade; Action: Baking a Cake; Location: Star Destroyer

Inishiative

She was six. He was.... six hundred at least. Possibly older.

In her mind, it didn't matter. Every time the Emperor looked away from the screen where he was reading the report about her training progress, she flashed him a grin. Somehow, it seemed to deepen the lines around his mouth and over his brows. She had been chastised many times to "stop fooling around", "behave like an adult" or the like by her various teachers. Usually, Mara did a good job looking sullen and gloomy. But today she had managed an extraordinary feat.

She had found all the ingredients for Uulja cake by raiding almost all the kitchens on board the Star Destroyer she was currently on.
    Recently, she had overheard the Emperor in conversation with Dark Vayda. She had only heard parts of it, but that was enough.

"Soon," the Emperor had said, and "The time has almost come", "I look forward to..." and "... will be mine."

Clearly, the Emperor's Life Day was near and he was very excited.

Mara had no money, nor many own possessions. There was nothing she could give him for his Life Day, unless she made something herself. Her teachers would approve of her.... what was it called....inishiative?

Of course the Emperor was not happy about her grinning. Maybe he wanted to keep his Life Day a surprise and was worried she had found out about it and would tell everyone.

Finally, the "dibreefing" was over and she had some free time. The captain had allowed her to use his kitchen. She found all her supplies there, neatly stacked. Mara Jade needed no recipe.

She simply mixed everything in a bowl using a fork, then put the somewhat patchy dough inside a backing pan - shaped like the Imperial Insignia - and shoved the cake into the oven. She had no idea which setting would be good, so she pressed some buttons randomly. Her teachers had told her to trust the Force, so she did.

It went well. For a while.

After ten minutes, she noticed that smoke was coming out of the oven. That did not seem correct.

As she opened the oven door, the Captain burst into the kitchen unit.

"Mara, what's going on? Why didn't you wait with cooking until I was back?" He looked worried at the smoke, which was escaping through the now open oven door and curling up towards the ceiling. A moment later, it triggered the fire alarm.

Quickly, he rushed over, turned the oven off, hastily grabbed two mittens and pulled the cake out.

He placed it on a plate. Mara stared at the cake. It was crispy black on the outside, but wobbled in the middle.

The Captain was rapidly talking into his commlink. The klaxon was turned off. He glared at her.

"See what you did there? You almost started a fire."

Mara gazed up at the Captain. A sudden change come over his scowling face. He sighed.

"It wasn't so bad. You did well on your own." The Captain ran a hand through his hair and glanced around in his kitchen. "I will bake another cake, okay? And show you how to do it."

Luckily the Captain had all the ingredients there, no need to go to various kitchens. Mara wondered if she shouldn't have told him about her plan in the first place. That might have been much easier. Using the mixing unit this time, the new dough became rather smooth. After the dough was placed inside the oven, they settled down in front of the Holonet.

Halfway through the second episode of Little Soldier, the Captain looked at her, clearing his throat.

"So.....," he approached slowly, "who are you baking a cake for?"

Mara considered. Was this a "state secret"? But then again. she was talking to a captain.

She stood up on the sofa and whispered into his ear. The captain smiled broadly.

The next day, Mara was inside the Emperor's chambers when the Captain requested an audience. As expected of her, she stood beside the Emperor silently and without hunching. Her teachers called this "attention".

The Captain was holding her cake on a silver platter with one hand and a long, slender bag in his other hand when he came in.

As they had agreed to the day before, she asked the Emperor for permission to step forward and to speak freely. He granted it, frowning deeply.

Maybe he was angry because he hadn't received any gifts yet.

Quickly, she took the cake from the Captain and gave it to the Emperor.

"Happy Life Day."

She beamed.

The Emperor leaned back in his throne. Mara had never seen his eyes open so wide.

Next, the Captain stepped forward and offered his best wishes and the best wine from his family estate.

