main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Once Upon A Time] So Close - Mod's Shuffle Challenge Response [Snow/Charming, Emma, Huntsman]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Storms_Legacy, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Storms_Legacy

Storms_Legacy Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    Title: So Close
    Author: Storms_Legacy
    Fandom: Once Upon A Time
    Genre: Angst, Romance
    Characters: Prince James/Charming, Snow White, Emma, The Huntsman
    Spoilers: Through 1x10 "7:15 AM" and speculation for 1x13 "What Happened to Frederick."
    Disclaimer: I wish this was mine, but I cannot take credit for the wonderful works of the creators.
    Notes: For the Mods' Shuffle Challenge. These are a little shorter than I'd like and I think they may be slightly out of character, so critiques would be much appreciated.

[b]A Demon?s Fate ? Within Temptation - Prince James/Charming
    [/b]
    [i]What have you done?[/i] It echoed in James?s mind for an hour after King George had shouted it at him. [i]You have destroyed our kingdom! You pitiful, lovesick pup! You?ve thrown all this away for a woman who does not even love you![/i]

James, even when months had passed, could not think of himself using the name of his twin brother. He could not forget the day he had taken on his brother?s identity. He could not forget meeting Snow White that had followed so soon after he had become Prince James.

He could not get her out of his head. No matter what he did, he could not get her out of his head. He knew she loved him as he loved her, even if she had said she had not. He knew. It was true love. He just knew.

He was a free man now ? Abigail had her Frederick returned to her and she had been adamant about setting him free, even if it had been in defiance of her father. Abigail always got what she wanted and this was no different. Now he could have what he wanted. In a matter of days, he had lost hope and gained it again. His mind was a flurry of motion ? elation prevented him from thinking clearly.

This thrill shattered again when Red told him she never came back. He had to find her. He would always find her. Fear for her safety and their love would lead him to her. They would. They had to. He would [i]always[/i] find her, no matter the consequences.

[hr][b]Sticks and Stones ? Aly & AJ - The Huntsman[/b]

They thought they were tough. They thought they understood what it was to have honor, to be a true hunter. They were wrong. They were harsh, brutal men who understood nothing of the honor of the creatures they hunted and killed for [i]fun[/i].

Every time he killed, it was to survive. He honored the noble creatures who gave their lives so that he could live. The mocking struck a nerve, however, and if there was one thing that the Huntsman was not tolerant of, that was it. They would never understand. That was why he shunned the company of humans for that of his real family. His brother wolf understood far more than the supposedly intelligent humans ever would.

They could say whatever they wanted; he would never allow himself to sink to their level. He had better things to do.

[hr][b]The Lie ? Matthew West - Emma Swan[/b]

There was a time in Emma?s life when she convinced herself that it didn?t hurt. She knew it was a lie, but it felt good at the time. It felt good to believe that she wasn?t alone, that she wasn?t worthless. That time disappeared faster than she could have imagined when she was sent to yet another foster home when there was no longer room for her where she had been.

Those memories haunted her as she looked at Henry staring up at her, his eyes wide and gleaming with pride as she relayed to him that his father had been a hero. What a lie. His father had never been a hero. Henry would hate her when he found out that she had lied to him. He would hate her for telling him that his father had been someone who had given his all to save others.

She had to convince herself that it was better this way. Then he never had to know the pain that she had. He would never have to know that his father had abandoned them and had never looked back. He never had to know that his father never knew about him because he had walked out on Emma, not tha

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love this fandom!! And you did it justice. I could really feel the pain they were all experiencing. Keep writing!!

3. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    That was lovely! I think you did all the the character voices justice, beautiful work!

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I am sooo glad that you decided to write for this fandom. This show has completely swallowed my Sunday nights, and it was good to continue the insanity here. :p

And I didn't get the out of character vibe for any of these, so you are good! :cool:

My favorite was the first one! You have a great 'voice' for James, and it reverberated nicely in the 'Remember Me' ficlet. After that - the Huntsman angst was perfect. Feral and intense. =D=

Thank-you so much for sharing. [:D]

~MJ @};-

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Once Upon a Time! [face_love]

Those were fantastic. Loved all of them, especially the last one.

6. Storms_Legacy

Storms_Legacy Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    Thank you very much! I am very glad that what I was hoping to put in there came out as you were reading it!

Thank you!

Thank you so much! I'm thrilled to know someone who loves OUAT so much - it quickly usurped the position of my favorite show from Merlin and it is so much fun! I'm glad that you didn't get those vibes - this was only the second time I ever wrote something for OUAT so I was a little worried about it. Thank you very much for your compliments. I very much appreciate them!

Thank you very much! I'm glad to hear that!

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, I love this! [face_love]

This show just started 3 weeks ago here and I'm completely hooked.

You completely did it justice. :)