The Emperor was silent. Then he suddenly leaned forward, smiling benevolently.

"Come here, my child."

He petted her head.

"Thank you for your gift. You may go now and take the day off."

"We won't have a party?" Mara was a bit disappointed. She never got to go to any parties.

"You will go to plenty of parties once you are older," the Emperor told her, as always knowing what she was thinking. "Now go."

She saluted and left, knowing the "I'm busy with work" tone of voice.

The Captain stayed behind.

"Well done," the Emperor commented.

"It was my pleasure."
    "What is your assessment of her actions?"

The question surprised him a bit. The Captain straightened his back even more.

"She shows remarkable initiative and planning skills for her age. She got the ingredients by asking in several kitchens, thereby hiding her goal well. Her desire to give a Life Day present to His Majesty shows her deep devotion."

"She got the day wrong." The Emperor actually seemed very unhappy about this part.

Bravely, the Captain soldiered on.

"I would be rather worried if she had found out about our campaign against the rebels. She drew an appropriate conclusion from the information she was given."

The Captain was sweating now. Thankfully, the Emperor did not punish him for speaking so boldly. In the end, he was released.

Bowing deeply, the Captain made his retreat. Maybe he should hint around Mara that his own Life Day was in two days.

Sorry for the confusion, guys. Here's my first guess. Critique is always welcome!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Very cute story.

Note to other readers: this story has been disproved, however the person forgot to comment on here that the could disprove it.

3. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Little Mara is soo cute! I think Palpatine didn't expect it.

4. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks Briannakin and Demendora!

I think the Emperor knew that she was plotting something, but she took off in a different direction than he had anticipated. The Captain was kind in playing along with her, even though he knew it was the wrong day.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see Mara here in a cute story

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I loved this! What a great way to take a silly ideas and make a plausible story!
    Mara was very cute here! I enjoyed this a lot!

=D=

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'm not taking part in the Clue challenge, but I'm enjoying the stories. Loved this one with Little!Mara trying to put two and two together and coming up with birthday instead of 'super secret mission' having to do with Rebels. Hee.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Fun! guess?/challenge response :)

9. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Love little Mara in this! I especially like this part:
    She had no idea which setting would be good, so she pressed some buttons randomly. Her teachers had told her to trust the Force, so she did. ... After ten minutes, she noticed that smoke was coming out of the oven. That did not seem correct.

10. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed that story!

I'm afraid the next one is rather dark....and long. But this story insisted on being written.

Guess #2:

Title: Weakness

Time Period: Before and Saga, AU
    Genre: Drama

Main Cast:
    Julien Dale (OC, male Human politician)
    Saaryn Haylem (OC, female Human Jedi)
    Palpatine/ Darth Sidious (Human politician and Sith Apprentice)
    Darth Plagueis (Muun Sith Lord)

Guessing:
    Character: Darth Sidious/ Palpatine, Action: Grieving for a Loved One, Location: Jedi Temple

Weakness

In the beginning, they were three.

Two young men, one an aspiring politician and the other a collector of artifacts, and a female Jedi.

Julien Dale was the heir to a dynasty of Naboo politicians, destined to take over the role of his father one day and shape the future of their home planet. He had brown hair and gray eyes, dressed in long robes and seemed to be constantly frowning.

His best friend attended the same university, but had specialized in archeology. He was ever searching for knowledge and seeking old artifacts in particular. His name was Noctus. He, too, came from a family of nobles and politicians, but he was rebellious, always objecting to his father.

The third one was a recent addition to their club: a young Jedi, sent to Naboo to guard Julien's father, who had recently received death threats from an unknown source. Saaryn Haylem was her name. Her straight, blond hair fell past her shoulders and her keen gray-brown eyes were always alert.

Roughly the same age, they frequently discussed politics and economy in the vast gardens of the Dale's mansion or played Dejarik, whenever Saaryn's duties allowed her to participate. As time went on, Julien grew frustrated with the lack of progress into the investigation of the death threats against his father.

Slowly, over the span of several months, Julien's health started to decline, although he was only in his late twenties. Hiding the symptoms well, his two friends did not notice it for a long time. Saaryn did her best to aid Julien with the Force, but the nature of his illness continued to elude her and the assembled doctors. In the end, she could only prolong the inevitable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the middle, they were two.

Saaryn cried when Julien's body was lowered into the family grave on one glorious summer day. Her shirt was soaked with tears. Noctus had his arm around her shoulder, struggling with his own feelings.

As his last request, Julien had asked Noctus to become a politician in his stead. Noctus had grudgingly agreed.

Now, it was just him and Saaryn left. She had lost some of the light in her eyes. He cooked and cared for her. A few weeks later, she launched herself into the investigation around the threats against the Dale family with renewed effort, looking for any connection to Julien's death.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, there was only one.

Noctus stood besides Saaryn's motionless body. She had been placed on a dais in the Jedi Temple, beautifully dressed in a blue gown, her hair shimmering like lace. But her face was empty. The light had gone out of her eyes forever. Her hands would never help someone in need again and her laughter would never ring through a room again.

She had died in an accident, they said. She had been on board of a passenger ship from Theed to another city on Naboo when the engine had blown up and the ship had crashed, killing all passengers. Such accidents were normal enough that the Jedi had not investigated the incident. But Noctus knew better.

He had killed them. He had killed them all.

Julien had been drained by a Sith Force technique that slowly sapped his life energy. Saaryn had not recognized it for what it was, foolish as the Jedi were in believing that the Sith didn't exist anymore. But later, she had dug deeper and deeper, at last delving into Noctus' own collection of artifacts and Sith scrolls. It was only a matter of time until she would have found out who had been behind Julien's death.

Noctus had had to act.

Anger seeped off him as he stalked away from Saaryn's body. He would not watch her burn on the funeral pyre, would not watch the flames lick over her body. As he moved through the Jedi Temple, not a single Jedi picked up on the Sith in their midst, nor on his emotions. To them, he seemed impassive, just another visitor come to ask them for a favor or their advice. How arrogant they were.

His master's hideout was not far away by speeder, not even hidden. Just another apartment in a house with many, spacious, but not luxurious enough to draw attention to the owner.

The door closed silently behind him and Noctus faked a smile. His master was waiting in his main room, resting comfortably in a chair with a high neck and red-gold cushions. Darth Plagueis was a Muun, a near-humanoid. His red robes whispered as he turned to Noctus from his map of the sector on the screen beside him, holding a wine glass in one hand.

"Report, my apprentice," he ordered in a low voice. Completely oblivious to Noctus' feelings.

Remaining calm, Noctus told him about how he had killed Julien, taken his spot in Naboo's political landscape and then gotten rid Saaryn before she could uncover his identity as a Sith apprentice, all without attracting the Jedi's attention.

"They are growing old and stagnant. The Jedi won't believe in our existence because they believe in their own superiority and their defeat of us. They believe themselves to be infallible," Darth Plagueis commented when he was done with his report. Plagueis spared no comment for the fact that Noctus had killed his friends, because there was nothing to be said about it for a Sith.

Noctus' hands curled into fists. In his head, something started to throb loudly, threatening to drown every thought out.

"Well done. I will give you a new mission soon."

And with that, it was done. Just like that. The throbbing sped up. A red haze fell over Noctus' vision.

Plagueis turned his chair around to the screen again, believing his apprentice to leave immediately. That was all the opening Noctus needed.

He hurled himself at Plagueis without any sound or warning. His outstretched hand curled into a fist. The Force obeyed, smashing the chair, screen and glass into a pulp. But not the person in the chair. When Noctus had reached the chair and ignited his lightsaber, Plagueis was gone, his merciless laughter echoing through the room. The next moment, pain rippled through Noctus, forcing him onto his knees. The lightsaber fell from his limp fingers and shut down, as blue bolts of Force lightning danced over his body, causing all of his muscles to spasm.

Over his screams, his master mocked him from behind him.

"You thought I would let my guard down? You little fool. You are still far away from being able to kill me and taking my place."

With some effort, Noctus found the words and forced them out.

"You made me kill her!"

He would never see her eyes light up again when he made a joke, nor hear her hum a song when she made her morning round through the Dale mansion. He also would not see her spar again, dancing over the grass with her blade the color of the sun, nor look at the stars with her at night. He would not get to hold her again or make plans for a future with her.

Plagueis just laughed.

"No. That's what you did."

This time Noctus' did not scream because of the lightning bolts tormenting him. Too late, he realized that it had been his choice all along. He could have found a way to divert Saaryn's attention, to make her investigation come to a different result. But he hadn't. He had gone the Sith way.

Noctus closed his eyes against the pain, but he could still see her face clearly. The brown dots in her gray eyes seemed to dance and there were crinkles around her eyes from laughing. That's the way she always looked in his mind.

Plagueis' voice has next to his ear when the next wave of Fore lightning struck him, sending him to the floor.

"Look at yourself. Look at your pitiful emotionality over this girl. Don't you realize that this was necessary for you? How do you ever expect to become a Sith master if you have such a big weakness?"

"Love is a weakness, Noctus."

He left him curled up on the floor after he was done punishing him for his boldness, hours later. Still, the pain lasted much longer than that.

A Sith was not forbidden to form attachments or feel strong emotions, unlike the Jedi. Instead, the Sith took strength from them. But never were they to let these emotions become shackles.

That was the lesson Plagueis taught his student that day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*40 years later*

In the beginning, there was only him.

Noctus Palpatine, chancellor of the Republic, looked over Coruscant from the window of his apartment. The city stretched out to the sides and down below, as far as the eye could see, the lights forming colorful stellar constellations under the black sky. A myriad of beings were down there, all under his rule.

He had killed his master years ago. Now he lived in a society run by Jedi, still completely oblivious to his existence. Soon, that would change. Soon, the city underneath his feet would burn.

His finger pressed a button on the screen embedded into his heavy, wooden desk. This simple action would set a plan into motion that would lead to the downfall of the Jedi and the destruction of the Republic as it had been. Decades of planning would soon bear fruit. Young Anakin Skywalker would fall and become his apprentice. Padmé Amidala, the only one who might be able to hold him back, would be killed by him as he tried to save her, erasing his biggest weakness. Love would not continue to chain Anakin down, keeping him from realizing his full potential.

And Palpatine would create a new order with Anakin at his side.

His secretary called him, reminding him of his appointment with Senator Saaryn Hellox. An old memory stirred at that name. Saaryn, what an unusual name. Once upon a time, he had known someone called Saaryn, but he couldn't remember who it had been.
    It did not matter.

As he looked over the city again, Noctus Palpatine smiled.

This was merely the beginning of the end.

AzureAngel2, Jabari and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Awesome fic Plagueis you captured him perfectly omg <3 He's using his weird vocabulary with words like 'emotionality'.
    I can disprove this fic.

12. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thank you! The best part is that I have never even read a story with Plagueis in it.... xD I had to copy and paste his name, too, because I couldn't remember the correct spelling.
    Thanks!

13. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    WHOA. :0 You got his mannerisms/personality perfectly. I also have a hard time spelling it lol

Chilla likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Creepy Sith. A great fic

Chilla likes this.
  15. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Very nice. I was wondering how Noctus fit in with Palpatine... like the first name!

Chilla likes this.
  16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I was trying to keep the connection secret until the very end. :D I had a hard time coming up with Palpy's first name, though. In the end, I settled on something that would foreshadow a danger ("Noctus" as a variation of "Nox", the Latin word for night/darkness), sounded good with his last name and also seemed like a name an aristocratic family would give their son. Still, I'm sure there are better first names for him out there.

Thanks, Jabari, earlybird-obi-wan and VanishingReality! [:D]

Jabari likes this.
  17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I'm a bit late, but I was running out of plot bunnies. Here is my third guess:

Guess #3:

Title: Like My Brother Before Me

Time Period: Saga, AU
    Genre: Action

Guessing:
    Character: Leia Organa, Action: Dueling with a Lightsaber, Location: Death Star

Like My Brother Before Me

So this is it.
    Leia's eyes met Mon Mothma's briefly as she was roughly pushed from the bridge by a stormtrooper. The older woman looked pale, but composed, even though she would most likely be tortured and executed soon. However, her eyes only held sadness for Leia's fate.

The princess of a destroyed planet stumbled into the turbolift. She was tired and worn from months of running away, getting little sleep and never knowing whom she could trust. In a way, it was almost a relief that it would be over now. But she wasn't quite ready to give up yet.

She raised her lined eyes defiantly when the turbolift reached the highest floor and the doors opened to reveal a wide chamber with gleaming metal floors and wall, unfurnished except for the black throne in the middle. Behind the throne, windows allowed for a view of the stars or in this case, a planet's shimmering globe, slowly spinning below the Death Star.

A robed figure was seated in the throne, watching the peaceful planet. His skin was sunken in and shriveled much beyond his age. Leia Organa had met him before, back when she had been senator of her home planet. She suppressed a shiver when he turned his chair around and smiled at her.

Despite the binders around her wrists and her heavy legs, Leia strode forward purposefully and with her head held high, the years of being a politician helping her mask her disgust and fear.

She came to a stop in front of the stairs leading up to the throne. Darth Vader, the Emperor's right hand, had taken up position next to his master. His artificial breathing filled the silence.

She could barely look at him. This was the spot where Luke had stood when he had faced the Emperor and Darth Vader, his own father. No, not only his father, also her father. She had only slowly come to accept that the figure that had hunted and killed most of her friends and comrades was in fact her father. He had even killed his own son, her twin brother.

After telling her about his - no, their - heritage, Luke had left to face the Emperor alone, hoping maybe that he could somehow save their father and gain his help. Oddly enough, Leia could feel a remnant of Luke's presence here, a small part that felt less dark in a pitch-black world. It comforted her a bit.

She had lost her brother only hours after discovering his existence. Having lost her family when Alderaan was destroyed, finding a sibling had felt like a blessing; a miracle that had then been taken away almost instantly and replaced by worry about him as he left, and later turned to pain when Luke died. Even though her Force abilities hadn't been developed, she had felt her twin's death. Han had dragged her out of harm's way after she broke down during their mission to destroy the bunker that powered the shield of the Death Star. Everything had gone wrong after that.
    They had not been able to destroy the Death Star, losing most of their fleet against the massive armada of Star Destroyers the Emperor had gathered for his trap.
    Eventually, they had had to flee and they had never really stopped running since.

The smile of the Emperor held the knowledge that the last remnants of resistance against him had been wiped out at last.

Still, something burned inside Leia's spirit, something that had not been broken when she had been tortured by Darth Vader on the First Death Star years ago, nor when she had seen her friends abandon her or die.

Hope.

It had not been much, in between hiding and relocating outposts, fighting battles and planning missions, but she had been trained. After Luke's death, the shimmering form of a Force ghosts had appeared to her. Obi-Wan Kenobi, whom she had asked for his help years ago, had come to her help yet again. Now, she was a Jedi, destined to take her brother's place. The last one of the Rebels, the last one of the Jedi, she was truly the last tiny bit of hope they had.

"Your resistance had ended, my dear," the Emperor's voice echoed through the room, enveloping her.

"As long as the Empire exists and you and your murdering henchmen live, there will also be a resistance," Leia shot back.
    "You are foolish to believe that you can kill an ideal. Freedom and equality are goals many people are ready to fight for. In the end, your own soldiers will abandon you when they realize what you have done."

"Brave words from a captive. Your brother was brave as well, but in the end he died. You stand less of a chance against us than he did. Do you really think the ramblings of an old Jedi will be able to help you against us? Do you really think you can succeed where your brother failed?" the Emperor said, leaning forward. "Don't you wish to preserve your life and that of your remaining friends? You can create a new order together with us. You could change the Empire to your liking, abolish the ways that you loath so much."
    "You could even have a home again," he glanced at his silent companion, "and a family."

"I will never join you! I am a Jedi!"
    Leia raised her head proudly. She and Luke hadn't had much in common, but she was proud that she shared this with him.

"Then, my little Jedi, are you willing to fight for your beliefs and to die for them as well, like your brother before you?"

The Emperor opened a slit inside his throne and drew a cylinder from it. Leia recognized it immediately. Luke's lightsaber.

"If you want to save yourself, you will need to fight us." The Emperor's fingers stroked the lightsaber's hilt.

Leia stared back. Fighting was not the Jedi's way, she understood that. That's why the Emperor wanted her to fight, after all. And yet, if she wanted to save the people she held dear, if she wanted to protect this galaxy from evil, she would have to follow his wish. Even though she could barely stand straight from exhaustion and had never fought someone before. Even though this was her father she was facing, too.

Drawing on the power within her, she called the lightsaber into her hands. The green blade sprang to life instantly. At the same time, her father moved between her and the Emperor, blocking her path with his red blade. To the sound of the Emperor's laughter, she charged.

Their blades clashed loudly, with Leia balancing awkwardly on the first steps of the stairs, Darth Vader's huge form towering above her. He had much more leverage from his position, effortlessly pressing her blade down with his weight. She sidestepped, kicking his side as he fell forward. However, she was not strong enough to do any real damage. Darth Vader swirled around at the foot of the stairs, striking at her body with his lightsaber. She blocked with both hands on the hilt, almost losing her grip on the lightsaber. He was too strong for her to be able to keep this up for long; she could see this immediately.

She summoned the Force again, striking him with it while simultaneously attacking with her lightsaber. Vader allowed himself to be hit by the Force blow, using it to somersault backwards and away from her lightsaber strikes.

Giving her no chance to consider a new approach, he jumped forward, rapidly hitting her with his blade. She was able to deflect his blows, but a kick caught her in her abdomen, driving her back.
    Straightening up, she was thrown back by a Force blow. Her body hit the hard floor and slid back on the smooth surface.

Raising her head, she saw the two black figures and behind them the globe of the planet spinning below the Death Star. It looked strikingly similar to Alderaan.

Bending her back, she rose to her knees and then her feet. Gripping the lightsaber with both hands again, she straightened and met her father's eyes, or rather, his mask. Forcing her legs to run, she rushed forward again.

She would not fall.

AzureAngel2 and Jabari like this.
  18. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Nice. However, I can disprove this story.

Chilla likes this.
  19. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Next guess! I'm officially out of plot bunnies now...

Guess #4:

Title: Darth Grumpy

Time Period: Saga
    Genre: Humor

Guessing:
    Character: Darth Vader, Action: Petting a Pittin, Location: Death Star

Darth Grumpy

It was brown and fluffy, the little thing that had five Imperial officers chasing it through the Death Star.

Darth Vader emerged from his chambers to investigate the source of the commotion outside. Five officers in their green uniforms were sliding and slipping on the polished metal floors, trying to catch a small animal that kept dodging any attempt at grabbing it. Nimbly, it darted between the legs of the much taller men.

Darth Vader glared as one officer slid onto his knees in an effort to catch the creature. Such behavior was unbecoming of an Imperial Officer. Especially an officer under his command. Naturally, his glare fell short of it intended effect because it failed to catch their attention. Instead, he breathed menacingly for a while. When even that proved futile, he raised his voice, booming down the hallway.

"What is going on here?"

Everyone in the hallway, including the animal, turned to him. A junior officer, passing by with a stack of datacards, froze and dropped all cards. The kneeling office, who had managed to grap the tail of the little animal, let go off it. In a burst of speed, accompanied by loud noises, the animal raced down the hallway -

- until it was jerked from the ground and levitated into the air by Darth Vader. He pulled it to him, grabbing it by the throat. It complained ferociously and attempted to scratch him. He turned it around to face him. Now he could see that it was a particularly grumpy pittin.

An older officer, slightly graying at the temples underneath his cap, gathered his courage.

"Your Highness, His Majesty the Emperor has bought this pittin. Unfortunately it escaped. But his Majesty is very fond of this particular pittin and ordered its capture."

Looking at the pittin carefully, Darth Vader could see how it had charmed the Emperor. Its mouth seemed to be frozen in a sour expression. Several officers already bore the marks of their encounters with its claws.

The longer he stood there in silence, actually just studying the pittin, the paler the officers looked. In the end, he placed the pittin on his arm, awkwardly patting its head. The officers stared.
    Vader hadn't done anything as gentle as that in a long time. He was very much out of his element. Still, it seemed to work. The pittin started to purr and stopped trying to escape. Its expression didn't improve in the least, though.

Darth Vader turned his attention to the officers.

"I will take the creature to my master. Return to your duties."

The assembled officers immediately vanished, including the Junior Officer, leaving Darth Vader with a sour looking pittin and a bunch of scattered datacards.

He wasn't even wearing his helmet, he realized.

Inspired by this meme. I think there was also another one in which the Emperor said that the Dark Side is strong in Grumpy Cat.... xD

[​IMG]

AzureAngel2, Jabari and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    That is hilarious! [face_laugh] I love Grumpy Cat and to see him in a Star Wars fic is awesome! :D

Chilla likes this.
  21. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Hahaha. I love that grumpy-looking kitty, too.

22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    HA! It does look like a Sith Kitty!

Chilla likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the Sith Cat

Chilla likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Riveted by your fic for guess #3. =D= Very well done and #4 [face_laugh] Sith Kitty [face_laugh]

Chilla likes this.
  25. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    And you did not mention anything of this gorgeous fanfic when you sat on my sofa yesterday. You keep valuable information from me, young one. :p

Anyway, thanks for visiting an old friend & not being afraid of my current cough attacks.

I just had some of the apple mus that I did for yesterday & read all your updates.

The last one was the best, because you know what a big Vader fangirl I am.

It was brown and fluffy, the little thing that had five Imperial officers chasing it through the Death Star.

Darth Vader emerged from his chambers to investigate the source of the commotion outside. Five officers in their green uniforms were sliding and slipping on the polished metal floors, trying to catch a small animal that kept dodging any attempt at grabbing it. Nimbly, it darted between the legs of the much taller men.

Darth Vader glared as one officer slid onto his knees in an effort to catch the creature. Such behavior was unbecoming of an Imperial Officer. Especially an officer under his command. Naturally, his glare fell short of it intended effect because it failed to catch their attention. Instead, he breathed menacingly for a while. When even that proved futile, he raised his voice, booming down the hallway.

"What is going on here?"

Everyone in the hallway, including the animal, turned to him. A junior officer, passing by with a stack of datacards, froze and dropped all cards. The kneeling office, who had managed to grap the tail of the little animal, let go off it. In a burst of speed, accompanied by loud noises, the animal raced down the hallway -

- until it was jerked from the ground and levitated into the air by Darth Vader. He pulled it to him, grabbing it by the throat. It complained ferociously and attempted to scratch him. He turned it around to face him. Now he could see that it was a particularly grumpy pittin.

Chilla and Nyota's Heart like this.